Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 08 numbers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

08 numbers

Old 03-06-2010, 16:06   #1
chrisfarquhar
Inactive

Services: vip virgin
chrisfarquhar is an unknown quantity at this point
08 numbers

I've just recieved a text from Virgin mobile ,08 numbers to cost 40P a minute from 28th June . What can one say ,"Robbing B**T**D*
chrisfarquhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2010, 19:13   #2
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: 08 numbers

Erm not really when all other networks apart from 3 charge up to the same price.

Also, I never call 08 numbers from mobiles, I always find an alternative such as:

Saynoto0870.com
Email them instead
Use a landline or payphone
Just not call it and forget about, F-them! They are using an 08 number, what do they care about me as a customer!

T-Mobile:

ALL 08 numbers inlcuding 0500,0800,0808 and 0844 numbers cost 40p per minute. And that has now been rolled out onto most Pay Monthly plans not just Pay As You Go.

Orange:

Charge 35p per minute for calls to the now popular 0871,0872 and 0873 numbers. This will rise soon, they last revised this in 2004! Its now 2010,perfect excuse for them to up the cost. All other 08 numbers cost 25p per minute.

Vodafone:

30p per minute,some plans may vary.

O2:

25p per minute, to call 0500,0800 and 0808 numbers, you need to remove the first 0.

3:

All 08 and 05 numbers including BT 056 numbers currently cost: 15p per minute

Most increases will reflect the plans to cut termination rates,lower roaming rates and 3G improvements. Mobile networks will also introduce a fee for accessing voicemail if it was previously free or else increasing the current fee.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 19:19   #3
looselipsuk
Inactive

Services: XL broadband 60Mb Virgin free TV + Telephone HTC Desire S
looselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to looselipsuk Send a message via Yahoo to looselipsuk

Well I have a Virgin landline XL and get charged an 11p connection charge then 10p a minute to call an 0845 number.
With the large package for BT those calls are free.
looselipsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 20:39   #4
greyfox1974
Inactive

greyfox1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by looselipsuk View Post
Well I have a Virgin landline XL and get charged an 11p connection charge then 10p a minute to call an 0845 number.
With the large package for BT those calls are free.

virgin media do not give a rat arse about us they give us free virgin mobile call's lol i dont knows any 1 with a virgin mobile apart from myself and i have stopped using it
greyfox1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:44   #5
Acidphire21
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media M Telephone, L Broadband, XL TV Sky Sports Package + 2nd Box
Acidphire21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyfox1974 View Post
virgin media do not give a rat arse about us they give us free virgin mobile call's lol i dont knows any 1 with a virgin mobile apart from myself and i have stopped using it
yeah yeah we get it you dont like virgin mobile.

personally i love being able to ring virgin mobiles for free, ive got one bout a dozen or so people i know have them too. so it works out MUCH cheaper in the long run!
Acidphire21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:10   #6
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Actually let's not blame VM for this, the people to blame are the people using the non-geographic 08xx numbers. In today's cellular driven society with no such thing as UK Long Distance there is no excuse for non-geo numbers.

I usually use http://www.saynoto0870.com to find a geographic equivalent and bypass those charges. I would suggest others do the same.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:11   #7
Acidphire21
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media M Telephone, L Broadband, XL TV Sky Sports Package + 2nd Box
Acidphire21 is an unknown quantity at this point

that and i have 0870 on my phone for when im out an about
Acidphire21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 16:13   #8
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
Erm not really when all other networks apart from 3 charge up to the same price.

Also, I never call 08 numbers from mobiles, I always find an alternative such as:

Saynoto0870.com
Email them instead
Use a landline or payphone
Just not call it and forget about, F-them! They are using an 08 number, what do they care about me as a customer!

T-Mobile:

ALL 08 numbers inlcuding 0500,0800,0808 and 0844 numbers cost 40p per minute. And that has now been rolled out onto most Pay Monthly plans not just Pay As You Go.

Orange:

Charge 35p per minute for calls to the now popular 0871,0872 and 0873 numbers. This will rise soon, they last revised this in 2004! Its now 2010,perfect excuse for them to up the cost. All other 08 numbers cost 25p per minute.

Vodafone:

30p per minute,some plans may vary.

O2:

25p per minute, to call 0500,0800 and 0808 numbers, you need to remove the first 0.

3:

All 08 and 05 numbers including BT 056 numbers currently cost: 15p per minute
There are exceptions:

Tesco Mobile Lite 0800, 0844, 0845 & 0870 numbers are standard rate (8ppm). 0871 is 20ppm.

ASDA mobile also charges the same rate for MOST of these numbers.

So it's cheaper to use my mobile instead of my VM landline to call these numbers (excluding 0800 that is).
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 19:52   #9
greyfox1974
Inactive

greyfox1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidphire21 View Post
yeah yeah we get it you dont like virgin mobile.

personally i love being able to ring virgin mobiles for free, ive got one bout a dozen or so people i know have them too. so it works out MUCH cheaper in the long run!

the point i was tryin to make was i dont know any 1 on virgin mobile so for me it's a total waste and for the last 2 weeks or so they been putting me to 1 dept to a other
greyfox1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:10   #10
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Look I dunno why people keep bringing up that BT is better because 0845 and 0870 calls are inclusive.

Have you seen how much they charge for line rental, its more than Virgin Media's even with the free calls to Virgin Mobiles.

And like I said before, 0845 and 0870 numbers are disappearing and businesses are migrating to 0843,0844,0871,0872 and 0873 numbers in some cases 090 numbers to continue getting revenue share. This is just to win back customers. All phone companies will begin to offer cheap or inclusive calls to such numbers eventually.

BT will always make up for there losses and this includes:

1471+3 charging 12p everytime you press 3
Call Connection fee of just over 9p for all chargeable calls
Charging £2.59 for a calling feature
Charging £4 per month for Anonymous Caller Rejection

And when you compare Virgin Media's Talk Weekends plan with BT's offering. You are actually spending more with BT, especially if you have Virgin TV and/or broadband, taking all 3 services from Virgin will save you a packet in the long run and make up for the 0845 and 0870 calls.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:26   #11
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Quote:
the point i was tryin to make was i dont know any 1 on virgin mobile so for me it's a total waste and for the last 2 weeks or so they been putting me to 1 dept to a other
Put this well known saying together

My Shoulder, Chip on, I have a

Just because its not of use to you does not mean its crap or that they don't "give a rats arse". I for instance use it a lot because all my friends have virgin mobile and virgin landlines.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:28   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Put this well known saying together

My Shoulder, Chip on, I have a

I thought it was a mobile.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote