Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

Old 03-11-2010, 13:58   #61
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

The way I read it, you have the single cable feed into the house. Your broadband has it's own modem. The STB (TiVo) has it's own modem. This for Cable TV and brooadband users the status quo in terms of cables within your house will not change. The street cable is split with a feed to your STB and a separate feed to the broadband modem. They won't be going back to the days of some ntl areas where the STB could also be the broadband modem.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2010, 13:58   #62
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Ah yes, forgot about that as have separate broadband feed so didn’t think what is there now in the box.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 14:43   #63
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds perfect. Everything to make me come back to VM from Sky. But why release a PR and not have prices available? 'In Due Course' - seriously? Is that like 'Coming Soon'?
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 14:58   #64
bamav
cf.addict

Services: VM L TV powered by TiVo, 30MB BB, Sky Sports, Phone L, Freeview.
bamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to all

I agree! VM are such teases!!
bamav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 16:39   #65
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Pea-Pod is on a distinguished roadPea-Pod is on a distinguished road

Will you be able to remotely transfer tv programmes from the Tivo STB to an handheld device to watch during the commute to work or share with other people?
Pea-Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 16:46   #66
indie1982
Inactive

Services: M Phone, XL BB, XL TV and 2 SA V+
indie1982 will become famous soon enoughindie1982 will become famous soon enoughindie1982 will become famous soon enough

As long as the box supports the full TiVo feature set we should be able to use TiVo Desktop to transfer content to a PC or Mac, TiVo Desktop Plus for Windows lets you transfer to a mobile device but it's a paid upgrade.

https://www3.tivo.com/store/accessories-software.do
indie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 16:46   #67
ShaneC
cf.addict

ShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalis View Post
If I had a bit I'd be chomping on it to get this box to replace my SA V+. If my box is anything to go by I'd imagine there are quite a few people who will think the same way.
Same here, love the V+ service, hate the slow SA box
ShaneC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 17:32   #68
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Checked out the TIVO web site, very neat box with some nice accessories. Bring it on!
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 17:35   #69
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
The way I read it, you have the single cable feed into the house. Your broadband has it's own modem. The STB (TiVo) has it's own modem. This for Cable TV and brooadband users the status quo in terms of cables within your house will not change. The street cable is split with a feed to your STB and a separate feed to the broadband modem. They won't be going back to the days of some ntl areas where the STB could also be the broadband modem.
I wouldn't be so sure it won't ever go back to that, I have seen lots of cablecos wanting to offer a all-in-one box solution to their customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie1982 View Post
As long as the box supports the full TiVo feature set we should be able to use TiVo Desktop to transfer content to a PC or Mac, TiVo Desktop Plus for Windows lets you transfer to a mobile device but it's a paid upgrade.

https://www3.tivo.com/store/accessories-software.do
My understanding is a lot of the features won't be ready until next summer, ie watching/transferring content between tv's, pcs or mobile devices, but perhaps I've understand it all wrong if it's launching in a few weeks!
Old 03-11-2010, 20:50   #70
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
My understanding is a lot of the features won't be ready until next summer, ie watching/transferring content between tv's, pcs or mobile devices, but perhaps I've understand it all wrong if it's launching in a few weeks!
You mean, In Due Course, don't you?
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 21:48   #71
Jameseh

I don't see Virgin offering recording transfers, but I'd love to see it.
Old 03-11-2010, 22:19   #72
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Wish they'd given a date. Got a VIP50 install booked and I'd hold off on it if it was close to launch.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 14:37   #73
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I don't see Virgin offering recording transfers, but I'd love to see it.
It's coming - check out the latest posts on the VMHD blog (and thanks to Media Boy for the info)
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 15:04   #74
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
It's coming - check out the latest posts on the VMHD blog (and thanks to Media Boy for the info)
Hey thanks for that nialli. Just a thought that if the boxes are going out on trial ( to staff only ) and the boxes coming soon, it should not be long before we see the new user interface
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 15:18   #75
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

re your

Wouldn't you rather that internal customers found the glitches before the Tivo boxes were generally released?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote