Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Would you prefer to have Sky Atlantic instead of BT Sport in Full House/XL?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Would you prefer to have Sky Atlantic instead of BT Sport in Full House/XL?
View Poll Results: Sky Atlantic v BT Sport.
Sky Atlantic. 20 23.81%
BT Sport. 56 66.67%
Not bothered either way 8 9.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-10-2017, 12:55   #61
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Would you prefer to have Sky Atlantic instead of BT Sport in Full House/XL?

It's easier to know online because you generally know what sites you've been visiting of late.

I'm not sure what data Sky Adsmart uses to target it's ads if I'm honest and the majority of the time I'm fast forwarding them.

I watch very little live TV the exception being Sport.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2017, 12:56   #62
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
On websites it's often really obvious. For example, this forum is currently showing me an advert for Holiday Inn Express. More than a coincidence that I stayed in one of their hotels last week?
It's showing me an advert for stair lifts, and that's bloody cheeky !
All a bit irrelevant as we all fast forward through the ads these days anyway? That's one of the main advantages of a PVR.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 14:30   #63
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I can get Sky Atlantic for £19.99 for six months with a Now TV box.

How much will BT Sport be standalone? More than that for one month?
Good point. I guess one workaround would be to ask for the log in details of someone who already subscribed or to share a subscription. BT Sport sometimes have offers too on sites like Groupon to bring the cost down.

Is BT Sport available in the normal way on TV Anywhere (or is it a separate app)? If a separate app, can it be casted so that it can be watched on the big telly?

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It's showing me an advert for stair lifts, and that's bloody cheeky !
All a bit irrelevant as we all fast forward through the ads these days anyway? That's one of the main advantages of a PVR.
LOL Mr K! That made me chuckle

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 21-10-2017 at 14:38.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 22:14   #64
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

BT Sport is available on TV anywhere for Virgin customers but cannot be cast.

For BT subscribers I believe it can be sent to a Chromecast.

It's much easier to find a now TV box for £20 than a legitimate BT subscriber. Everyone I know who watches it does so because it's part of Virgin TV XL.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 22:55   #65
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Thanks for explaining
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote