Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 14-02-2017, 12:44   #196
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Where were the right-wing protests against those killings in Canada from a person claiming to do in their name?.

I agree with you. As I indicted in a previous post, violence against any religious group should be condemned. Or any religious group committing violence should be condemned and relevant action taken.

Quote:
Re religion, if there was currently a radical group of Christians committing the same atrocities as ISIS I would support a similar ban on Christians.

Trump's ban was not a Muslim ban. The fact that many, many more Muslim nations were not affected by the ban, shows that accusation to be nonsense.

The world is so blinded by political correctness, that simple common sense seems to have departed many people in areas such as this.
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2017, 13:42   #197
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Where were the right-wing protests against those killings in Canada from a person claiming to do in their name? Maybe a collection of millions of diverse people aren't all responsible for each other's actions and the world is not a black and white place.
False comparison. If right wingers were responsible for terrorism on the scale that islam is in the world atm then the majority of right wingers would be marching in protest.

---------- Post added at 13:42 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Trump's ban was not a Muslim ban. The fact that many, many more Muslim nations were not affected by the ban, shows that accusation to be nonsense.
iirc, his ban didn't affect something like 85% of the muslims in the world.
Old 14-02-2017, 13:45   #198
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
The courts disagreed with you on every point
Why ? Did you ask them all ? Are you sure about that with your armchair degree in law?

A Federal Judge in Boston initially upheld Trumps Order, before a District Judge, in Seattle, temporarily blocked it nationwide.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...l-ban-45237826

Quote:
A federal judge in Boston declined Friday to extend a temporary injunction against President Donald Trump's travel ban. But a separate federal ruling in Seattle later in the day put the ban on hold nationwide.
So no, not ALL the courts disagreed at all.
Old 14-02-2017, 13:48   #199
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I agree with you. As I indicted in a previous post, violence against any religious group should be condemned. Or any religious group committing violence should be condemned and relevant action taken.

The world is so blinded by political correctness, that simple common sense seems to have departed many people in areas such as this.
More of a bandwagon than a ban...
Old 14-02-2017, 14:34   #200
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The courts disagreed with you on every point
Well you offered two point that I responded to.

Point one that
Quote:
He will have to show that the countries are a threat the the USA
My response
Quote:
He doesn't have to show that they are a "threat". The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, gives the president the power to suspend or impose restrictions on the entry of foreign nationals if he determines their entry "would be detrimental to the interests of the United States."

That's a much lower bar than a threat.
The actual judgement from the Circuit Nine Court advised
Quote:
The Government has pointed to no evidence that any alien from any of the countries named in the Order has perpetrated a terrorist attack in the United States. Rather than present evidence to explain the need for the Executive Order, the Government has taken the position that we must not review its decision at all. We disagree
So the administration didn't provide any evidence at all, they just argued that the County court shouldn't be able to overturn the EO.

So that test about the level of detriment/ threat hasn't been done.

Your second point was
Quote:
and he will have to remove any religious bias ,which he failed to do
my response
Quote:
There was no religious bias in the original order. Religion wasn't mentioned
The actual judgement from the Circuit Nine Court says
Quote:
The Government has not shown that it is likely to succeed on appeal on its arguments about, at least, the States’
Due Process Clause claim, and we also note the serious nature of the allegations the States have raised with respect to their religious discrimination claims. We express no view
as to any of the States’ other claims.
So they advise that the administration are unlikely to win an appeal in regards to the "due process" part of the claim. They note the allegation of religious discrimination but that is not why the appeal was not upheld

So in reality the Court (singular) didn't disagree with me on anything.

I'm surprised you've made this mistake as you're usually so very well informed.

If you want to digest the courts ruling you can here:

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...9/17-35105.pdf
Old 14-02-2017, 18:34   #201
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Washington Post is saying Trump was warned weeks ago about Flynn by the DOJ:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...401_story.html

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
There's a big difference between fake news and satire as well, you know private eye is classed as fake news by some outlets. Mmm perhaps organs is more apt than outlets actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Private Eye does far more RIGEROUS research than than the DF or the Sun and therefore those outlets need to do some more research if they consider PE as fake.
I saw that story and to be fair what happened is some university in America was compiling a list and misunderstood the satire/news thing the Private Eye does. It's not a usual format to mix real reporting with the joke stuff and whilst Private Eye makes it clear, you would have to be pretty slow to be unable to distinguish them, it seems someone compiling the list didn't know the magazine.

Last edited by Damien; 14-02-2017 at 19:22.
Old 14-02-2017, 19:00   #202
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Washington Post is saying Trump was warned weeks ago about Flynn by the DOJ:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...401_story.html

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

I saw that story and to be fair what happened is some university in America was complying a list and misunderstood the satire/news thing the Private Eye does. It's not a usual format to mix real reporting with the joke stuff and whilst Private Eye makes it clear, you would have to be pretty slow to be unable to distinguish them, it seems someone compiling the list didn't know the magazine.
Americans are pretty slow in a number of ways.
Old 14-02-2017, 19:09   #203
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:

It was a Muslim ban from the specified countries because it gave priority to Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Why ? Did you ask them all ? Are you sure about that with your armchair degree in law?

A Federal Judge in Boston initially upheld Trumps Order, before a District Judge, in Seattle, temporarily blocked it nationwide.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...l-ban-45237826

So no, not ALL the courts disagreed at all.
Yes because Trumps Muslim ban was thrown out of court and denied ,had the judges agreed with it he would have won ,even you should be able to understand that simple piece of logic.You can be as pedantic as you like Mick pretending that because one judge initially allowed it "so not ALL the courts disagreed at all"(but the rest banned the ban)that just makes you look ridiculous ,you need to accept that he was wrong ,the judges said he was wrong ,you need to accept it .No doubt you will come up with more reasons why you are right and the USA's judiciary are wrong because your armchair degree is better than mine but i really can't be arsed with you and your ilk any more so i'll leave you to come up with more ways to be wrong

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Well you offered two point that I responded to.

Point one that

My response

The actual judgement from the Circuit Nine Court advised

So the administration didn't provide any evidence at all, they just argued that the County court shouldn't be able to overturn the EO.

So that test about the level of detriment/ threat hasn't been done.

Your second point was

my response

The actual judgement from the Circuit Nine Court says

So they advise that the administration are unlikely to win an appeal in regards to the "due process" part of the claim. They note the allegation of religious discrimination but that is not why the appeal was not upheld

So in reality the Court (singular) didn't disagree with me on anything.

I'm surprised you've made this mistake as you're usually so very well informed.

If you want to digest the courts ruling you can here:

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...9/17-35105.pdf
see above

Old 14-02-2017, 19:14   #204
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
It was a Muslim ban from the specified countries because it gave priority to Christians

You mean the specific group of people that ISIS are targeting to Kill (in barbaric ways).
Old 14-02-2017, 19:17   #205
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
You mean the specific group of people that ISIS are targeting to Kill (in barbaric ways).
and what about the Muslims that ISIS are targeting to kill(in barbaric ways)

You may (or may not ) be surprised to learn that US counter Terrorist Center ( the ones that tell Trump who's dangerous or not ) reported in 2009 that

Quote:
According to a 2009 report published by the Counter Terrorism Center at the United States Military Academy at West Point, Al-Qaeda kills over seven times more Muslims than non-Muslims.

State Department commented:

Quote:
NCTC [i.e. the National Counterterrorism Center] maintains its statistical information on the U.S. government’s authoritative and unclassified database on terrorist acts, the Worldwide Incidents Tracking System (WITS).

Muslims continued to bear the brunt of terrorism ….

In cases where the religious affiliation of terrorism casualties could be determined, Muslims suffered between 82 and 97 percent of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years.
Muslim majority countries bore the greatest number of attacks involving 10 or more deaths ….
Quote:
The UN reported last year that Muslims are the largest victims of ISIS in Iraq.

In 2013, the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism’s Global Terrorism Database – joint government-university program on terrorism, hosted at the University of Maryland noted that between 2004 and 2013, about half of all terrorist attacks, and 60% of fatalities due to terrorist attacks, took place in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan – all of which have a mostly Muslim population:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/muslims...rnment/5516565

Last edited by martyh; 14-02-2017 at 19:25.

Old 14-02-2017, 19:31   #206
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
and what about the Muslims that ISIS are targeting to kill(in barbaric ways)

I agree; I've stated several times that any religious persecution is wrong and that if there were a group of radical Christians killing people, they should also be subject to a temporary ban until secure vetting procedures can be put in place.
Old 14-02-2017, 19:40   #207
martyh

Quote:
I agree; I've stated several times that any religious persecution is wrong and that if there were a group of radical Christians killing people, they should also be subject to a temporary ban until secure vetting procedures can be put in place.
Well the vetting procedure that Obama put in place seems to be working because no one from any of those countries has committed a terrorist act ,so why did Trump see the need to ban everyone from those countries but give special dispensation to minority religions (making it in practice a Muslim ban).

Old 14-02-2017, 19:45   #208
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Well the vetting procedure that Obama put in place seems to be working because no one from any of those countries has committed a terrorist act ,so why did Trump see the need to ban everyone from those countries but give special dispensation to minority religions (making it in practice a Muslim ban).

Because the Obama Administration identified these seven countries as needing more travel restrictions. The fact that Obama didn't implement them says more about Obama. Have you never heard of 'Sleepers"?
Old 14-02-2017, 19:58   #209
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
As long as his supporters see him trying to do the right thing by trying to get the ban in place, he'll be happy. The courts' decisions against him may also help him reinforce his anti-establishment image, which again will go down well with his supporters. It's all about the perceptions of voters and not any threats for as you say, the vetting procedures have worked well.

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

Google headline to read full article or subscribers can use link below

Pressure builds for probe into Trump-Russia ties
The White House is facing mounting pressure to explain the relationship between President Donald Trump and the Kremlin, after Michael Flynn was fired as national security adviser following claims that he may have illegally discussed sanctions with Russia’s ambassador to Washington.
The abrupt ousting of Mr Flynn after 24 days in the White House role has intensified the focus on the Trump administration’s ties to Russia and made it impossible for the White House to convince sceptics that all is smooth inside the West Wing.
https://www.ft.com/content/d9c46b52-...8-6876151821a6
Old 14-02-2017, 20:01   #210
martyh

Quote:
Because the Obama Administration identified these seven countries as needing more travel restrictions. The fact that Obama didn't implement them says more about Obama. Have you never heard of 'Sleepers"?
Yes he did ,it passed through congress in 2015 407 to 19 ,it is called

Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015.

Trump decided to take something that was already working and make it not work

Closed Thread