Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Expanse

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Hawkeye

Old 25-11-2021, 18:02   #1
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Hawkeye

Watched first episode last night and really liked it. Will watch Ep2 tonight.

Worth it just to see Avengers the Musical! Brilliant.
Old 25-11-2021, 20:49   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Hawkeye

Excellent stuff. Communal squeal from all in the living room when part 1 ended … boiling the kettle then getting straight on with the next one.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 21:34   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Just watched Eps 1 & 2. Brilliant.

Apparently the Mafia boss is getting her own spinoff series, called Echo.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 22:07   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Part 2 done. Another superb Marvel TV series in the making.
Old 25-11-2021, 22:44   #5
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Totally agree
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 23:46   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Its a shame they only do such short seasons.

Old 26-11-2021, 00:23   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

While it’s always disappointing that a season is gone so fast, on the plus side because streaming platforms aren’t trying to fill ad-led 23 week slots there’s no filler, no ensemble cast of characters of varying strength to rotate, no clip shows and no picking up and putting down of competing plot threads for weeks at a time. Marvel in particular, given the varying episode lengths and numbers of instalments it has produced so far, seems determined to tell the story in the best way it can be, led by the story and not by a studio quota, and then move on. Overall I think it’s a strength.
Old 26-11-2021, 01:22   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Nah, I think 10 or even 13 would be fine (a lot of Netflix are 10, which works quite well).

Old 26-11-2021, 08:40   #9
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Nah, I think 10 or even 13 would be fine (a lot of Netflix are 10, which works quite well).
10-13 works well for shows with an episodic format. If however one story is fully serialised over that number of instalments it can start to drag out. The most recent series of stargirl is a good example of that - the risk is you end up watching the heroes getting beaten up for 12 weeks before it’s all resolved in the first 20 minutes of the finale. Then they move on to establish the set-up for next year.

IIRC Marvel has stuck to serialised material so far, and I do think they have been wise to limit the number of instalments within each serial to the number required to tell the story.
Old 15-12-2021, 21:20   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Spoiler: 
A very brief glimpse of Kingpin at the end of tonight’s episode … and it was the Vincent D’Onofrio version. Does this increase the chances that Charlie Cox really is going to cameo in the new Spiderman?
Old 18-12-2021, 10:35   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
stargirl is a good example of that - the risk is you end up watching the heroes getting beaten up for 12 weeks before it’s all resolved in the first 20 minutes of the finale. Then they move on to establish the set-up for next year.
I agree however I would quite happily sit there and watch Brec Bassinger read the phonebook.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2021, 11:19   #12
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I agree however I would quite happily sit there and watch Brec Bassinger read the phonebook.

She’s extremely cute, that’s for sure. Though as I’m old enough to be her father I’ll leave it there.

However, while we’re on the subject of your realism factor, what did you think of the latest MCU developments in Hawkeye?
Old 18-12-2021, 20:18   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

haven't seen any of it yet. There has been so much on tv recently that I have only been able to keep up on my current weekly series. I have had to make a list of new seasons/series to watch over Christmas while everything is on a break and they currently include Lost in Space, Cobra Kai, Hawkeye, Bobba Fett, The Expanse and The Witcher.
Old 18-12-2021, 20:45   #14
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

You won’t be disappointed with Hawkeye. It’s a superb addition to the tapestry of the MCU and the way it both connects to and expands upon it will give you a massive realism factor.

The rest of those are still on my list!
Old 18-12-2021, 20:53   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

Fantastic, i look forward to them and will let you know when i have seen them.