Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Government & Post Election Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Government & Post Election Discussion
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 16:29   #601
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Can you all stand back a moment and reflect that a lot, and I meant lot, of people in this country think Corbyn would make a better prime minister. Am I dreaming or what? This is the future of your children and grandchildren we are talking about here. You could not make this up .. the Tories are committing electoral suicide.

How did we get in this mess? It's like we were sold boat tickets to the promised land only to discover, once the ship had sailed, we find we are on the Titanic!
Yes its staggering really that as the way things are going the Conservatives have gone from a landslide certainty according to many experts and many in their own party to self destruction in the space of 6 months.

There are many reasons why as first they have Theresa May so that's a pretty bad start to start with especially with what was a utterly disastrous election campaign which had to go down as one of the worse campaigns l have ever seen in my lifetime especially given that her opponent was a certain Mr Corbyn who's popularity was very low to say the least before the election as she should have never called a election but did because she and her team thought it was a golden chance to stay in power for many years to come end of....

With her strong and stable slogan allied with U turn after U turn from the set manifesto that they put out it was by all accounts a total shambles from start to finish and many of those comments came from her own supporters.

She should have gone straight after the election as IMO she was fatally wounded on election night and thus there is the right time to go and that was the right time.

Other big reasons why she and her party are unpopular are there for all to see as others l suspect on this forum will expand on that far more articulately then l.
Old 08-10-2017, 16:54   #602
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

People have gotten fed up with the same old tired choices so they are looking for something different..even if it's something old and not blue.

Maybe it is time for a new party? However they will have to have NEW ideas.
Old 09-10-2017, 17:41   #603
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Yeh. I've always said that this is how politics works with the general public.

if they get bored of you they vote for change. if they think you're taking the pee and getting above yourselves they'll vote you out. if they think you're weak they'll vote for someone stronger.

always has been, and always will be the case.
they even start regretting most of the general public even having the right to do all this by way of a vote.

but Labour is in now. easily.
Old 09-10-2017, 20:04   #604
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Yeh. I've always said that this is how politics works with the general public.

if they get bored of you they vote for change. if they think you're taking the pee and getting above yourselves they'll vote you out. if they think you're weak they'll vote for someone stronger.

always has been, and always will be the case.
they even start regretting most of the general public even having the right to do all this by way of a vote.

but Labour is in now. easily.
There's a good case for not letting people have a vote. They usually make stupid decisions, based on lies and misinformation which they usually regret soon afterwards. A benevolent dictatorship is the way to go
Old 09-10-2017, 20:30   #605
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
There's a good case for not letting people have a vote. They usually make stupid decisions, based on lies and misinformation which they usually regret soon afterwards. A benevolent dictatorship is the way to go
don't beat your self up i'm sure you'll do better next time
Old 09-10-2017, 22:52   #606
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I'm genuinely beginning to wonder. Just look at the excrement spouted here by some for an advertisement against democracy, Papa Smurf popping up at an appropriate time.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:22   #607
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
I'm genuinely beginning to wonder. Just look at the excrement spouted here by some for an advertisement against democracy, Papa Smurf popping up at an appropriate time.
i see your still carrying the baggage of defeat around with you .It's making you quite bitter , you should look towards our bright future and not dwell on the failed past
don't worry be happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
Old 10-10-2017, 09:47   #608
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i see your still carrying the baggage of defeat around with you .It's making you quite bitter , you should look towards our bright future and not dwell on the failed past
don't worry be happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
Hope and Faith and "happy" songs on YouTube ... is this all you can contribute to the debate?
Old 10-10-2017, 09:57   #609
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Hope and Faith and "happy" songs on YouTube ... is this all you can contribute to the debate?
i was lost in a sea of despair my vote had no meaning but then i found brexit

hallelujah i found faith praise be to Nigel ,obviously now i have faith [praise be to Nigel] i don't have to justify it faith needs no justification

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q
Old 10-10-2017, 10:43   #610
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

time to return to DEBATING the issue instead of resorting to childish trolling.Stay on topic.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:02   #611
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
i was lost in a sea of despair my vote had no meaning but then i found brexit

hallelujah i found faith praise be to Nigel ,obviously now i have faith [praise be to Nigel] i don't have to justify it faith needs no justification

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q
Seriously, where's the evidence convincing you that we will be better off in the years ahead? After all, surely you must value your own personal prosperity and, if you have children or grand children, their hopes & aspirations?
Old 10-10-2017, 12:00   #612
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Seriously, where's the evidence convincing you that we will be better off in the years ahead? After all, surely you must value your own personal prosperity and, if you have children or grand children, their hopes & aspirations?
i have two sons both adults and both voted for brexit ,we all made our choice for our own reasons , no one can see the future we can only strive to make it a good and prosperous one, hopefully not shackled to the EU. That is what the country voted for and i hope that is what the government delivers and not a diluted version driven by political infighting ,the way things are going it looks like we will just walk away and i'm fine with that as long as we are out .
i haven't got involved in the new brexit thread because it's just going round in circles and going nowhere .
Old 10-10-2017, 17:04   #613
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
i have two sons both adults and both voted for brexit ,we all made our choice for our own reasons , no one can see the future we can only strive to make it a good and prosperous one, hopefully not shackled to the EU. That is what the country voted for and i hope that is what the government delivers and not a diluted version driven by political infighting ,the way things are going it looks like we will just walk away and i'm fine with that as long as we are out .
i haven't got involved in the new brexit thread because it's just going round in circles and going nowhere .
I genuinely don't understand this attitude unless you actually believe the propaganda outlets like the Express push out. The Express is venomous on this because its owner doesn't like the EU's anti-tax avoidance legislation taking effect in 2019, I've no idea why a 'normal' person would be. This would be the worst possible outcome.

Here're some thoughts on the impacts on the NHS of the scenario you are fine with, not that you're going to read it - if you're fine with 'no deal' you most definitely haven't looked into it:

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...926-8/fulltext

We have no real contingency planning for this scenario. We have acquired no land, set aside no funding and made no planning applications for new customs facilities. Our new customs IT system, even assuming it's ready in time, will not be capable of handling the load - we need more time at very least and ideally some kind of trade deal in place.

Of course if you can supply some concrete benefits that wouldn't be massively outweighed by the downsides I'd be very happy to hear them. If you can do that let's continue this conversation in the Brexit thread. A thread that is not going around in circles at all, it reflects the changing situation. You may not like what is being said there and you may not like that posts like the ones you've put on this thread aren't acceptable there, but if you can have a mature and sensible conversation I'm very open to it.

I would remind you that my main position in all of this has been EFTA/EEA - which is not membership of the EU. My desire to cancel the whole affair kicked in when it became very clear that, having suggested this was the most likely scenario of an exit, this was cast aside and the most extreme interpretation of the result put forward.

Given you're a father of two adult children you must have some reasons why you don't want the UK in the EEA, right? Let's hear them on there.
Old 11-10-2017, 22:01   #614
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Let's try and keep Brexit in the Brexit thread please..
Old 14-10-2017, 04:31   #615
hume
Inactive

hume is an unknown quantity at this point

Austerity (or more accurately living within our means) is not something you can sell to the electorate. Hence the election campaign the Conservatives embarked upon.
Theresa May has put the good of the country's finances above any other single issue. Welfare spending and NHS cuts have to happen, the economy can't sustain either, though both are politically sensitive and the case for it has to be made.
Closed Thread