Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 19:55   #2071
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I'm still not convinced ITV2 HD will be launching soon on Virgin due to various statements made on the ITV website:

"ITV2 HD is available exclusively on Sky. So if you haven’t got it already, go and get it now."

"ITV2 HD is currently only available on Sky and you need to be a Sky+HD customer. You can find out more about Sky+HD and sign up here."

"Currently ITV2 HD is only available to Sky+HD customers in the UK."

"Make sure you’re subscribed or connected to an HD service such as Sky+HD, Virgin Media or Freeview HD. Please note that currently ITV2 HD is only available to Sky+HD customers in the UK."

Here's a link to the ITV site:

http://www.itv.com/channels/itv2/itv2shows/itv2hd/

Also note ITV provide a link to the SKY website so you can sign up and receive ITV2 HD.

Did Five have so much pro-SKY info on their website when FiveHD was launching?

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

Thank you

Yeah thanks Big Red, for making me look like a [Mod edit: Inappropriate language removed]

Now the Mrs. will be subjecting me to Vampire Diaries in HD
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2010, 19:58   #2072
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Who knows what ITV are doing these days Muppetman, they seem to be trying to squeeze every penny out of their business model. By putting the new HD channels behind a pay wall, I don't thing Freeview or Freesat viewers will ever get access.
Freeview wouldn't be able to show ITV 2, 3 and 4 in HD anyway, due to lack of bandwidth.

FreeSat, in theory, has the bandwidth, but, AFAIK, the satellite beam isn't focused tightly enough on the UK, which would allow people outside the UK to watch FreeSat - something which content rights owners wouldn't be happy with. I think this is the reason why the likes of C4 HD hasn't appeared on FreeSat yet.
Old 02-10-2010, 20:02   #2073
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
Coming Soon - ITV2 HD to launch 7th Oct.

Deal also includes ITV3&4 HD which will launch Late Oct/Early Nov.

Note the exclusive deal is exclusive to Sky amoung satellite platforms and not ALL Platforms.

No news on Channel Numbers but ITV2 could move to 114 and ITV2HD on 115
Is this defo Big Red ? Any news on ESPNA HD and Hallmark HD in October ?
Old 02-10-2010, 20:03   #2074
Big Red
Inactive

Services: VIP50
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Is this defo Big Red ? Any news on ESPNA HD and Hallmark HD in October ?
Nothing Yet on Dates but there coming.
Old 02-10-2010, 20:04   #2075
HDFootyMan
Inactive

HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yes thats what I have being told - No doubt press release will follow early next week/nearer launch date.

Its also believed that BT have also signed
For 3 additional HD channels? Where's the freeview bandwidth for them coming from?

(Not that anyone on here should really care because if Virgin are getting them, then.......where's the smiley for 'girlish scream of excitement'??? )
Old 02-10-2010, 20:08   #2076
Big Red
Inactive

Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
For 3 additional HD channels? Where's the freeview bandwidth for them coming from?

(Not that anyone on here should really care because if Virgin are getting them, then.......where's the smiley for 'girlish scream of excitement'??? )
Not sure but I'm not sure on the BT deal - this was news to me, it could be ITV HD On Demand all I know but to be honest dont really care what BT have or dont have.

All I know is VM have got the ITV HD channels.
Old 02-10-2010, 20:16   #2077
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Quote:
Not sure but I'm not sure on the BT deal - this was news to me, it could be ITV HD On Demand all I know but to be honest dont really care what BT have or dont have.
Fair enough, I was curious but as you say, the important thing is that VM have them.

That's what, 19 channels now on XL? The poor old HDTV light on my V+ HD must be wondering 'what the frack is going on? I'm ON all the bloody time now! I wasn't a year ago!'
Old 02-10-2010, 20:30   #2078
Big Red
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
Fair enough, I was curious but as you say, the important thing is that VM have them.

That's what, 19 channels now on XL? The poor old HDTV light on my V+ HD must be wondering 'what the frack is going on? I'm ON all the bloody time now! I wasn't a year ago!'
So

ITV2 HD - 7th Oct
Universal HD - Oct
BBC1 HD, ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD - Nov
Sky Arts 1 HD, Sky Arts 2 HD and ESPN America HD - Before End of Year
History HD and Nat Geo Wild HD - In Negotiations
Eden and Good Food HD - Negotiations to Start Next Year

Another 12 HD Channels not bad, just need a new V+ Box, I think TiVo will just come in time.
Old 02-10-2010, 20:38   #2079
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
So

ITV2 HD - 7th Oct
Universal HD - Oct
BBC1 HD, ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD - Nov
Sky Arts 1 HD, Sky Arts 2 HD and ESPN America HD - Before End of Year
History HD and Nat Geo Wild HD - In Negotiations
Eden and Good Food HD - Negotiations to Start Next Year

Another 12 HD Channels not bad, just need a new V+ Box, I think TiVo will just come in time.

Agreed just hope the Tivo isn't to pricey , my box seems to be getting to critical to often now and if ESPNA HD arrives it will go into Meltdown LOL
Old 02-10-2010, 20:38   #2080
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Brilliant, glad I got to break the news first.
Old 02-10-2010, 20:40   #2081
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

This is great news as I'm planning on replacing my 28" CRT with a nice 40" Full HD LCD when I get my first pay packet.
Old 02-10-2010, 20:44   #2082
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMediaPhil View Post
Brilliant, glad I got to break the news first.
Sorry bud, you got beat to it earlier today:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...2-hd-test.html
Old 02-10-2010, 20:48   #2083
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Actually my uncle AdamCrozier told me 2 days ago honest LOL
Old 02-10-2010, 20:54   #2084
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Actually my uncle AdamCrozier told me 2 days ago honest LOL
Next time you see him, ask when we'll get ITV HD catch-up
Old 02-10-2010, 20:58   #2085
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:

He said ask his PA Big Red LOL
Closed Thread