Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Secure Your Wireless Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Security & Virus Discussion

Secure Your Wireless Network.

Old 20-06-2008, 10:35   #61
alt3rn1ty

Re: Secure Your Wireless Network.

Update to my last, I think I have solved the problem but still not sure exactly what was the cause.

The day after my last post I found references to similar problems related to using IPv6, I disabled it and since then the laptop has a more stable wifi connection, but also no system freezes have occured.

For anyone reading this with the same symptoms heres a link to turning off IPv6...

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...port-in-vista/

I used a value of 20 (Prefer IPv4 over IPv6).
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2008, 08:20   #62
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

More evidence that securing your wireless network from wardrivers is essential...
Quote:
The US authorities have charged 11 people in connection with the theft of credit-card details in the country's largest-ever identity theft case.
They are accused of stealing more than 40 million credit and debit card numbers before selling the information.
Quote:
The 11 suspects are alleged to have obtained card numbers, account information and password details by driving around neighbourhoods and hacking into wireless equipment.
Link
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 08:20   #63
Gabriela
Inactive

Gabriela is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I secure my WiFi router by using a VPN because I discuss with lots of my friends and they say yes.
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2022, 14:53   #64
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I always unplug my modem when im done... Plus I have it restricted to my mac so it wouldnt be that easy for someone to hop on.......
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote