Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 28-06-2017, 21:46   #1876
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Just installed the latest Windows 10 update 2017-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022716).

After every time i open Google Chrome it crashes Chrome and closes it, tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and exactly the same thing happens.

If i remove that Windows update Chrome works as normal, has anyone else experienced this?
Old 28-06-2017, 21:55   #1877
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

Services: Broadband 200mg digital tv .XL Tv package : Phone . win 10 win XP (Favourite)
gulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about them

not heard anything on that but could be MS Again as i saw in Magazine today KAPERSKY Company having problems with MS Trying to stop its use. seems MS Want to take over the world .
gulf4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 22:12   #1878
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulf4uk View Post
not heard anything on that but could be MS Again as i saw in Magazine today KAPERSKY Company having problems with MS Trying to stop its use. seems MS Want to take over the world .
I'm sure this has probably got nothing to do with Windows 10 and it's shortcomings but interesting to note that some of Kaspersky's employees in the US have been spoken to by the FBI to clarify how they operate at base. There are many who view their operation with a great deal of suspicion.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ky-lab-n777571
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 23:01   #1879
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Just installed the latest Windows 10 update 2017-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022716).

After every time i open Google Chrome it crashes Chrome and closes it, tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and exactly the same thing happens.

If i remove that Windows update Chrome works as normal, has anyone else experienced this?
chrome works fine here after update you up to date with chrome
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 09:51   #1880
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My latest update is KB4022725 on a HP PC and the same thing happens excep tafter chrome goes unresponsive I can close it down and when it starts up it works OK (most times). On my Acer laptop (running the same update ) it works properly all the time.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 09:53   #1881
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Think i will try removing chrome profiles from windows do the update and see if it still goes tits up.
Old 29-06-2017, 22:00   #1882
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Comodo is the cause after installing KB4022716.

https://forums.comodo.com/news-annou...t119928.0.html
Old 01-07-2017, 22:16   #1883
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Not sure if I should post this here or make a new thread. I have Win 10 installed over the original Win 7 Pro.

Not had many problems and have used a Samsung external drive for backups. now being told that drive is full so tried to install a 1TB drive in place of the Samsung. I was able to manually do a full backup and system image to the new drive but am now getting messages that Windows can't find drive etc.

If I try to manually force a backup it will not do it and formatting and re using the Samsung drive is now doing the same.

Can anyone recommend backup software using an external hard drive that works better than the Windows 7/10 mash up?

Jim.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 23:29   #1884
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Macrium Reflect Free Edition is said to be a good choice.

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 23:31   #1885
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Thanks, will have a look at that, Acronis gets reasonably decent reviews as well.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:09   #1886
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Comodo is the cause after installing KB4022716.

https://forums.comodo.com/news-annou...t119928.0.html
Windows update KB4022716 has now been pulled from Windows Update and is not being offered any longer.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:47   #1887
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Oh dear. I manually installed KB4022716 last week. Not had any problems so far so I guess I have been lucky.

Found a link that lists the problem areas. http://windowsreport.com/kb4022716-issues/

What do you guys think. Am I OK keeping the update or is it lulling me into a false sense of security before whacking me when I least expect it, should I consider uninstalling it now whilst I can?
Old 02-07-2017, 12:58   #1888
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Oh dear. I manually installed KB4022716 last week. Not had any problems so far so I guess I have been lucky.

Found a link that lists the problem areas. http://windowsreport.com/kb4022716-issues/

What do you guys think. Am I OK keeping the update or is it lulling me into a false sense of security before whacking me when I least expect it, should I consider uninstalling it now whilst I can?
The reason the update gave me issues was because of Comodo Firewall, i had to use system restore to get the PC usable again.

You could always uninstall the update or just hang in there if you think you don't see any issues, just make a new system restore point before you do it incase it doesn't create its own.
Old 02-07-2017, 13:11   #1889
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Cheers SnoopZ. I will make a new system restore point then see what happens.
Old 20-07-2017, 21:12   #1890
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

Services: Broadband 200mg digital tv .XL Tv package : Phone . win 10 win XP (Favourite)
gulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about them

Taken the plunge and added a windows 10 pro base to my set up still keeping the windows 10 laptop . optiflex 780 8gig ram 1tb drive . Runs lovely and few
problems that not caused much grief. but few windows moans

MAIN ONES
Windows updates Resets all passwords and Map settings so I have to re enter .
The EMAIL programme total Rubbish installed Thunderbird that runs ok.
Language kept resetting to ENGLISH US And time to US Time its settled down
now but Google still says English US

So far have not been offered the creators edition.

Google driving me mad keeps asking me to install Chrome no chance of that rubbish.

never had this with my Laptop on windows 10 although I keep getting allegedly from
MS To review and update my Security settings as new upgrade coming ?
ignored cos there set properly. If not broken don't Fix it

there's also a bit of a do going on with malware bytes and advanced sys care I keep getting messages about PUPS .So keep eye on that.
gulf4uk is offline   Reply With Quote