Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V6 offer from VM

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

V6 offer from VM

Old 01-11-2017, 20:01   #1
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice
V6 offer from VM

Had an email from VM today offering me a V6 for 20 quid

Should I feel special or is this a new promotion?

Off to read the relevant thread now to see what the user base thinks of it
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2017, 20:06   #2
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one
Re: V6 offer from VM

Was that a one off payment.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 20:31   #3
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Sounds like the connection charge.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 20:50   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Worth it
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 20:52   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

It's worth it.

I was happy when on an engineer visit he said he could swap mine if i wanted, i snapped his arm off.
Old 01-11-2017, 21:08   #6
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

I had an email as well, I don't fancy the sh3 at the moment so will sit tight for now. I have sh2ac which is the best I have had.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 21:48   #7
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Was that a one off payment.
Yes, activation fee

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I had an email as well, I don't fancy the sh3 at the moment so will sit tight for now. I have sh2ac which is the best I have had.
This is a concern for me also
Old 01-11-2017, 22:55   #8
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

If you use Tivos scart for anything ( I use mine to feed extra tvs & dvd recorder), be aware the V6 doesn't have one, just a single HDMI out.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 13:01   #9
StopThePigeon
cf.member

StopThePigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Until now, I have not moved onto the V6, as I do not want to lose the recordings on my current TiVo. I have received the V6 offer email, which states the following:

"Keep your recordings and watch them on any Virgin TV box, powered by TiVo"

What exactly does this mean?
StopThePigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 13:18   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

So that's talking about keeping your existing box and using the box to box streaming via your home network.
Old 02-11-2017, 14:17   #11
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I must have been lucky when I got my V6 a few months ago, CS did not mention changing my Superhub and I didn't say anything either. It works and works well as it is all I care about
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 15:27   #12
StopThePigeon
cf.member

StopThePigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
So that's talking about keeping your existing box and using the box to box streaming via your home network.
Thanks, Ben, for confirming that - it certainly helps with transitioning to V6.

Apart from the £20 one-off fee, is there any increase in the monthly bill, for having an extra box?
StopThePigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 15:44   #13
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Yes, you'll have to pay an extra £7.50 per month to keep the TiVo. You can get rid of it when you've watched the backlog of recordings. No TV required but you must have both a co-ax and home network connection to both the V6 and TiVo.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 16:16   #14
pengedragon
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I must have been lucky when I got my V6 a few months ago, CS did not mention changing my Superhub and I didn't say anything either. It works and works well as it is all I care about
So it doesn’t have to change ?

Had a lot of trouble with wifi before we managed to get an engineer out a few months ago. He put a sh2 in and it’s been flawless since

We’ve got so many devices connected now it would be more trouble than it’s worth to have to swap it out if the sh3 didn’t perform as well

That’s the only thing stopping me, nothing on the tivo we especially need to keep so happy to have a new toy to play with
Old 02-11-2017, 17:03   #15
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

As long as you have a 2 or 2ac you won't get it swapped automatically. However you may get offered the Hub 3.0 as part of the change.