Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM's new Freestyle tariffs!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

VM's new Freestyle tariffs!!

Old 30-01-2015, 12:51   #31
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice
Re: VM's new Freestyle tariffs!!

Down to two contracts with Virgin Mobile, after seeing these new Freestyle tariffs I wont be renewing later this year. I see insurance is not included either.

I cancelled one contract to go to EE 4G, as I have another contract with them already, because VM dont have 4G. I have a total of 4 contracts, for my wife, 2 sons and myself and never missed a payment.

VM must be losing alot of customers when its time to upgrade?
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-01-2015, 18:45   #32
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well I ended up taking an upgrade on a standard tariff to a Samsung Galaxy Alpha which I've given to the wife. It is a great little phone though.

I've then sold her S4 and my Note 3 and bought the LG G3 SIM free.

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
Down to two contracts with Virgin Mobile, after seeing these new Freestyle tariffs I wont be renewing later this year. I see insurance is not included either.

I cancelled one contract to go to EE 4G, as I have another contract with them already, because VM dont have 4G. I have a total of 4 contracts, for my wife, 2 sons and myself and never missed a payment.

VM must be losing alot of customers when its time to upgrade?
In total aggreement. The fact that they wob't budge on their credit check is plain silly for long term customers like me who also spend a lot of money every month.

They are apparently launching 4G by the end of the year.
Old 31-01-2015, 20:30   #33
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Dumping Virgin Mobile as soon as my current contract ends.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 20:52   #34
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I've been waiting 3 weeks for a note 4 on a staff deal, customer service is non existent for staff. I would rather pay more money elsewhere to dump virgin mobile
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 21:27   #35
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I've also heard that since the new freestyle tariffs its made discounts and taking out contracts almost impossible
Old 01-02-2015, 10:51   #36
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Do the discounts work the same as on O2, i.e. you only get discount on the tariff part and not the phone part?
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:04   #37
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

It's 50% off the total price, so if you can actually get the phone you like it's not too bad
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 20:36   #38
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Dumping Virgin Mobile as soon as my current contract ends.
New contract arranged, call tomorrow to tell VM where they can put the Freestyle tariff
Old 25-02-2015, 16:21   #39
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Now done. Wow that retentions guy was a bit aggressive.

For the curious they tried to keep me by offering me an 'internal' credit check with the possibility of receiving a Samsung A3 depending on how that came out.
Old 25-02-2015, 17:40   #40
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Meanwhile O2 are crediting their similar Refresh tariff system for giving them 'record customer acquisitions' and their 'strongest quarterly growth in six years'
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 19:40   #41
David H
cf.member

Services: Virgin XL TV, 100 meg broadband
David H is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually feel as if I have been burgled today, as I got a message from Virgin telling me they had charged me (within my free call package) 50p a minute because I'd called a local rate 0345 number.

I am not going to let this one lie. BT brought out the 03 series specifically to save callers from 08 premium rate calls, and LBC changed their 0845 number (10p per minute on average) to 0345 and I changed accordingly. The Freestyle tariff (like BT) now don't charge for 0845 numbers but as LBC changed their number I assumed (as it was advertised) that they were local rate.

I am going to kick up a serious stink here, anyone else on board?

Update, I just spoke to the operator who informed me 08-numbers were not included either, but when I checked the itemised bill hidden in the depths it apparently let me off the 0345 number.

Any answers as I am now extremely confused.
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2015, 19:59   #42
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Was looking at a iPhone 6 16G deal from VM and was amazed to find that if you buy the phone + SIM only combination, you end up paying £696 for the phone over the 2 years. Get this, you can buy the phone from Apple no less, for £539!!!!

Why would anyone buy the handset and not just go for the SIM only tariff? £157 premium, WTF!

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Trying to chosse between the two SIM only tariffs:

Quote:
From £15 Unlimited Unlimited 3GB
From £20 Unlimited* Unlimited Unlimited
Turns out the FUP caps the Unlimited data at 3.5G!! Is the 0.5G and the free 0800, 0845, 0870 and 0808 numbers worth the extra £5 pcm?
Old 19-03-2015, 20:16   #43
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Was looking at a iPhone 6 16G deal from VM and was amazed to find that if you buy the phone + SIM only combination, you end up paying £696 for the phone over the 2 years. Get this, you can buy the phone from Apple no less, for £539!!!!

Why would anyone buy the handset and not just go for the SIM only tariff? £157 premium, WTF!
Because you can't get 2 years of service for free?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2015, 20:28   #44
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I'm due for contract renewal this month and probably won't stay with virgin after nearly 10 yrs because of the freestyle tariffs .I simply don't want to take a loan out for a phone so I'm looking at other providers to see what they offer
Old 19-03-2015, 20:29   #45
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Trying to chosse between the two SIM only tariffs:

Turns out the FUP caps the Unlimited data at 3.5G!! Is the 0.5G and the free 0800, 0845, 0870 and 0808 numbers worth the extra £5 pcm?
I went to a SIM only tariff some time ago for the same reason. if you can't afford to pay for the phone upfront maybe they've got you but if you can then its a no-brainer not to.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote