Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2017, 22:48   #2416
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
The dream is over den! No Fox News! No gentle laughter at strange absurd Americans ranting and raving

Devastated

Though something is dodgy about it. Sky are lying about the viewing figures they're higher than they are saying. I think this is connected to murdochs bid for all of sky tv. Maybe they're taking murdochs Fox News away to basically say "nah we won't be influenced by murdoch style news Fox News is shut!"

Sounds dodgy. It's on the BBC anyway but yes explains everything. Found a lovely program called bluestacks though on the pc a sort of android for pc. Very useful

End of an era lads. End of an era
I've read elsewhere that Fox News Is available on YOUTUBE LIVE FROM USA.

Not sure if this would have to involve the use of a VPN or whether users would be able to view this on the TiVo/V6.

There may be hope yet Vince if anyone knows the answer
Advertisement
Old 29-08-2017, 23:06   #2417
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
The dream is over den! No Fox News! No gentle laughter at strange absurd Americans ranting and raving

Devastated

Though something is dodgy about it. Sky are lying about the viewing figures they're higher than they are saying. I think this is connected to murdochs bid for all of sky tv. Maybe they're taking murdochs Fox News away to basically say "nah we won't be influenced by murdoch style news Fox News is shut!"

Sounds dodgy. It's on the BBC anyway but yes explains everything. Found a lovely program called bluestacks though on the pc a sort of android for pc. Very useful

End of an era lads. End of an era
You know you can watch fox news on youtube right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss5MOCcCh4s how legal it is i have no idea.
Old 29-08-2017, 23:15   #2418
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
You know you can watch fox news on youtube right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss5MOCcCh4s how legal it is i have no idea.
Thanks, I've just tried this on my tablet and got sound but no picture, not sure if this is a fault or a geo restriction. There were 4,250 other people viewing, more than double the amount said to have been watching the linear channel!

This should be at least audible on Vince's TiVo or V6 then.
Old 30-08-2017, 00:17   #2419
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky to stop broadcasting rightwing US channel Fox News in UK

https://www.theguardian.com/business...fox-news-in-uk
Yet another difference in the number of channel between VM and Sky has been narrowed
Old 30-08-2017, 00:20   #2420
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Thanks, I've just tried this on my tablet and got sound but no picture, not sure if this is a fault or a geo restriction. There were 4,250 other people viewing, more than double the amount said to have been watching the linear channel!

This should be at least audible on Vince's TiVo or V6 then.
Not geo locked bud i checked it with no vpn on worked on pc and tablet (windows tablet)
Old 30-08-2017, 00:20   #2421
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
http://www.barb.co.uk/viewing-data/m...ewing-summary/

Fox News is a '*' channel in the figures which is 'Where * is shown, the figures are small but not zero.', so not a great number of people were watching.
Vince is in denial about the viewer numbers but when he's got over his loss he will accept them. He needs time to grieve and to accept the dream of a Fox News VM EPG number is no more.
Old 30-08-2017, 00:48   #2422
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Vince is in denial about the viewer numbers but when he's got over his loss he will accept them. He needs time to grieve and to accept the dream of a Fox News VM EPG number is no more.
If it had emerged from the long test period, it would have been on channel 626 with an EPG name of "FNC". Details that Vince can use for the eulogy, it should help him with his grief.

Old 30-08-2017, 09:42   #2423
pjj365
Inactive

pjj365 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Someone has asked Freesports on twitter about the channel on VM
Virgin tweeted a response to say they will not be providing this channel. Loads of guff but essentially no free channels - tell that to the mass of "Made in ....." being regularly launched

This new channel is available free from Sky, Freesat, Freeview and BT

This is a major new initiative for, primarily, minority sports. It is interesting that they are potentially a competitor to Sky but they will still carry it. So a content provider such as Sky will provide this free to air service and yet a pure play service provider which Virgin is will not

My only alternative to Sky is BT so I will monitor content and quality via friends and then decide whether to change providers
Old 30-08-2017, 10:49   #2424
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky doesn't have a say anyone can launch a channel on the Sky EPG providing they pay the regulated charges.
Old 30-08-2017, 11:14   #2425
pjj365
Inactive

pjj365 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky doesn't have a say anyone can launch a channel on the Sky EPG providing they pay the regulated charges.
Thank you
This does not though explain why Virgin do not want to compete and/or offer a aervice
Old 30-08-2017, 13:57   #2426
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjj365 View Post
Thank you
This does not though explain why Virgin do not want to compete and/or offer a aervice
It will cost money, and people keep complaining about prices going up, I guess.

Not that this would be my strategy if I was making these decisions at VM.
Old 30-08-2017, 13:59   #2427
Red_dog77
Inactive

Red_dog77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the channel will launch in the next few weeks. Remember BT Sport didn't launch on Virgin until 2 weeks after it launched on Sky.
Old 30-08-2017, 14:00   #2428
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It will cost money, and people keep complaining about prices going up, I guess.

Not that this would be my strategy if I was making these decisions at VM.
Well we are still waiting for several things that were announced over a year ago by their head honcho.
Old 30-08-2017, 14:44   #2429
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well we are still waiting for several things that were announced over a year ago by their head honcho.
It's easy to make announcements. Actually doing something is another matter.

Old 30-08-2017, 14:52   #2430
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
It's easy to make announcements. Actually doing something is another matter.
Yep a bit like politicians.