Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Budget

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Budget
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2017, 22:53   #1
Mr K
cf.mega poster
 
Mr K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: 150MB BB, TiVo & VHD XL TV, Talk Unlimited
Posts: 2,294
Mr K has reached the bronze age
Mr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze age
Budget

Not a bad Budget I thought. Not much mention of the crisis in the NHS, and how they are going to solve it, but no surprise there. However, it's about time the self employed their fair share, well done Phil. Hilarious to see the self employed Tory columnists going apoplectic Brexit is going to cost big time, and we are all going to have to pay for 'taking back our country', from God knows who. Welcome to the real world. Lots more tax rises to come.
__________________
Remember, 'we're all in this together', however some are more equal than others...
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2017, 23:03   #2
Mick
Proud Mancunian
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 10,064
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Not a bad Budget I thought. Not much mention of the crisis in the NHS, and how they are going to solve it, but no surprise there. However, it's about time the self employed their fair share, well done Phil. Hilarious to see the self employed Tory columnists going apoplectic Brexit is going to cost big time, and we are all going to have to pay for 'taking back our country', from God knows who. Welcome to the real world. Lots more tax rises to come.


What a pathetic, doom and gloom opinionated view you have. You are of course wrong. Brexit was not even themed in today's budget, was not even mentioned once. So you're wrong. (as always).

And no we won't turn this in to another brexit thread for you to slate with your wrongful, one sided, badly pessimistic views on the subject.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 23:09   #3
Mr K
cf.mega poster
 
Mr K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: 150MB BB, TiVo & VHD XL TV, Talk Unlimited
Posts: 2,294
Mr K has reached the bronze age
Mr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze age
Re: Budget

Yes that was strange Brexit wasn't mentioned seeing as they are supposed to be triggering Article 50 this month . Second thoughts
__________________
Remember, 'we're all in this together', however some are more equal than others...
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 23:10   #4
Mick
Proud Mancunian
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 10,064
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Yes that was strange Brexit wasn't mentioned seeing as they are supposed to be triggering Article 50 this month . Second thoughts
Dream on.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 23:19   #5
Maggy J
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team
 
Maggy J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 64
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 37,469
Maggy J has a golden auraMaggy J has a golden auraMaggy J has a golden auraMaggy J has a golden aura
Maggy J has a golden auraMaggy J has a golden auraMaggy J has a golden auraMaggy J has a golden auraMaggy J has a golden auraMaggy J has a golden aura
Re: Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Not a bad Budget I thought. Not much mention of the crisis in the NHS, and how they are going to solve it, but no surprise there. However, it's about time the self employed their fair share, well done Phil. Hilarious to see the self employed Tory columnists going apoplectic Brexit is going to cost big time, and we are all going to have to pay for 'taking back our country', from God knows who. Welcome to the real world. Lots more tax rises to come.
The self employed get no sick pay,no maternity leave/allowance and no holiday pay..
__________________
Growing older is compulsory,growing up is optional.
Maggy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 23:27   #6
Mr K
cf.mega poster
 
Mr K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: 150MB BB, TiVo & VHD XL TV, Talk Unlimited
Posts: 2,294
Mr K has reached the bronze age
Mr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze age
Re: Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
The self employed get no sick pay,no maternity leave/allowance and no holiday pay..
However they do get 'cash in hand'.
__________________
Remember, 'we're all in this together', however some are more equal than others...
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 23:42   #7
nomadking
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northampton
Services: Virgin Media TV&BB V+ STB
Posts: 3,957
nomadking has reached the bronze age
nomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze age
Re: Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
The self employed get no sick pay,no maternity leave/allowance and no holiday pay..
That is meant to factored into the rates they charge in the first place.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 00:23   #8
1andrew1
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,563
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
Re: Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
However they do get 'cash in hand'.
That may be the case for some tradespeople but many people invoice large companies and don't get cash in hand.

The Ukip-sympathetic Telegraph has gone to town on the Conservatives' promises not to raise NI. The Conservatives should have printed them on the side of a bus instead as that doesn't count as a real promise!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...aise-national/
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 00:48   #9
nomadking
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northampton
Services: Virgin Media TV&BB V+ STB
Posts: 3,957
nomadking has reached the bronze age
nomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze age
Re: Budget

It's not increasing NI, it's equalizing the rates in return for equalizing the benefits. Seems fair.
Quote:
Mr Hammond said the different National Insurance rates had traditionally reflected a disparity in pension and benefit entitlement between self-employed people and those in employment.
But he said these had now been "very substantially reduced", and that the government would also consult on addressing disparities in relation to parental benefits.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:13   #10
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei
 
papa smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 8,838
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star
Re: Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
However they do get 'cash in hand'.
hence why we all ask "how much for cash".
__________________
links posted from news sources are not necessarily my opinion
i don't have the time or the crayons to keep explaining this
papa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:50   #11
TheDaddy
cf.mega pornstar
 
TheDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,432
TheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver bling
TheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver bling
Re: Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Yes that was strange Brexit wasn't mentioned seeing as they are supposed to be triggering Article 50 this month . Second thoughts
Very strange considering there was talk the other day of the chancellor squirreling 60 billion away to insulate us, insulate us, what's he gonna do, burn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The Ukip-sympathetic Telegraph has gone to town on the Conservatives' promises not to raise NI. The Conservatives should have printed them on the side of a bus instead as that doesn't count as a real promise!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...aise-national/
Oh yes the bus, the 30 million a day, 3 billion a week, 9 trillion an hour or what ever figure it was certain brextremists plucked out of their backsides, Phil should've read that rather than the gloomy pamphlet that dropped through all our doors, if he had we might not need insulating.
__________________
Sports Babble

http://pumistore.com
TheDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:25   #12
Osem
Expose lying hypocrites
Shark Attack Champion, Pacman Champion, Air Attack 3 Champion, MiniPool Champion
 
Osem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 21,463
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
The self employed get no sick pay,no maternity leave/allowance and no holiday pay..
Mere details of course, they don't tend to feature much in the OP's jaundiced stereotyping. For him the self employed are clearly all a bunch of tax fiddling cheats who milk the system.
__________________
Corbyn's nasty 'new' politics - lies, hypocrisy, ineptitude, intimidation & even more debt.

Last edited by Osem; 09-03-2017 at 08:29.
Osem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:29   #13
spanna
Old Fart
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 93
spanna has a spectacular aura about themspanna has a spectacular aura about themspanna has a spectacular aura about themspanna has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Budget

Holiday pay isn't paid by the government anyway is it?
spanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:43   #14
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan
 
Ramrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tonbridge
Age: 49
Services: Freeview/ BT infinity
Posts: 21,609
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
However, it's about time the self employed their fair share
Quote:
and we are all going to have to pay for 'taking back our country', from God knows who.
If you don't know from whom, by now, then you are as thick as two short planks

Or are you simply trolling?

---------- Post added at 08:43 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
However they can get 'cash in hand'.
Fixed that for you to eliminate the massive assumption you made in your statement.
Not everyone who is self employed is fiddling (or can fiddle) things.
__________________
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...
-----------------------------------------------------

nthwgaming.co.uk
Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:53   #15
Mr K
cf.mega poster
 
Mr K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: 150MB BB, TiVo & VHD XL TV, Talk Unlimited
Posts: 2,294
Mr K has reached the bronze age
Mr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze age
Re: Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Fixed that for you to eliminate the massive assumption you made in your statement.
Not everyone who is self employed is fiddling (or can fiddle) things.
Oh dear Mick won't be pleased with you ! http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...7&postcount=12 (however, fwiw don't object to your 'edit', so don't be too hard on him Mick )

tbf 'cash in hand' was a bit 'tongue in cheek', however there are many tax advantages to being self employed, some legal, some not. Those taxed at source have no such room for manoeuvre. Employed/Self employed - pro's and cons with each. However self employed paying less NI for the same services is clearly unfair, and yesterday it was partly put right.
__________________
Remember, 'we're all in this together', however some are more equal than others...

Last edited by Mr K; 09-03-2017 at 10:43.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:07.


Server: radium.zmnt.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.