Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 13-09-2012, 13:53   #76
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
BT acquiring Virginmedia would make it interesting

if it was allowed.
From by earlier dealings with BT ( many moons ago) that sound like frying pan & fire. To me . Still as posted before I will look at all options. However that would be interesting. I guess a lot of savings could come out off such a move. If allowed
Old 13-09-2012, 13:55   #77
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
BT acquiring Virginmedia would make it interesting

if it was allowed.
That's not going to happen in a million years.
Old 13-09-2012, 14:28   #78
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

Why ? regulator? .
Old 13-09-2012, 14:34   #79
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Why ? regulator? .
Yes defintely.
Old 13-09-2012, 14:44   #80
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Here is an interesting article in The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...by-rights.html
Exactly as I said there looking to entice new and existing customers to take triple play it's amazing they currently only have 12% , I guess they see the TV as the weak link currently.

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.
Quote:
Why ? regulator? .
Because they'd have a monopoly on phonelines and BB.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 14:55   #81
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Yes defintely.
If BT opened the cable telephone lines (as its are) . Do you not think that would allow such a take over. Its not as if BT are a big TV provider.
Really not too sure that Virgin a such a "big" player in the telecoms field.

Not sure I would want or like such a move ,however it does sort of make sense from a business point of view. Given the right terms

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Exactly as I said there looking to entice new and existing customers to take triple play it's amazing they currently only have 12% , I guess they see the TV as the weak link currently.

Couldn't agree more.

Because they'd have a monopoly on phonelines and BB.
On the hardware yes - but so are Electric cables , gas & water pipes. That does not worry anyone In fact in the case of water it the BIGGEST monopoly there is in this country and its a product that means life or death. I understand that for some here so is Virgin but
Old 14-09-2012, 11:26   #82
one2escape
Inactive

one2escape is an unknown quantity at this point

I said at the time that Virgin selling their channels to Sky that it was a risky move. We are moving from the fastest is the best to where content is king. BT know this and moving this way.
one2escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 12:59   #83
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2escape View Post
I said at the time that Virgin selling their channels to Sky that it was a risky move. We are moving from the fastest is the best to where content is king. BT know this and moving this way.
I will hold off chasing new contract to see whats on offer " coming soon" no doubt
Old 14-09-2012, 13:11   #84
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I will hold off chasing new contract to see whats on offer " coming soon" no doubt
Just remember that the grass is not always greener on the other side Itshim as some people have found to their costs.
Old 14-09-2012, 13:54   #85
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Just remember that the grass is not always greener on the other side Itshim as some people have found to their costs.
Did not think it was , Its cost + content + delivery. That why I said I will look.

Last time I did I got bribed with a "free" TiVo & a cost reduction .

You`ve got to look or you get screwed. Hi perhaps you like it
Old 14-09-2012, 14:22   #86
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Did not think it was , Its cost + content + delivery. That why I said I will look.

Last time I did I got bribed with a "free" TiVo & a cost reduction .

You`ve got to look or you get screwed. Hi perhaps you like it
Den will accept anything from Virgin
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 14:52   #87
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Den will accept anything from Virgin
Oh my oh my the masters fanboys are being very naughty today.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

BT in ESPN talks.

Quote:
BT Vision, having just bought ESPN's English club rugby content as well as their French club rugby rights, are understood to be in talks with the Disney-owned network over taking even more of what's left of their sports portfolio. BT, building a sports channel around their 38 games a season of Premier League football, have also poached highly rated football producer Stephen Cook from ESPN, whose UK operation is doomed.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...#ixzz26S25zL62
Old 14-09-2012, 15:06   #88
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Oh my oh my the masters fanboys are being very naughty today.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

BT in ESPN talks.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...#ixzz26S25zL62
did not take you for a reader of The Daily Mail
BT gets more interesting by the day
Old 14-09-2012, 15:09   #89
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
did not take you for a reader of The Daily Mail
BT gets more interesting by the day
No l am more a Guardian man myself but yes its becoming rather ominous for ESPN..
Old 14-09-2012, 16:26   #90
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Whilst they may have massive cash reserves they have already commited themselves to almost £900 million on TV rights. They could easily spend this again trying to land further rights.

I just can't see BT landing enough new customers to recoup their investment, even in the long term.
This video was added to YT in April 11 , what do you make of it

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1700313
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote