Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 27-09-2017, 23:34   #2776
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
That an new Sky channel name for Media Boy HQ is an SD Channel also testing?

Maybe an Virgin Media Exclusive?

Only thing we can find on Sky Ocean Rescue is: https://skyoceanrescue.com/
There was nothing in the scan data for an SD channel, maybe coming soon?

I found that site too but it doesn't really help. I'll try to extract some information from the raw scan data later tonight as it doesn't look like processed data will be updated any time soon. Too close to the end of the month for adhoc updates apparently.

Advertisement
Old 28-09-2017, 00:14   #2777
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
There was nothing in the scan data for an SD channel, maybe coming soon?

I found that site too but it doesn't really help. I'll try to extract some information from the raw scan data later tonight as it doesn't look like processed data will be updated any time soon. Too close to the end of the month for adhoc updates apparently.
Digital Spy Forum is reporting that Sky Ocean Rescue is also testing on Sky.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...ead-week-38/p5 (See top post on Link)

DS Forum reporting it broadcasting on an HD channels transponder

Source: Digital Spy Forum, jimbo and omnidirectional.

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

New name for Sky2?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 28-09-2017, 00:33   #2778
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Digital Spy Forum is reporting that Sky Ocean Rescue is also testing on Sky.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...ead-week-38/p5 (See top post on Link)

DS Forum reporting it broadcasting on an HD channels transponder

Source: Digital Spy Forum, jimbo and omnidirectional.

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

New name for Sky2?
I think it just a temp channel to promote SKYs campaign they are doing to clean up the oceans etc.
Old 28-09-2017, 00:40   #2779
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I think it just a temp channel to promote SKYs campaign they are doing to clean up the oceans etc.
What is it with Sky and Oceans?

They water bill must be high.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 28-09-2017, 01:54   #2780
jj20x

Quote:
New name for Sky2?
LOL, I hope not. Surely that will be Sky Pacific.

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I think so. A contact suggested it is connected to UN Ocean Conference, but that was back in June, so maybe a little late for that.

---------- Post added at 00:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

Analysis of the NIT data shows that Sky Ocean Rescue HD is testing on 5 internal VM networks normally associated with such tests.

Analysis of the SDT data shows that Sky Ocean Rescue HD is flagged in the Documentary section of the EPG on channel 244 with an EPG name of "Sky Ocean". Pack flags hadn't been added.

Old 28-09-2017, 04:45   #2781
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
How exciting!! I'd better get the service name for "Nick Jr Too" locked in the database so that this temporary rebrand doesn't flag up loads of irrelevant changes.

Speaking of changes.. I've been informed that "Sky Ocean Rescue HD" has been added to TS ID 39 SID 3904 and that frequency changes have taken place on several VM regional networks*. That update is from raw scan data, no doubt I'll be given further information over the next few hours / days as soon as it has been processed.

*Edit: frequency changes for networks served by the Barnsley & Brighton headends.
Maybe this is an indication that VM & Sky are indeed working together more if they are carrying this (assuming that this is a pop up channel to support the Sky initiative to help clear the oceans of plastic).

Let's hope that this leads to the addition of another Sky channel concerned with Oceans

---------- Post added at 02:45 ---------- Previous post was at 00:48 ----------

Bike now removed from the EPG.
Old 28-09-2017, 05:47   #2782
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Bike now removed from the EPG.
Streams removed, parked on SID 952 (formerly 902), still technically parked on its old EPG slot but hidden from the EPG.

Rishtey Cineplex has launched on channel 828.
MTV Beats has launched on channel 841.

Old 28-09-2017, 10:23   #2783
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Seen the sky q advert where they say they have the widest range going like sport movies documentaries but since they don’t allow anybody else access they will automatically have widest range
Old 28-09-2017, 10:36   #2784
Red_dog77
Inactive

Red_dog77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any latest on Freesports?
Old 28-09-2017, 12:25   #2785
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Seen the sky q advert where they say they have the widest range going like sport movies documentaries but since they don’t allow anybody else access they will automatically have widest range
Given that they don't have BT Sport, that seems a dubious claim. I expect it was carefully worded
Old 28-09-2017, 12:34   #2786
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_dog77 View Post
Nothing has come to my attention regarding Freesports..
Old 28-09-2017, 12:59   #2787
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Given that they don't have BT Sport, that seems a dubious claim. I expect it was carefully worded
I meant to say widest range of UHD aNywhere
Old 28-09-2017, 13:03   #2788
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_dog77 View Post
Still in talks as far as we're aware.
Old 28-09-2017, 16:30   #2789
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
I meant to say widest range of UHD aNywhere
Until Amazon muscle in on the action!
Old 28-09-2017, 17:11   #2790
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Until Amazon muscle in on the action!
l am sure l have heard that sentiment before if my memory serves me right.