Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

Old 09-09-2016, 12:54   #46
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

I am sure you use fast forward and rewind button for going back and forward in guide. Play takes you back to current time.
Old 09-09-2016, 13:03   #47
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
According to you this won't be a problem for too long as people move away from pay linear channels.
Yep that old chestnut about linear channels seems to appear with regularity on this forum.
Old 09-09-2016, 13:07   #48
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I am sure you use fast forward and rewind button for going back and forward in guide. Play takes you back to current time.
You do
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 14:25   #49
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
When you have not watched a recording there will be a small white dot on the tile
Wait, I just realised what you said here.

Please tell me this isnt another of those intefaces for five year olds.

I want a list, not a bunch of kiddie building blocks.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 14:37   #50
S_james

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post

Like you said previously, you're not getting SkyQ. So you won't have any "kiddie building blocks". Personally I'm loving SkyQ.
Old 09-09-2016, 15:25   #51
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_james View Post
Like you said previously, you're not getting SkyQ. So you won't have any "kiddie building blocks". Personally I'm loving SkyQ.
I have a few minor issues with it but I certainly wouldn't go back to Sky+HD.
Old 09-09-2016, 15:50   #52
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I didnt ask if you were loving it.
I'll assume from your pointless little dig that it does use those blocks.

Old 09-09-2016, 17:50   #53
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

You can actually have your recordings in a list although only by selecting A-Z.
Old 09-09-2016, 19:22   #54
S_james

Quote:
I didnt ask if you were loving it.
I'll assume from your pointless little dig that it does use those blocks.

Assume away, you don't have SkyQ you're not getting SkyQ, so I don't see why you're so concerned.
Old 09-09-2016, 22:00   #55
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Assume away, you don't have SkyQ you're not getting SkyQ, so I don't see why you're so concerned.
I dont give a toss what you see or dont see. Do you actually have anything useful to post on the subject ... probably not.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

Ah, of course, now I've dug a little deeper, it makes sense - I should have guessed.

Old 09-09-2016, 23:15   #56
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:

The interface was designed by a 3yr old ,it is shocking the amount of moves you have to do to get anywhere in the menu.Hopefully a redesign will be included in an update after some user feedback
Old 09-09-2016, 23:37   #57
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

The touch remote seems to get me exactly where I want with the least little effort , plenty hate the touch remote however I much prefer it. I agree if you use the traditional remote moving about could be considered a pain.
Old 09-09-2016, 23:44   #58
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The touch remote seems to get me exactly where I want with the least little effort , plenty hate the touch remote however I much prefer it. I agree if you use the traditional remote moving about could be considered a pain.
I use the touch as well ,i simply haven't got the patience for the standard one plus after a few little drinkies the touch remote is just funny
Old 10-09-2016, 14:15   #59
S_james

Currently watching and very much impressed with the ManU v ManC game in ULTRA HIGH DEFINTION- love it

LIKE! ---
Old 10-09-2016, 21:30   #60
martyh

I am impressed with the picture quality as well so much so i just a bought a soundbar so now i have cinematic sound to go with the cinematic picture .....AWSOME