Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Expanse

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The Expanse

Old 17-06-2016, 16:22   #16
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: The Expanse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
About half way through the first episode so I am not judging it, but so far it seems a bit like a generic sci fi disaster threatening humanity series. I'll watch a few episodes before I decide if I like it or not.
Still only watched about half way through the first episode, and actually forgot about the series.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2016, 18:27   #17
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

normally I can tell whether I am going to like something within the first episode but I'll be honest and say it took till ep4 to really get in to it.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2016, 23:23   #18
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I seem to remember it took a couple of episodes to get into it, but in the end I did like it, and look forward to season 2.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 19:09   #19
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

"Bobbie Draper has arrived. Entertainment Weekly has released a first look at the new character from season two of The Expanse.

Based on James S.A. Corey’s book series, the Syfy drama follows a detective (Thomas Jane) and his crew as they solve a universe-wide conspiracy. The cast also includes Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Dominique Tipper, and Cas Anvar.

In season two, Frankie Adams will play Martian marine Roberta “Bobbie” Draper. Showrunner Naren Shankar said Adams’ casting is faithful to the character in the book:

When you ask a casting director to find a 6-foot half-Polynesian, the response is usually one of stunned silence, like, ‘Really?’ And we were like, ‘Yeah, really.’ We’ve been very conscious about maintaining the ethnic identity of the characters in the book as much as humanly possible. And we were really intent on doing that with Bobbie.”

Season two of The Expanse debuts in 2017."
Old 14-07-2016, 21:09   #20
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Looking forward to it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 21:57   #21
General Maximus
Ran Away

me too, I love proper serious sci-fi. Next year is going to be a good year with the new Star Trek series coming out as well.

Edit: as an fyi Star Trek Beyond comes out at the cinema next week.

Last edited by General Maximus; 14-07-2016 at 22:00.
Old 15-07-2016, 20:00   #22
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

What's the consensus then? Worth a watch? Looking for gap fillers between The flash, Arrow, Lucifer and the now finished POI.

Running out of stuff to binge watch too. Anything Sci-fi is worth a punt though. Fringe etc.
Old 15-07-2016, 20:02   #23
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Worth a look, the books are excellent, the series not bad at all.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 20:03   #24
General Maximus
Ran Away

absolutely, I know I am going to repeat myself but you will feel like the first episode or two drags but I persevered because it is serious space sci-fi but once you get to ep 4 it really kicks off. Don't think of it as a "gap filler" or a second rate show to watch while nothing else is on. This can survive on its own merits and should be considered mandatory viewing for any scifi enthusiast.
Old 15-07-2016, 20:28   #25
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
absolutely, I know I am going to repeat myself but you will feel like the first episode or two drags but I persevered because it is serious space sci-fi but once you get to ep 4 it really kicks off. Don't think of it as a "gap filler" or a second rate show to watch while nothing else is on. This can survive on its own merits and should be considered mandatory viewing for any scifi enthusiast.
Probably made gap filler sound worse than it meant. Fringe was a filler and became one of my favourite TV shows I've ever seen. Just meant something current to slot into my empty viewing habits at the minute.

Looking to reach a point where I've got enough multiple enjoyable shows that I don't have gaps.

Excited for this now though knowing I'm a season behind and have to play catch up. Free to watch hours at a time.
The reason I have so little is I simply never bothered with TV shows for a very long time thinking production quality and end product was doomed. Stuff like Sherlock, current DC programming and co as well as old stuff like Fringe and POI gave me a wake up call.

Besides here and mates I don't really go searching for stuff, Netflix reccomends and so on. Lucifer was one I've loved but wouldn't even know it existed if a mate hadn't mentioned it.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 15-07-2016 at 20:31.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2016, 19:22   #26
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
There have been many shows I've watched because I had nothing better to do. My sister was adamant I would love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I watched it partly to keep her quiet and partly because I had nothing better to do or watch. It took a few episodes to grow on me, but grow on me it did, and ended up (IMO) one of the best TV shows I have seen. Of course, it helped that most of the female regular cast were quite sexy (especially Sarah Michelle Gellar).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2016, 19:41   #27
General Maximus
Ran Away

my god she looked amazing in season 4. I don't normally like blondes but she looked gorgeous with her long blonde hair. I can remember watching it when it originally aired and there was an ep where she had been away for a while as part of the story and then came back unexpectedly and saved Willow and Xander as they were getting their asses kicked somewhere and she popped the vampire off and stood up and said "hi guys, miss me?" and she was in a stunning long blue dress with her hair down (that is how I remember it 20 years on). I thought it was somewhere in season 3 but I have just had a look for it and can't find it. SMG is defo one of my top babes of all time though along with Jessica Alba (aka Max from Dark Angel), Kristen Kreuk (aka Lana from Smallville) and Lexa Doig (aka Rommi from Andromeda).
Old 18-07-2016, 00:43   #28
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

3 down and so far so good.
Old 18-07-2016, 18:33   #29
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Quote:
me too, I love proper serious sci-fi. Next year is going to be a good year with the new Star Trek series coming out as well.

Edit: as an fyi Star Trek Beyond comes out at the cinema next week.
Looks like Netflix has the new Star Trek series outside of the USA :-((

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Does anyone know if the Blu Ray of the Expanse from USA works in the UK?
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 19:54   #30
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Netflix isn't a bad punt anyway, easily worth the cost.

As for your blu ray. Its region free. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/revie...t?ie=UTF8&s=sd

Quite a bit annoying that one has to buy a blu ray to legitimately watch this in the UK. There's other methods of course that you're aware of.