Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

Old 11-09-2016, 00:47   #61
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice
Re: Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Am I right in saying that the HD variants of 1-5 are all over the place too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
That's down to regulation at the moment nothing to do with Sky.

102 is BBC 2 HD
105 is C5 HD
In Scotland:
101 is BBC1 HD
102 is BBC2 Scotland SD - BBC2 HD UK is 115.
103 is STV HD
104 is CH4 SD - HD is 227.
105 is CH5 HD.

In terms of niggles. I like to download things in SD due to slow BB but use HD if recording off TV which I have set in the preferences but this means that all the recordings suggested off-air are SD too. Now you can just go to other showings to choose HD but it is annoying as you forget sometimes.

Last edited by bubblegun; 11-09-2016 at 00:54. Reason: add a niggle
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2016, 18:32   #62
S_james

SD you say? What is this SD you speak of?
I remember in the old days I would watch 1080 HD, but now I watch Ultra High DEFINTION Sports, Ultra high definition Movies, and Ultra high definition boxsets on SkyQ.

HD yes, UHD yes, SD I'm sorry what is this SD????????
Old 11-09-2016, 18:41   #63
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

That poor picture quality you get still on some channels.
Old 11-09-2016, 20:17   #64
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

The Chelsea v Swansea game was excellent UHD quality today.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 23:15   #65
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_james View Post
Well whilst you're busy stressing out about channel numbers I've had SkyQ installed and enjoyed some UHD Movies on demand and looking forward to UHD football this weekend.

I watch the channels, not the channel numbers.
Good for you...

And of course you're wonderful new SkyQ box will do HDR too..... whoops.
Old 12-09-2016, 00:12   #66
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Good for you...

And of course you're wonderful new SkyQ box will do HDR too..... whoops.
HDR live TV standards hadn't been ratified at launch I'm not even sure they have now , however Sky say they are confident the specs will be completed in a way that will work with its chips.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-e...l-be-on-demand
Old 18-09-2016, 13:22   #67
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well tomorrow is my Sky Q install day

got the Sky Fibre in last wednesday and so far its been a stay 39Mbps download and 9.9Mbps upload. Great WiFi as well. Can get it in places my Superhub 2ac won't reach.
Old 18-09-2016, 14:04   #68
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well tomorrow is my Sky Q install day

got the Sky Fibre in last wednesday and so far its been a stay 39Mbps download and 9.9Mbps upload. Great WiFi as well. Can get it in places my Superhub 2ac won't reach.
What is the maximum your property can receive Stephen?

We are lucky in that we can also get full speed on the upto 76mb service also however I choose the standard unlimited fibre as we really don't need the faster speeds. In the Sky Q hub page do you now have the powerline option ?

There is an update very soon to the Sky Q system
Old 18-09-2016, 18:00   #69
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Nope my firmware still hasn't updated yet.

I can get the full speed as well. Quiet area and can see fibre cab from window.

Going to see how the 38 goes and may upgrade as it's only 5 quid extra.
Old 19-09-2016, 20:50   #70
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Well that's My Sky Q installed. Engineer never arrived till 5pm, but all working now.

So far I love it, so fast through menu's and downloading movies from Sky On Demand.

Going to take a bit of getting used to the new remote though.
Old 19-09-2016, 21:18   #71
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

A lot of people have moaned about the home button landing you on Top Picks rather than the guide that's why I like the touch remote a swipe either way and your exactly where you want anyway.
Old 23-09-2016, 14:31   #72
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well that's My Sky Q installed. Engineer never arrived till 5pm, but all working now.

So far I love it, so fast through menu's and downloading movies from Sky On Demand.

Going to take a bit of getting used to the new remote though.
How have you got your Q mini connected ?
Old 23-09-2016, 14:41   #73
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Currently WiFi and had no issues with it, although have enabled powerline in the settings as well.
Old 23-09-2016, 15:57   #74
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Currently WiFi and had no issues with it, although have enabled powerline in the settings as well.
Mines connected using wifi and since the last update it's been rock solid.
Old 03-10-2016, 16:57   #75
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Sky Q Q003 software update now available

The update needs to be installed for both your main Q box and your Q Minis.