Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2 Way Email Sync On Blackberry?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

2 Way Email Sync On Blackberry?

Old 18-07-2011, 11:55   #1
happylad
Inactive

happylad is an unknown quantity at this point
2 Way Email Sync On Blackberry?

I have a Curve 3G on a Virgin Mobile tariff, and would like to clarify something regarding email synchronisation/reconciliation. I have both my ntworld.com and gmail accounts set-up on the BlackBerry and can send and receive mail on both. Also any changes that I make on the BlackBerry are correctly reflected on the mail server; sent messages are saved, read/unread marks are updated and messages that I delete using the "Delete on Mailbox and Handheld" option are also deleted on the mail server.

However, changes in the other direction do not work as (I think) they are supposed to. Messages that I open on a PC are not then marked as read on the BlackBerry, and messages deleted through a PC are not then deleted on the BlackBerry. This is the case on both the ntlworld.com and gmail accounts and happens when using Webmail on the PC or (for the ntlworld account) Outlook 2010 via IMAP.

As far as I can tell, changes made to messages located on the mail server should then synchronise with the BlackBerry at least for the Gmail account if not the ntlworld one, so I wondered if I am correct in thinking this, and whether there is a setting that I have missed to enable this.

My email reconciliation settings are set to Wireless Reconciliation: On, Delete On: Prompt and On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins.

If anybody has any advice on this I'd be very grateful; I spent a couple of hours searching online for an answer yesterday, and I'm still none the wiser.
happylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2011, 10:49   #2
happylad
Inactive

happylad is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2 Way Email Sync On Blackberry?

OK, an update...

It does work (eventually), I had to wait up to 3 days for a gmail message to be removed from the device, but my ntlworld account now synchronises reasonably quickly. I guess that the performance improves the more that it is used, and I wasn't being patient enough to start with. All good now.
happylad is offline   Reply With Quote