Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SkyQ now available to buy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

SkyQ now available to buy

Old 07-08-2016, 00:00   #31
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: SkyQ now available to buy

See there is an offer of £10 install and 20% off for 12 months for VM customers to switch. I am tempted.
Old 07-08-2016, 14:31   #32
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I just ordered my Sky Q install ,no extra charge on my monthly subscription(£86.65) and just £60 install fee for the silver bundle and 1 mini box so pretty happy with that
Old 08-08-2016, 11:08   #33
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I just ordered my Sky Q install ,no extra charge on my monthly subscription(£86.65) and just £60 install fee for the silver bundle and 1 mini box so pretty happy with that
Since the last update my boxes have behaved pretty well going forward things can only get better and better with the Sky Q service
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 13:27   #34
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I received my new sky Q hub yesterday and very sleak and tidy it looks too. Nice to see there are gigabit Ethernet ports but why only 2, the old hub had 4 albeit not gigabit. I need 4, on demand,NAS drive and 2 pc for the kids,so could I use the old hub or should I buy a switch

Very fast wireless though
Old 11-08-2016, 17:16   #35
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I received my new sky Q hub yesterday and very sleak and tidy it looks too. Nice to see there are gigabit Ethernet ports but why only 2, the old hub had 4 albeit not gigabit. I need 4, on demand,NAS drive and 2 pc for the kids,so could I use the old hub or should I buy a switch

Very fast wireless though
I agree 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports is ridiculous , if I was you I'd buy a switch.

Something like this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AFVB41S

Last edited by muppetman11; 11-08-2016 at 17:20.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 17:33   #36
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I agree 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports is ridiculous , if I was you I'd buy a switch.

Something like this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AFVB41S
Excellent thanks,

It seems to be one of those decisions that only omnipotent beings could fathom