Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2017, 15:42   #361
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Not sure what you mean by that.
I mean, Sky get the Discovery channels back in exchange for Sky Atlantic!

I know....!
Advertisement
Old 27-01-2017, 15:44   #362
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

I know....!
You ain't serious are you OB?.
Old 27-01-2017, 15:50   #363
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You ain't serious are you OB?.
Hence, my last couple of words, Den, but never say never!
Old 27-01-2017, 15:51   #364
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

I know....!
Yeah vm are going to get all wwe ppv events plus boxing, sky cinema and sports including ultra hd included in their M pack as part of the deal too.
Old 27-01-2017, 15:53   #365
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Yeah vm are going to get all wwe ppv events plus boxing, sky cinema and sports including ultra hd included in their M pack as part of the deal too.
Ha, ha, didn't think of that!
Old 27-01-2017, 16:03   #366
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Ha, ha, didn't think of that!
At least you knew my post was in jest mate

Regarding the discovery fiasco vm seem to having a lot of fun on twitter with it all https://twitter.com/SkyHelpTeam/stat...92532202401792
Not doing themselves any favours with Sky are they 2019 isn't really that far away vm may be digging their own grave.
Old 27-01-2017, 16:17   #367
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Really?.
Old 27-01-2017, 16:36   #368
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Really?.
Keep your head in the sand bud this is the beginning of a very messy fight.
Old 27-01-2017, 16:40   #369
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Keep your head in the sand bud this is the beginning of a very messy fight.
You stated that Virgin are not doing themselves any favours with Sky and that Virgin might be digging their own grave which is absolute codswallop in both cases.

Last edited by denphone; 27-01-2017 at 16:46. Reason: Adding words.
Old 27-01-2017, 16:43   #370
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
At least you knew my post was in jest mate

Regarding the discovery fiasco vm seem to having a lot of fun on twitter with it all https://twitter.com/SkyHelpTeam/stat...92532202401792
Not doing themselves any favours with Sky are they 2019 isn't really that far away vm may be digging their own grave.
VM appear to be responding directly to people showing an interest in switching. Seems a pretty acceptable business practice, can't see sky going in the huff over it. Be different if they were all over the Sky forums but it's twitter.
Old 27-01-2017, 16:45   #371
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
VM appear to be responding directly to people showing an interest in switching. Seems a pretty acceptable business practice, can't see sky going in the huff over it. Be different if they were all over the Sky forums but it's twitter.
This is SKY we're talking about here.

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Quote:
You stated that Virgin are not doing themselves any favours with Sky and that Virgin might be digging their own grave which is absolute codswallop.
Ofcourse i forget you are the all knowing genie my apologies sir genie.
However on the plus side it is nice seeing someone give SKY a bloody nose, maybe more will follow.

Last edited by theone2k10; 27-01-2017 at 16:49.
Old 27-01-2017, 23:57   #372
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

If Discovery are pulling their channels off Sky, I wouldn't rule out the likes of Viacom and other US companies demanding higher prices. After 1/2/17, I could see a further exodus if TV companies get their own way.

More good news for VM!
Old 28-01-2017, 00:12   #373
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
If Discovery are pulling their channels off Sky, I wouldn't rule out the likes of Viacom and other US companies demanding higher prices. After 1/2/17, I could see a further exodus if TV companies get their own way.

More good news for VM!
These suppliers would then ask VM for increases too and guess who ends up paying?
Old 28-01-2017, 01:32   #374
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
These suppliers would then ask VM for increases too and guess who ends up paying?
It starts with one then others jump on the bandwagon the companies would ask sky,vm,bt etc for more money and that money must be recouped somehow and ultimately it is the consumer who ends up paying.
As much as i find it funny SKY getting a bloody nose i still applaud them for not giving in to greedy Malones demands.
Despite getting accused of speaking codswallop by our resident genie i stand by what i said SKY will retaliate and VM will be at the forefront of the retaliation due to vms behaviour in this, yes by all means drum up custom but given the circumstances vm could of just put a pinned post on their social media pages saying "Discovery and Eurosport will be available on virgin media" rather than childishly jumping on tweets to skyhelpteam and bragging that discovery will be on vm, it makes vm stoop to SKY and discoverys pathetic level.
Then again since LG took over VM they have got quite childish, maybe SKY should go crying to ofcom now afterall Malones vm would if it was sky threatening toremove channels.
SKY and vm are as bad as each other, Dicover are being very childish too telling people to contact SKY to keep discovery this creates issues for genuine concerns aka technical issues or customers needing to phone SKY for real reasons.
All 3 sky,vm and discovery need to grow up.
Old 28-01-2017, 07:07   #375
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
This is SKY we're talking about here.

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Ofcourse i forget you are the all knowing genie my apologies sir genie.
However on the plus side it is nice seeing someone give SKY a bloody nose, maybe more will follow.
If l was back in school l would be known as the dunce of the school as there are many many on here who are far more knowledgeable then l Sir.