Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rumor: UK 80 gig PS3 by summer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Rumor: UK 80 gig PS3 by summer

Old 27-03-2008, 20:03   #1
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Rumor: UK 80 gig PS3 by summer

Quote:
Various British retailers have told CVG that 80GB PS3 SKUs might be on the way to the UK by the end of Summer. CVG reports that employees from both wholesaler Costco and music store HMV are hearing that the 80GB models are likely to hit the UK in a few months.
Source - http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/03/27/...ps3-by-summer/
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2008, 20:12   #2
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rumor: UK 80 gig PS3 by summer

Hopefully with the new controllers and a price drop..
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 20:29   #3
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Hopefully with the new controllers and a price drop..
My guess would be they will bring it in with the new controllers and the current 40GB price and then drop the price of the 40GB.
Old 27-03-2008, 21:02   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Even if they release an 80GB SKU here, it may just be an 80GB version of the current 40GB (i.e. no PS2 BC), rather than be the same as the US 80GB SKU.

Especially as the 40GB is meant to be cheaper to manufacture, & was supposed to be the main version, due to removing the PS2 BC & shrinking the Cell from a 90nm process to 65nm.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 22:02   #5
icestar2
Inactive

Yeah I would guess that to Matt. I did hear they were working on an emulator for PS2 compatability though so hopefully all the ones out there who got the 40GB will eventually be able to play PS2 games on it.
Old 27-03-2008, 23:25   #6
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I will only buy a PS3 as soon as it has BC,

The XB360 is a defo no no.
Old 27-03-2008, 23:28   #7
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

360 is a very good console!

My ideal stituation for getting a PS3 is 40gig price drop (i can put my own HD in), backwards compatability, and the new controllers. I always like getting the ones with the smaller, cooler, chips. Just makes me think it would last longer!
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote