Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 0845 and 08457 numbers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

0845 and 08457 numbers

Old 27-01-2014, 11:55   #1
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
0845 and 08457 numbers

I've just seen an interesting question posted on another forum - I'm got the new VIP+ tariff where 0800, 0845 and 0870 are included for £18 per month but some companies have numbers starting 08457. Does anyone know if that's just the same but the 7 being part of the rest of the number? It feels like it ought to be but for some reason you don't seem to find 08451, 08452, 08453 etc so I was wondering if it's a different rate.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-01-2014, 12:11   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: 0845 and 08457 numbers

As long as it starts 0845 then its covered.
Old 27-01-2014, 12:29   #3
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Makes sense - just wanted to check, thanks.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 27-01-2014, 14:39   #4
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I've just seen an interesting question posted on another forum - I'm got the new VIP+ tariff where 0800, 0845 and 0870 are included for £18 per month but some companies have numbers starting 08457. Does anyone know if that's just the same but the 7 being part of the rest of the number? It feels like it ought to be but for some reason you don't seem to find 08451, 08452, 08453 etc so I was wondering if it's a different rate.
I found this great website well I think it is really good for 0870 numbers it is SAYNOTO0870.COM

The site lists many well known companies, and their equivalent geographical numbers, therefore not paying premium rates like 5p or more per minute. It also lets you type in the number and gives you the cheaper one...
Old 27-01-2014, 15:28   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I found this great website well I think it is really good for 0870 numbers it is SAYNOTO0870.COM

The site lists many well known companies, and their equivalent geographical numbers, therefore not paying premium rates like 5p or more per minute. It also lets you type in the number and gives you the cheaper one...
Russ has said in his post that calls to those numbers are actually included in in free mins.
Old 27-01-2014, 15:43   #6
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I have a little piece of paper sent to me by VM over a year ago that says that I get £5 worth of FREE calls to 08 numbers each month as a freebie.

Is this general or is it only for me?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 15:45   #7
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Russ has said in his post that calls to those numbers are actually included in in free mins.
But 0844 and 0871 are not, so the site still helps
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 16:18   #8
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

It's all about how they write down their numbers, nothing more
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 17:40   #9
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It does many more numbers than 0870, it may have numbers that is not included in the phone package Russ has ... I have this included in my VM package and it does not cover all premium rate numbers so I use this website as my doctors have a 0844 number so I got their geographical number as I am not willing to pay for these numbers as I am fed up being ripped off ... so I try and show these numbers the
Old 27-01-2014, 19:23   #10
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

In reply to weenie: We used to have 0844 No for doctors untill patient power took over!
We complained as a group to practise manager, took the better part of 18months but worth it in the end.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 19:48   #11
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Thanks raging bull, I think I will try that as I know many patients complain about the number, I give them there land line number lol the doctors are non to pleased...
Old 28-01-2014, 05:59   #12
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I've just found out the offer includes 0808 numbers too.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 28-01-2014, 08:50   #13
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
In reply to weenie: We used to have 0844 No for doctors untill patient power took over!
We complained as a group to practise manager, took the better part of 18months but worth it in the end.
My doctor also used 0844 but like you the practice manager had a lot of complaints they return to using 0118.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 11:24   #14
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I think it is terrible that doctors can do this. The old and the unemployed must be put off phoning this number to access medical treatment due to the financial imposition of calling expensive premium rate 0844 numbers to reach their GP.
Old 28-01-2014, 12:25   #15
Bircho
cf.addict

Bircho is a glorious beacon of lightBircho is a glorious beacon of lightBircho is a glorious beacon of lightBircho is a glorious beacon of lightBircho is a glorious beacon of lightBircho is a glorious beacon of lightBircho is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I've just found out the offer includes 0808 numbers too.
0808 numbers are freephone numbers.
Bircho is offline   Reply With Quote