Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Hub & TB graph

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky Hub & TB graph

Old 10-04-2017, 22:48   #1
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Blairhoyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky Hub & TB graph

Hey guys just wondering if someone can help.

been trying to access the Sky router because i don't think my TB graph is getting monitored

I rebooted it an hour ago and it doesn't mark up in red.

tried to access the Sky hub but its asking for the username and password to change settings.

is there a generic username and password? I tried the usual one's but for the life of me I can't remember if I changed it or how!
Blairhoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2017, 23:57   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Sky Hub & TB graph

Depends on the timing of your reboot if it will show or not.

If you've forgotten your user name or password then just do a pinhole reset which willput it back to default settings. Default user name and passwrod are on a sticker at the back of the router (or perhaps underneath). There should be a removeable card with all the info on too.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 00:07   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Is your TBB looking at the correct IP?
Old 11-04-2017, 00:17   #4
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Is your TBB looking at the correct IP?
yes mate
Old 11-04-2017, 00:19   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Try starting a new TBB anyway.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:05   #6
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Quote:
Try starting a new TBB anyway.
tried that mate it looks like its not bringing up the IP address on the graph, just some random long list of numbers and letters.

also noticed that IP coming up on the Q box is different from the other graph I posted above.

This is the newest one

My Broadband Ping

I'm trying to create another graph and this time manually typing in my IP address and the message says "this IP address is private"

I have also hit reset on the back on the Hub and everything has stayed the same.

Last edited by Blairhoyle; 11-04-2017 at 09:29.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:40   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Damn no idea then, sorry.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:50   #8
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairhoyle View Post
tried that mate it looks like its not bringing up the IP address on the graph, just some random long list of numbers and letters.
The graph posted on forums does not have your IP# on it to protect you from possible attacks. Your IP only shows on the graph at thinkbroadband.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:58   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

You also need to make sure your router allows ICMP ping as that is usually why the graph is 100% red.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:53   #10
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
The graph posted on forums does not have your IP# on it to protect you from possible attacks. Your IP only shows on the graph at thinkbroadband.
Yes but when I go to create one its doesn't show the IP address to me. For example the one that used from the start shows me the IP address, when I went to create another one it doesn't show me it.

Quote:
You also need to make sure your router allows ICMP ping as that is usually why the graph is 100% red.
I can't log into the router mate to have a look at the ICMP.

it asks for a username and password, I don't know what that username and password is and don't know how or can't change reset the password.

I tried pressing the reset button at the back and its still not solving the issue.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:14   #11
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Have you tried this got from google?

Username - admin
Password - sky

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadban...d/td-p/2318693
Old 11-04-2017, 12:37   #12
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Quote:
Have you tried this got from google?

Username - admin
Password - sky

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadban...d/td-p/2318693
didn't know Sky was the password.

just thought it was password. will try that later.

cheers for that, will report back.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:51   #13
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Obviously it all depends what model of hub you have so check the label then you can google the answer if you need to.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

http://setuprouter.com/router/bskyb/sky-hub/login.htm
Old 11-04-2017, 13:12   #14
Blairhoyle
Inactive

its one of those Sky Hub routers
Old 11-04-2017, 13:17   #15
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairhoyle View Post
its one of those Sky Hub routers
As long as the model number is the same you should find the password as there will be more than 1 sky hub router of course.

Lets us know how you get on.