Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Cinema downloads for Virgin Media customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Sky Cinema downloads for Virgin Media customers

Old 03-11-2017, 10:51   #1
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Sky Cinema downloads for Virgin Media customers

I'm probably late with this news, but I've just discovered that VM subscribers can download movies to their iPhones or iPads.
It used to be a service exclusive to Sky customers but the latest version of the Sky Cinema iOS app has download as an option. Movies stay on the device for a month but once you start watching it they expire after two days. Not sure if they can be viewed on a TV via HDMI and I don’t know about Android devices.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2017, 11:11   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky Cinema downloads for Virgin Media customers

Android devices got downloads on the 24th, and iOS devices got it on the 31st.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:45   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Can this be used as a way to watch Sky movies for a little longer after unsubscribing, or will it stop as soon as the subscription is cancelled?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:39   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It'll stop when the qualifying subscription is cancelled.

To get downloads you have to have the Full House, Broadband and Phone along with Sky Cinema. So even changing those may mean you no longer qualify for downloads but can still stream Sky Cinema films.
Old 06-11-2017, 16:21   #5
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Ben - are Virgin going to be promoting this benefit to Full House customers? I haven't seen any marketing about it.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 19:40   #6
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Ben - are Virgin going to be promoting this benefit to Full House customers? I haven't seen any marketing about it.

Nor have I, however I would be more interested in being able to download sports recordings to my iPad.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote