Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Sports F1 subscription change

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky Sports F1 subscription change

Old 03-03-2013, 16:15   #16
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Sky Sports F1 subscription change

l like the look of Sky British.
Old 03-03-2013, 18:09   #17
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

I have Sky movies so Sky sports only costs me £13, Now £13 for

Skysports 1HD
Skysports 2HD
Skysports 3HD
Skysports 4HD
Skysports F1HD
Skysports News HD

Is an absolute BARGAIN, forget £8 for this, £8 for that, nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad

SKY Football - £14.00 per month (Nothing but football on this channel)
SKY Combat - £8.00 per month (Nothing but boxing, WWE, UFC if they buy the rights)
SKY Motor - £8.00 per month (F1, Speedway, Indie Racing League etc...)
SKY British - £8.00 per month (Cricket, Rugby, Golf and Tennis)
SKY Sports Mix - £8.00 per month (Cycling, Darts, NBA etc...)
So £46 for what I pay £13 for???
Old 03-03-2013, 18:12   #18
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post

Skysports 1HD
Skysports 2HD
Skysports 3HD
Skysports 4HD
Skysports F1HD
Skysports News HD

He asked a question that's all so don't get up on your high horse.
Old 03-03-2013, 19:52   #19
Jameseh

I pay £5 for Sky Sports 1-4, News, F1 & ESPN on the Sky Sports TV app why would I pay £13 for all that HD nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITA
Skysports 1
Skysports 2
Skysports 3
Skysports 4
Skysports F1
Skysports News
So £13 + £9 for ESPN for what I pay £5 for???
Old 03-03-2013, 20:19   #20
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack

Quote:

Skysports 1HD
Skysports 2HD
Skysports 3HD
Skysports 4HD
Skysports F1HD
Skysports News HD

Great job of changing the premis of the argument and once again making sure the sun shines on SKY in the face of any negativity what so every.

For people who don't have movies and aren't interested in football it makes perfect sense.

J
jamiefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 20:23   #21
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Skysports 1HD
Skysports 2HD
Skysports 3HD
Skysports 4HD
Skysports F1HD
Skysports News HD

If you go back and read my post again I did clearly say:

"If you take all of the channels then it'll cost you the same as SKY Sports currently does."

Nonsense
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 20:26   #22
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I pay £5 for Sky Sports 1-4, News, F1 & ESPN on the Sky Sports TV app why would I pay £13 for all that HD nonsense.

Not quite the same though is it watching football on a mobile device , its ok for the odd time when your out and about but I certainly wouldn't like to view it all the time like that.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 22:23   #23
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Skysports 1HD
Skysports 2HD
Skysports 3HD
Skysports 4HD
Skysports F1HD
Skysports News HD

How much would you pay if you didn't have movies?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 00:01   #24
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
How much would you pay if you didn't have movies?
I'm not sure ive always had movies, I think maybe £29? But still worth it.

Ok, I've "researched" and it's £21 to add Skysports to your package, so £5.25 a week or less than 20 fags if you're a smoker or 2 pints if you're a drinker. It really is good value in my opinion. Yes I wish government would make it so no one could by exclusive rights to football F1 or any sports infact. That way we would have 10 channels showing F1 or EPL Football EG Virgin sports, BBC Sports, BT Sports, Talktalk sports etc and it would cost £5 a month.

By the way no one complained when the BBC had exclusive rights to F1.

EDIT AGAIN...............

Instead of costly OFCOM investigations into skys dominance,Why don't they just say in the UK its illegal to sell EXCLUSIVE rights to any content, Movies/Sports/HD/ etc. The companies won't leave the UK or take their content out the UK our market is too big. Someone needs to start a E-petition to ban the exclusive sale of Sports/Movie rights. Problem is solved overnight.

Sky won't pay £2 billion for Football rights if they aren't exclusive, the rights auctions wont get half as much money. Lets face it, we can buy..lets say....I don't know.......Broadband Internet from 30+ providers, so the price is cheap in the UK, But if we could only buy it from BT they would dictate the price.

We can only buy premier league football from BT or Sky next season, but if all football packs were available to all providers then they would give it us free as they would pay much less. You don't have 2 providers paying £3billion, you have 10 providers paying much less.

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post

That is absolutely not an option for me, I have a £4000 projector that I use for Sports/Movies in HD.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:04   #25
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

None of you have realised the following, especially if you are F1 fans.

"The cost of watching F1 on Sky in the UK will rise to £510 per season next month.

On April 9th the Sky F1 channel will become part of the Sky Sports package which costs £21 per month on top of a £21.50 per month Sky subscription (excluding offers), with a minimum 12-month contract.

The F1 channel is currently part of the HD pack which costs £381 per year (discounted to £349.50 at present). Existing Sky customers who receive the F1 channel through the HD pack will continue to do so after the move. According to Sky, 4.5 million subscribers have the HD pack.

Sky is also planning to offer on-demand access to Sky Sports via its Now TV streaming website. This service, which does not require a Sky contract, will offer 24 hours’ access to Sky Sports, including the F1 channel, for £9.99.

Nine of this year’s nineteen races will be shown on free-to-air television in the UK. All the rounds are being shown on Sky."

Now that is DIGUSTING in my mind!
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:49   #26
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

If you have the sports pack..it cost you nothing.

And that is what sky want people to have.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 13:34   #27
Bogof

Well all races are available for free on the BBC, just not live, Although a lot are live. Some of those not live will be on at 4am and other silly times so I guess most will of recorded them any way.

An if you think paying over £500 is worth not waiting an hour for the BBC show then you're silly. Personally I have Skysports any so its no extra cost to me.
Old 09-03-2013, 14:12   #28
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Although a lot are live
If your definition of "a lot" is 50%

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21682493
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 14:16   #29
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post

Depends on what is being discussed. half the queen's fortune..is a lot (my background, anybody with spare £1,000 has a lot of money )

50% of cup of tea...not so much a lot

As to the number of F1 races...I'm guessing a fan would want all...for free...me, 50% is ok..as I tend to fall asleep during most races
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 15:25   #30
Bogof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post

But all are available to watch on the BBC on the day they happen. If your desperate for the missing 50% then subscribe to Skysports 24 hour pass.