Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-12-2016, 11:23   #1891
KathG
Inactive

Services: Tivo VIP 100
KathG is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Umm put on hold several times. Come back that my monthly fee was going to £113 instead of £94. I said that cannot be correct...I'm on Full House. I Asked if I needed the Hub3. Anyway now I'm waiting for a call back as his system kept throwing errors up.
We did agree that the charges £49.99 plus £14.99 activation fee

Edited

OK got call back, had to remind him about the Hub 3, but it now booked for a noon slot on the 4th January. Now I just need a new Ultra 4K TV ��

Cheers
Kath

Last edited by KathG; 06-12-2016 at 11:39.
KathG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2016, 11:23   #1892
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
You can have VIVID 300 or HomeWorks + up to 300Mbps as am on VIVID 300

That's all I want Is Vivid 300

don't want the homeworks stuff.

But Vivid 300 is not advertised on its own on the website?
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:28   #1893
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

on Virgin Media online chat now

I would love arrange a V6 box for you however the new V6 box is still in the process of been launched so to pre register you can visit this link keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:29   #1894
offmore
cf.member

offmore is an unknown quantity at this point

does you need the hub have to moved for having a v6 box as mine is on a different point of entery and I do have a good wifi signal in next room
I did ask if I could have 2 they said yes but the second one would be £99 and installation £ 40

Last edited by offmore; 06-12-2016 at 11:33. Reason: missed text off
offmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:32   #1895
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
How did they arrive at that price Martin?
[img][/img]
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:50   #1896
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
on Virgin Media online chat now

I would love arrange a V6 box for you however the new V6 box is still in the process of been launched so to pre register you can visit this link keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst
No phone customer relations

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Quote:
Mate it looks like they are charging you £99 for install and crediting Installed, what boxes you getting

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by offmore View Post
does you need the hub have to moved for having a v6 box as mine is on a different point of entery and I do have a good wifi signal in next room
I did ask if I could have 2 they said yes but the second one would be £99 and installation £ 40
Hi they are mixed up, ask to speak a manager, it took 4 phone calls

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Virgin are referring to old TiVo, this is a promotional price.
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:51   #1897
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post

Mate it looks like they are charging you £99 for install and crediting Installed, what boxes you getting
2 x V6's
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:58   #1898
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
2 x V6's
Well because of the 6.50 billing correction it seems totally correct, but are you keeping old v box. It says you package up by £2
Old 06-12-2016, 11:58   #1899
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Well mine are ordered 2x v6 at a cost of £64.99 No install charge only thing is got a install date of 2nd Feb but says that will be brought fwd
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:06   #1900
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by markliffen@googl View Post
Well mine are ordered 2x v6 at a cost of £64.99 No install charge only thing is got a install date of 2nd Feb but says that will be brought fwd
Double check that, that's the price for 1
Old 06-12-2016, 12:13   #1901
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Just checked that's 2 v6 with one having a code so that's it's free
Old 06-12-2016, 12:25   #1902
jonandmarkuk
Inactive

Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500), Yamaha RXV777, Full House TV, 200Mb, 2 VM v6 Tivos, Slingbox.
jonandmarkuk is on a distinguished roadjonandmarkuk is on a distinguished road

So what was the purpose of registering interest if you then have to ring up and order it anyway?
When other people have been offered the new v6 boxes for free I'm not about to rush and ring Virgin to give them money for something I 'may' get for free.
jonandmarkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:30   #1903
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Yep same here, 2 V6 boxes for £64.94
Installation date not until Feb though :-( booo lol

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandmarkuk View Post
So what was the purpose of registering interest if you then have to ring up and order it anyway?
When other people have been offered the new v6 boxes for free I'm not about to rush and ring Virgin to give them money for something I 'may' get for free.
I think having two V6s installed for £65, I must have got something free as they should be £50 each plus £15 installation. Always worth talking to them
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:31   #1904
MisterQ

Sounds like they are now charging people for the upgrade AND cancelling any loyalty discounts at the same time. I strongly suggest people check their forthcoming bills extremely closely if they want to be a part of this shambles. I would have suggested making a note of the person you speak to and made detailed notes/record the conversation but with VM it doesn't seem to matter as they seem happy to tell you anything and then charge differently down the line. I know from personal experience that they can agree an offer with you and then "change their mind" (their words, not mine) and charge whatever they like without letting you know and there is no comeback. Registering a complaint and asking it to be escalated for someone to call you back, just gets ignored, in my experience.

Seems like they are giving the tablets away for free to new customers, maybe they have realized there is no market for a 14" tablet (with VM restricted old version of android) when you can get much bigger tv's with android built in for the apps (for much less cost) - does TubbyTablet even have the means to remotely change volume/channel?

Last edited by MisterQ; 06-12-2016 at 12:37.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:33   #1905
markliffen@googl
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Yep same here, 2 V6 boxes for £64.94
Installation date not until Feb though :-( booo lol

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

I think having two V6s installed for £65, I must have got something free as they should be £50 each plus £15 installation. Always worth talking to them
Thank God for that I've just spoken to 2x different people to check there was 2x v6 on order for 64.99 glad someone else is getting the same was beginning to think something was up with the order