Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Expanse

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The Expanse

Old 29-04-2017, 12:33   #61
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Expanse

I wish season 2 would hurry up and get to Netflix UK!
Old 29-04-2017, 12:48   #62
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
tell me about it. I am looking through the list of tv series I watch and as good as they and even though some of them end on cliffhangers and you think "omg I want to know what happens" with nearly all of them (including The Walking Dead this year) I can wait till the new season comes around because I appreciate it is all part of the fun and suspense. The two series which are just so flipping amazing at the moment where I literally cannot wait are The Expanse and Game of Thrones. I moan every year with GoT that you just get in to it and the season is over and this year it is going to be even worse. I don't know how I am going to come when it is all over.
You don't want me to answer that do you!

Seriously though we seem to have more or less the same tastes (except I ignore zombie crap) so I know how you feel.

Into the Badlands, Agents of Shield, The Flash and Arrow all have season ends next month.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 13:07   #63
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I wish season 2 would hurry up and get to Netflix UK!
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-e...-to-netflix-uk

I was sure I had seen season 1 on the Syfy channel on Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
You don't want me to answer that do you!
I don't know how I managed to press m instead of p

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Into the Badlands, Agents of Shield, The Flash and Arrow all have season ends next month.
yeah, I haven't watched any of the new/returning series which have started over the last month or so because I have been waiting for everything else to wrap up. Now that some series have already finished I am working my back to stuff like The Originals, Into the Badlands, A Handmaids Tale, Prison Break and Time After Time. I started on Iron First and I am up to 1x09 atm. I am really enjoying it and it is my favourite by far out of the Marvel 4 (JJ, DD and LC).
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 13:14   #64
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

yeah, I haven't watched any of the new/returning series which have started over the last month or so because I have been waiting for everything else to wrap up. Now that some series have already finished I am working my back to stuff like The Originals, Into the Badlands, A Handmaids Tale, Prison Break and Time After Time. I started on Iron First and I am up to 1x09 atm. I am really enjoying it and it is my favourite by far out of the Marvel 4 (JJ, DD and LC).
I haven't even looked at Iron Fist yet but I'll be giving it a go soon.
Old 29-04-2017, 14:35   #65
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

it is really good. 1x01 tested my patience tbh and I was wondering where it was going. It is the sort of thing they could make an honest trailer out of; "I was just want to talk". 1x05 is by far my favourite ep so far for character development. I was going to save this comment for a new thread I was going to make when I have finished watching the season but the performances are so good that I didn't realise Randy (aka Iron Fist) and Colleen were played by real actors. The kung fu/martial arts they do are that good that I thought they casted professional martial arts guys for the roles and tried to get them to act. When I started looking into who they are (real actors or not) my jaw dropped when I saw both of them were in GoT. Their performances are that good that I didn't even recognise them. I don't want to shatter my fantasy too much so I haven't looked into whether the actors actually do the martial arts themselves or whether they have stunt double type people to fill in for them. Either way, it is done exceptionally well.
Old 29-04-2017, 18:14   #66
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I gave up on Iron Fist after two. I hope Defenders will be better.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 18:57   #67
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
it is really good. 1x01 tested my patience tbh and I was wondering where it was going. It is the sort of thing they could make an honest trailer out of; "I was just want to talk". 1x05 is by far my favourite ep so far for character development. I was going to save this comment for a new thread I was going to make when I have finished watching the season but the performances are so good that I didn't realise Randy (aka Iron Fist) and Colleen were played by real actors. The kung fu/martial arts they do are that good that I thought they casted professional martial arts guys for the roles and tried to get them to act. When I started looking into who they are (real actors or not) my jaw dropped when I saw both of them were in GoT. Their performances are that good that I didn't even recognise them. I don't want to shatter my fantasy too much so I haven't looked into whether the actors actually do the martial arts themselves or whether they have stunt double type people to fill in for them. Either way, it is done exceptionally well.
I'll give it a go on your recommendation but expect a backlash if it doesn't prove to be as good as you say.
Old 29-04-2017, 19:15   #68
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I gave up on Iron Fist after two. I hope Defenders will be better.
I did the same with Luke Cage and Daredevil and I watched all but the last two eps of Jessica Jones (I can't stand David Tennant) but Iron Fist picks up big time. Depending how good Defenders is and what it references in terms of the character's back story I might go back and watch them. They aren't bad, they are just average for me and just like the series which is the topic of this thread, there is other stuff out there atm which is superb.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:23   #69
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I've just about given up on Marvel TV universe stuff, but love anything from the DCTV universe, Gotham is pretty amazing given I skipped it originally thinking it'd be dull, some of the characters/actors are remarkable, penguin standing above most. Just seem to enjoy watching Flash/Arrow more than I did Luke Cage etc. If I had to pick one more than others for Marvel it'd be Iron Fist.

Is funny because I find myself liking the MCU far more than the DCCU when it comes to big screen releases.

I dropped the Expanse solely to binge watch during the incoming void after finale week runs its course and leaves us waiting till summer for the big hitters to return. Besides that, the episodes I did watch have been pretty awesome, Season 1 ended well and Season 2 just shot off and kept rising.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 04-05-2017 at 03:27.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:34   #70
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
I've just about given up on Marvel TV universe stuff, but love anything from the DCTV universe
when I first read that I was "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!" but now I have had time to think about it I agree. Opinions about stories and characters aside, the way I judge how good a series is to step back and ask myself what effort do you make to watch it? I gave up on Jessica Jones, Dare Devil and Luke Cage but I do enjoy Iron First and have got one episode left. In contrast, I watch Supergirl, Arrow and Flash religiously every week and thoroughly enjoy them. It is a shame (or not) that the complete opposite happens in the movie-verse. Marvel movies are beyond amazing and DC is just cack. That being said, I have just noticed the new trailer for The Defenders on youtube and posted a link in my tv series thread and I am defo hyped about it.

The exception to all of the above is Agents of Shield. I would take it over all the DC and Marvel series mentioned above x 100.
Old 05-05-2017, 14:11   #71
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
when I first read that I was "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!" but now I have had time to think about it I agree. Opinions about stories and characters aside, the way I judge how good a series is to step back and ask myself what effort do you make to watch it? I gave up on Jessica Jones, Dare Devil and Luke Cage but I do enjoy Iron First and have got one episode left. In contrast, I watch Supergirl, Arrow and Flash religiously every week and thoroughly enjoy them. It is a shame (or not) that the complete opposite happens in the movie-verse. Marvel movies are beyond amazing and DC is just cack. That being said, I have just noticed the new trailer for The Defenders on youtube and posted a link in my tv series thread and I am defo hyped about it.

The exception to all of the above is Agents of Shield. I would take it over all the DC and Marvel series mentioned above x 100.
Pretty much that. Marvel are just so far ahead of it now. Guardians, Avengers, Dr Strange, Spiderman, Captain America etc. The only DC movie that matches is the Dark Knight trilogy and that was solely Christopher Nolan doing his thing.
Old 05-05-2017, 14:59   #72
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

Pretty much this, except I dont care for Iron Fist either.

AOS is the only good one, so I'm hoping that gets renewed.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:05   #73
General Maximus
Ran Away

http://screenrant.com/agents-shield-...enewal-report/

I am confident
Old 04-11-2017, 18:52   #74
General Maximus
Ran Away

I minor teaser to whet your appetite. I am definitely ready for season 3 now:

Quote:
The Expanse has some new company. Deadline reports Nadine Nicole has joined season three of the Syfy TV show.

On The Expanse, Nicole will be recur as “a lowly electrochemical tech on a ship that is fierce, intelligent, and driven, but driven by a hidden agenda and a dark secret.” Syfy has not yet set a premiere date for the series’ third season.
Old 10-11-2017, 15:35   #75
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Looks like Netflix and Marvel are parting ways. Yet another streaming service. Disney
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote