Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 09-09-2017, 11:39   #3256
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We are not talking about the Sky high prices though as you know what l mean but then again the emperor does like to changes his cloths from day to day.
I certainly do welcome the new app, but the cost of access to the material was what I was baulking at.

I guess we can't complain if these are the market rates being charged. I have rarely used PPV because of its cost, and have not bought a DVD for some years, given the ease of streaming and the fact that once I've seen something, I never watch it again.. However, when I saw the price charged for Game of Thrones, I wondered who would pay that kind of money. But I suppose when compared to the cost of DVDs in the shops, this will be attractive for some.

Just one thing, though. The app seems a little clunky to use. Do others think that, or is it just me? I like the appearance of it, though, quite an improvement for Virgin.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2017, 10:41   #3257
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Plenty of problems to keep the engineers busy

Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 11:05   #3258
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Must be national problems as all those faults are in my area as well
Old 21-09-2017, 13:14   #3259
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I watched a programme from On Demand last night which froze a few times. The rewind and fast forward functions also took far too long to respond to commands. Hopefully, this is only very temporary.
Old 25-09-2017, 16:38   #3260
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Well, what can I say, got three V6 boxes today, the engineer connected everything up, got the remote controls paired with the right boxes etc, all seemed to be going well as he had all the data downloading to the V6 boxes, he said it would take approx. 30 mins or so for it all to download, and went on his way, but..........all is not well, in fact all is pretty bad, my main TV is working fine, but I have a TV which is the nearest to the new SH3 and it will not connect, I've tried for hours, but get the " Connection Not Found" screen, also the V6 I have upstairs in my daughters room seems to be totally frozen, no message saying " Connection Not Found" just a red bar approx in the middle of the screen, never seen anything like that before, I'ts approx 8" long by about an inch wide, anyone any ideas?
I am waiting on the engineer to return, but I thought I'd post this to see if anyone knew what was wrong.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 17:08   #3261
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Well, what can I say, got three V6 boxes today, the engineer connected everything up, got the remote controls paired with the right boxes etc, all seemed to be going well as he had all the data downloading to the V6 boxes, he said it would take approx. 30 mins or so for it all to download, and went on his way, but..........all is not well, in fact all is pretty bad, my main TV is working fine, but I have a TV which is the nearest to the new SH3 and it will not connect, I've tried for hours, but get the " Connection Not Found" screen, also the V6 I have upstairs in my daughters room seems to be totally frozen, no message saying " Connection Not Found" just a red bar approx in the middle of the screen, never seen anything like that before, I'ts approx 8" long by about an inch wide, anyone any ideas?
I am waiting on the engineer to return, but I thought I'd post this to see if anyone knew what was wrong.
One thing worth checking is whether your superhub is set to 5g, because 2.5g will not work.
Old 25-09-2017, 17:19   #3262
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
One thing worth checking is whether your superhub is set to 5g, because 2.5g will not work.
Apparently the SH3 only has one setting, and I don't know what that is lol....
Old 25-09-2017, 19:24   #3263
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Not true. V6 works perfectly well on either 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Of course, you need to ensure you use the correct one for the positioning of your V6.
You will be aware that the two bands differ in range and performance.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 19:30   #3264
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Not true. V6 works perfectly well on either 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Of course, you need to ensure you use the correct one for the positioning of your V6.
You will be aware that the two bands differ in range and performance.
Hi, all sorted now, it was a faulty remote control that was the problem for the TV in my daughters room, I have no idea what setting the WiFi is, I didn't notice what the engineer did when he installed the SH3, looked to me as if he just changed them over and it started working, but I may be wrong.
Old 25-09-2017, 21:00   #3265
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Hi, all sorted now, it was a faulty remote control that was the problem for the TV in my daughters room, I have no idea what setting the WiFi is, I didn't notice what the engineer did when he installed the SH3, looked to me as if he just changed them over and it started working, but I may be wrong.
Glad it's fixed, Max. Hope your V6s serve you well!
Old 25-09-2017, 22:27   #3266
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Apparently the SH3 only has one setting, and I don't know what that is lol....
By default both 2.4 and 5GHz are enabled with the same SSID, so devices can connect to either. The downside of this is sometimes they don't pick the best one, as happened in OLD BOY's case. Renaming one of the SSIDs lets you specifically connect to the one of your choice.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2017, 00:08   #3267
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
By default both 2.4 and 5GHz are enabled with the same SSID, so devices can connect to either. The downside of this is sometimes they don't pick the best one, as happened in OLD BOY's case. Renaming one of the SSIDs lets you specifically connect to the one of your choice.

Thank you, that's very helpful..

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Quote:
Glad it's fixed, Max. Hope your V6s serve you well!
Cheers OB, so far I'm very impressed......
Old 26-09-2017, 13:26   #3268
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

OK I admit to being slightly lazy and am appealing to the better sense of community support rather than the aggressive it out there look for it brigade

I am thinking of swapping TivO for V6 and looking for information on what it can actually do.

1 I understand it actually stream from the box to a device with the Virign TV app?
2-Can it stream one of the tuner feeds to a device of does live viewing always need a box ?

I know the answer is out there but I also know it on the tip of someone tongue as well...

Meet me halfway--point me to a good resource and I'm happy

Thanks in advance.

M
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2017, 14:51   #3269
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Ok guys could do with some help here from users of the V6, I don't want to call out an engineer if I can fix this myself, so here goes, all was working perfectly well on all TV's last night, but this morning none of the TV's were working via the V6 boxes, I was getting a good WiFi signal as I was able to access Netflix from my main TV, so WiFi was not the problem, but what I did notice was that the V6 boxes all had a red light showing instead of a white light, when I tried to get my other TV working I had a message on the screen saying "No Signal", I had to go out for an hour, and when I came back home I tried the TV's once again and all were working fine, and all the boxes were showing a white light at the front, so can anyone help me here and suggest what the problem may be, I don't want this to be continually happening, thanks.
Old 26-09-2017, 15:02   #3270
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Ok guys could do with some help here from users of the V6, I don't want to call out an engineer if I can fix this myself, so here goes, all was working perfectly well on all TV's last night, but this morning none of the TV's were working via the V6 boxes, I was getting a good WiFi signal as I was able to access Netflix from my main TV, so WiFi was not the problem, but what I did notice was that the V6 boxes all had a red light showing instead of a white light, when I tried to get my other TV working I had a message on the screen saying "No Signal", I had to go out for an hour, and when I came back home I tried the TV's once again and all were working fine, and all the boxes were showing a white light at the front, so can anyone help me here and suggest what the problem may be, I don't want this to be continually happening, thanks.
D

Sounds stupid, but when I had problems after getting 2 V6 boxes, it turned out the installer had left me with the boxes but insufficient connection for my 2 V6 boxes and 200mb broadband.

A senior guy came out and checked the strength, declared it insufficient to support my set up. He went to the street box, came back and all was well.

Incredibly, it appears how high up the connections ladder you are dictates how much you get!
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote