Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY launch VIP loyalty scheme

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

SKY launch VIP loyalty scheme

Old 25-05-2017, 21:25   #1
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
SKY launch VIP loyalty scheme

Just received an e-mail from SKY inviting me to join their loyalty scheme. Here is a copy of the text from their e-mail:

"We would like to thank you for being a Sky customer by inviting you to be one of the first to join Sky VIP - our new loyalty programme.

Enjoy a Buy & Keep movie on us
When you join, there’ll be a Welcome Gift waiting for you to enjoy - a Buy & Keep movie worth up to £13.99.

Coming this summer - your exclusive rewards
You’ll have access to exclusive money-can’t-buy experiences and free tickets to events across the country. And that’s just the start. We’ll be in touch to let you know when all your rewards are ready.

You’re one of the first to be invited. So friends and family might not be able join just yet but, if they download the My Sky app, they’ll be the first to know when they can.

Be first to join our new loyalty programme - Sky VIP

Just go to your My Sky app and tap the Sky VIP button to join. Don’t worry if you can’t see it, you may have to update the app at your app store. It shouldn’t take long."

So I watched a video on my app which was pretty interesting. There are different levels of VIP.

0-3 years - Silver
3-8 years - Gold
8-15 years - Platinum
15+ years - Ultimate Black

Each level of VIP status gives you different rewards. When I accessed the VIP section it explained what rewards each level will receive. There was also a video to watch. Unfortunately after this I couldn't go back to double check the info. What I can remember is:

Free tickets to various events, exclusive TV shows before they are broadcast, what appeared to be the suggestion of free SKY multi screen, people on high level VIP status will pay less for their package etc...

All good. I'm Gold VIP. Just claimed my free movie. Rogue One
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-05-2017, 22:17   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: SKY launch VIP loyalty scheme

What if you dont use their app ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 00:10   #3
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
What if you dont use their app ?
You'll get an e-mail from them advising you can join VIP. You must have the app to sign up. No app, no VIP.

No idea if this is true but seen comments online to suggest only 300,000 people invited to join at this stage.
Old 26-05-2017, 19:38   #4
Nsewell
Inactive

Nsewell is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
No idea if this is true but seen comments online to suggest only 300,000 people invited to join at this stage.
That's correct, it's in order to trial the service before launching it for everyone later in the summer.
Nsewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 19:49   #5
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Got our invite today too.

Cheers

Dave
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 11:30   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Joined yesterday. Picked T2 Trainspotting as my free movie.

I'm only silver.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:00   #7
Chad
cf.mega poster

First hint of the new loyalty scheme?

Currently I pay £2.50 per month for SKY Go Extra (standard price £5.00 per month) Noticed on my up coming bills for the next 3 months that my bill has dropped by £2.50 per month and SKY Go Extra is marked as free. This fits in with the video I watched. £30 annual saving is not bad. It'll be £60 for those who currently pay £5.00 per month.

I think those on Platinum and Black VIP status might get some pleasant surprises.

It's looking promising.
Old 04-06-2017, 17:34   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I wonder if this will replace the massive discounts that they currently give to gain/keep customers?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 18:07   #9
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
No app, no VIP.
They wont get any "loyalty" from me then, if they cannot cater for this on a proper web site.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 18:14   #10
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I wonder if this will replace the massive discounts that they currently give to gain/keep customers?
It's a real possibility. My deal still has around 52 months to run so I won't have to worry about it until October 2021. Who knows what the broadcast landscape will look like by then?