Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 02-12-2016, 23:15   #1816
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
Anyone who wants a v6 fast.. must stay prisoner at home if you miss a call that's it until June! Iv'e heard! lol
They always call my mobile not the landline.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2016, 23:45   #1817
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

this was on mobile lol

I just cant get back in touch with the number you get an american accent play a voice message saying please stay on the line etc.

Then it sits playing music for about 5-6 minutes then cuts me off saying goodbye.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 00:50   #1818
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
Hi, do yo know what the number was?

I had a missed call from, 01586 482335
Campbeltown, Scotland

But they didn't leave a voicemail. I'm worried it was VM but when I call it back I'm on hold for 5 minutes then it cuts me off saying goodbye
No it wasn't that number, it was an 0800 number for sure as I checked. I thought it could have been a scam to start with but I checked my virgin account straight after and i can verify that appointment is booked for the date they said.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:13   #1819
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
Just dont want to miss the opportunity of a free box, ive got 3 tivo boxes presently and want shot of refurbs, 1 of which is proving unreliable.

rather only have to pay, £100 than £150 for 3x, even if they only give me 1 free its something
Yep. I was jesting. I want a freebie to of course. Who wouldn't.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:27   #1820
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
L

Does the comment below mean If both are connected by wifi then you can record 12 shows are once, without having to say what box and does it show 2tb on either box

" Virgin Media has cleverly designed the new boxes to connect to each other and increase the storage. For example, if you have two Virgin TV V6 boxes, your storage capacity increases to 2TB (1TB per box) and you can record up to 12 shows at once. You can then play them back on either box without knowing, nor caring where the programme is stored"
There was rumoured to be a 2TB box available, but nothing has been formally announced.

Here's why I have a feeling it won't happen.

Sky Q, 2TB, 350 hours of HD

TiVo, 1TB, 100 hours of HD

175 hrs v 100 hrs is a massive difference.

Apparently, it's because of the different compression formats. Sky use MPEG4 which is more efficient than the MPEG format which Virgin use for their live TV.

As VM are gradually phasing out their old boxes and will be changing over to MPEG4 when this is complete, this should mean that our TiVo boxes will take longer to fill up.

Maybe that's why they haven't (so far) announced the rumoured 2TB box, as the new compression format will effectively mean that the box will be 1.75TB compared to the old system??

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 03-12-2016 at 02:30.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 18:16   #1821
paulg
Inactive

paulg is an unknown quantity at this point

Amusing that the Stuff review thinks you get a free Telly Tablet with every V6!
paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 18:27   #1822
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well they certainly got that wrong.
Old 03-12-2016, 18:52   #1823
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Well I spoke with customer services and confirmed to me 9am on Tuesday Is when you can order the v6, also there is no 4K at launch apart from subscription services Netflix at £8.99 available via the site but not at start or YouTube. I said is there any 4K material is part of subscription due they said not before summer At the earliest, so you want to see 4K on your v6 you virgin package will go up for £8.99 a month virgin thanks for that tempting price

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg View Post
Amusing that the Stuff review thinks you get a free Telly Tablet with every V6!
Sadly the deal for bt sport 4K is a two or three year deal exclusive to bt and also sky q but not virgin tv
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 18:54   #1824
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
so you want to see 4K on your v6 you virgin package will go up for £8.99 a month virgin thanks for that tempting price
Not really, anyone who wants 4k Netflix will already have it anyway.
Old 03-12-2016, 19:06   #1825
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Not really, anyone who wants 4k Netflix will already have it anyway.
Ok but say you didn't have it and wanted to see what 4K looked like then you do need to pay a extra fee I find this funny no sky 4K and try to make it look tempting

experience mesmerising 4K Ultra HD
4K Ultra HD is here, and boy oh boy, it looks good. Experience Netflix (if you’re subscribed) and YouTube in 4K Ultra HD*.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Well I see the comparasion from the 500 go TiVo and 1tb v6 but they miss out 1tb TiVo

http://virginmedia.com/shop/tv/v6.ht...ge_pos7_button
Old 03-12-2016, 19:09   #1826
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Quote:
Ok but say you didn't have it and wanted to see what 4K looked like then you do need to pay a extra fee I find this funny no sky 4K and try to make it look tempting

experience mesmerising 4K Ultra HD
4K Ultra HD is here, and boy oh boy, it looks good. Experience Netflix (if you’re subscribed) and YouTube in 4K Ultra HD*.
That's still nothing to do with Virgin though. Anyone with a 4K TV already has the option to pay have Netflix or not, just because the V6 box also has the app doesn't change that.

Yes it's kinda ridiculous Virgin don't have any of their own content but that's a separate matter.
Old 03-12-2016, 19:10   #1827
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
That's still nothing to do with Virgin though. Anyone with a 4K TV already has the option to pay have Netflix or not, just because the V6 box also has the app doesn't change that.

Yes it's kinda ridiculous Virgin don't have any of their own content but that's a separate matter.
I do get your point, but to launch your 4K box with no subscription funded material when they have had months to sort something, I don't think they will be busy Tuesday 9am because the real difference is not slow and more tuners like the difference from iPhones 6 to 6s never massive

Now some forum members will say neither did sky but they did announce content is coming and what to expect, virgin content dept go back to sleep, there big exclusive billie and billy axed last uesrv
Old 03-12-2016, 21:17   #1828
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road

Are the calls re free upgrades still taking place? I registered my interest, albeit only a few days ago but have not heard anything so far.
browneggsandham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 21:26   #1829
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

It might take longer then you think as we registered our interest weeks ago but alas we have heard nothing yet..
Old 03-12-2016, 21:30   #1830
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneggsandham View Post
Are the calls re free upgrades still taking place? I registered my interest, albeit only a few days ago but have not heard anything so far.
Nothing stopping you calling at 9am Tuesday. I been told on Tuesday you can order up to two boxes, self install might or might not been needed but cost is the same

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
It might take longer then you think as we registered our interest weeks ago but alas we have heard nothing yet..
Just call Tuesday 9am nothing to lose