Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Cable land line and corded hand set power cuts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

VM Cable land line and corded hand set power cuts

Old 21-09-2010, 20:48   #1
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
VM Cable land line and corded hand set power cuts

I have Virgin fixed land line and we had a power cut in our area and I found that even my corded phones did not work.
We are told that we should always have a corded phone just in case of
a power cut sob so a emergency call can be made, but this does not seem to be the case with Virgin land lines.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2010, 20:59   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: VM Cable land line and corded hand set power cuts

I thought the telephone lines were backed up by batteries?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2010, 21:03   #3
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
I thought so, maybe the backup battery in the Virgin cab that our phones are from are not working or nthe charge circuit to the batteries is faulty.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2010, 21:31   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

There is a shortage of batteries at the mo
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2010, 22:00   #5
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: VM Cable land line and corded hand set power cuts

All the mux cabs have battery back up its a huge job to test and change batteries its never ending .And as jb66 says its bloody hard to get them so sometimes they fail .But someone will turn up and supply back up power to the cab
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2010, 02:23   #6
SideWeaver
Inactive

Services: VIP 50MB Bundle + Extra V+ Box
SideWeaver is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Sorry but I didn't know that, I kinda wondered when I was a kid how they still worked. (Honest).

However it does make sense when it comes to an emergency etc.
SideWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote