Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

upgrading stb box to v+ box on vip 50

Old 06-11-2010, 10:44   #1
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
upgrading stb box to v+ box on vip 50

i asked the twitter team how much it be to change my standard box to a v+ box on a vip 50 package got quoted £49 activation fee + £20 for self install then i ring up this morning to do this got quoted the sames then few seconds later the woman said because you already got a V+ the it would cost £99 for the second one then £20 for self install surely it £49 is coirrect very very disappointed
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2010, 11:08   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: upgrading stb box to v+ box on vip 50

I think the advice you have been given is wrong both times!

VIP is the key information. Charging for V+ on VIP is different than non-VIP.

To replace an existing V box with a V+ on VIP would be an installation charge, either £20 self-install or £40 for engineer install. This is a one-off charge.

There would then be an additional £10 per month charge for the extra V+.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:32   #3
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I think the advice you have been given is wrong both times!

VIP is the key information. Charging for V+ on VIP is different than non-VIP.

To replace an existing V box with a V+ on VIP would be an installation charge, either £20 self-install or £40 for engineer install. This is a one-off charge.

There would then be an additional £10 per month charge for the extra V+.
just rang again said £99 for box then £20 for self install then extra £10 a month so not be doing it was so looking forward to hd in bedroom too very very disappointed
Old 06-11-2010, 12:36   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The £99 certainly shouldn't be charged
Old 06-11-2010, 12:41   #5
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
they insisted it was if was only extra £10 a month with self install and without the £99 i would have did it was so looking forward to having another v+ box too
Old 06-11-2010, 18:58   #6
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
just rang again said £99 for box then £20 for self install then extra £10 a month so not be doing it was so looking forward to hd in bedroom too very very disappointed
You have been given the wrong information for the third time!!!!

Ben, is there anything you can do internally to stop your colleagues giving out the wrong information? This is potentially ruining Virgin Media's business with the poor quality of service given on basic information such as pricing.
Old 07-11-2010, 22:00   #7
LFC Scouser
Gigabyte Greed

Services: 2 x V6 Box, VIP Bundle, M600, etc.
LFC Scouser is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I think tht happend to me and my family too .....
LFC Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:42   #8
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC Scouser View Post
Well I think tht happend to me and my family too .....
...but are you a VIP customer?
Old 10-11-2010, 20:43   #9
LFC Scouser
Gigabyte Greed

Services: 2 x V6 Box, VIP Bundle, M600, etc.
LFC Scouser is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep...
LFC Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 13:07   #10
Dave42
cf.mega poster

i upgraded standard box to v+ now got it installed yesterday