Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 21:34   #3346
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Only USA for now but youtube tv is now live https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2017, 22:20   #3347
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
They've not arrived on my PS4 yet.
Appeared on mine today along with the new thumbs up/down thing.
Old 14-04-2017, 12:42   #3348
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

6 months entertainment pass for now tv 20 quid at argos at the moment, should there be anything on sky atlantic you fancy
Old 16-04-2017, 20:10   #3349
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
The new Amazon Fire stick released today is superb much better than the original one.

New interface with Alexa just been updated on my gen 1 FTV box. Not checked it out yet.
Old 16-04-2017, 20:37   #3350
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The new Amazon Fire stick released today is superb much better than the original one.
What should i buy, the new stick the new Amazon Fire TV box or a dedicated kodi box, i will use Kodi on them?
Old 16-04-2017, 22:20   #3351
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
What should i buy, the new stick the new Amazon Fire TV box or a dedicated kodi box, i will use Kodi on them?

FTV box gives you the choice of Ethernet or wifi. Stick is wifi only.
Old 16-04-2017, 22:25   #3352
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
New interface with Alexa just been updated on my gen 1 FTV box. Not checked it out yet.
I much prefer the new UI over the old one but I suppose that's just personal preference.
Quote:
I don't use Kodi so I'm not much help there I'm afraid.
Old 16-04-2017, 23:44   #3353
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

They are updating progressively; bedroom FTV box still on old interface.

BTW Kodi can be installed on FTV.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:12   #3354
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Bah, Netflix got the stupid auto-trailers on the PS4 now. Still don't have them on the Fire TV yet so there's that at least, hopefully it never gets them. They're really annoying.
Are you able to fast forward the trailers or are they unskippable?

---------- Post added at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

Quote:
I much prefer the new UI over the old one but I suppose that's just personal preference.

I don't use Kodi so I'm not much help there I'm afraid.
I have used the Kodi on my smart TV, but I must say I am underwhelmed. It's fiddly to use and the add ons are not worth the effort. I guess it's only really useful if you have a vpn and you want to access channels you shouldn't!
Old 17-04-2017, 10:20   #3355
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Are you able to fast forward the trailers or are they unskippable?

---------- Post added at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

I have used the Kodi on my smart TV, but I must say I am underwhelmed. It's fiddly to use and the add ons are not worth the effort. I guess it's only really useful if you have a vpn and you want to access channels you shouldn't!

In my experience the add ons i use make it far better than Netflix, unless you're talking about live tv?
Old 17-04-2017, 10:25   #3356
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
. I guess it's only really useful if you have a vpn and you want to access channels you shouldn't!

Or used, as intended, for streaming your personal ripped DVDs
Old 17-04-2017, 10:31   #3357
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
In my experience the add ons i use make it far better than Netflix, unless you're talking about live tv?
I am going to attempt to load Exodus onto it, which is recommended as one of the best add-ons, but if that gives me rubbish results, I'm giving up with Kodi.

Perhaps a Kodi box is what is really needed, rather than the smart Sony TV app, but my experience so far has put me right off! I'm not interested in using nefarious means to access content, so I guess Kodi is not for me.
Old 17-04-2017, 12:48   #3358
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
I'm not interested in using nefarious means to access content, so I guess Kodi is not for me.

Unless you have DVDs that you have ripped, then you are right, Kodi is of no use to you. Pretty much all the legitimate apps on Kodi, you will have access to on your other devices.

Much of my personal DVD collection is ripped, so Kodi is useful to me for viewing those.
Old 17-04-2017, 12:56   #3359
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I am going to attempt to load Exodus onto it, which is recommended as one of the best add-ons, but if that gives me rubbish results, I'm giving up with Kodi.

Perhaps a Kodi box is what is really needed, rather than the smart Sony TV app, but my experience so far has put me right off! I'm not interested in using nefarious means to access content, so I guess Kodi is not for me.
But you're trying to install exodus hmmmm.
For a start i can tell you now bud that without a vpn you are going to find a lot of exodus links blocked by vm also to really get most out of kodi you need to turn of vms security whatever they call it you can do it on your account online i believe, i had to do same with BT and SKY.

There are plenty of perfect legal apps in the kodis repo itself and they are trying to work with tv providers to get more.
Old 17-04-2017, 13:48   #3360
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
But you're trying to install exodus hmmmm.
For a start i can tell you now bud that without a vpn you are going to find a lot of exodus links blocked by vm also to really get most out of kodi you need to turn of vms security whatever they call it you can do it on your account online i believe, i had to do same with BT and SKY.

There are plenty of perfect legal apps in the kodis repo itself and they are trying to work with tv providers to get more.
In which case, my mind's made up, thank you, theone!

I found I couldn't get into quite a few add-ons, which made the whole experience a fiddle. Not for me, the Kodi, I'm afraid, it's just not worth the effort for the little that is available legally.
Closed Thread