Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Which freeview HD recorder?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Which freeview HD recorder?

Old 31-10-2014, 01:15   #16
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Which freeview HD recorder?

Here's YouView's official answer about NowTV:
Q20. When will the Now TV app be updated to include the entertainment package?
A20. There is a piece of work we need to undertake before YouView can offer a full NOW TV service. We are currently scoping out this project but we can't share any further detail or timings at this stage. We will bring you the latest news here first, so do watch this space for further information on this topic.
http://videos.youview.com/support/QuestionAndAnswer.pdf
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2014, 04:05   #17
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I don't use now tv anymore (I have a Roku box) bit I have one of the newer small BT YOUVIEW boxes. It's very nice.

I have the iptv channels on mine too.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 13:04   #18
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Well i bought the one i linked to in my first post but am having some problems.

I can't receive any of the COM7 channels? Not sure if that is the aerial not receiving a strong enough signal, maybe the cable run to the living room is too long?
I think i read those channels are right down the frequency?

*EDIT*
Ok i found out the coax run is too long, took the box upstairs and tuned them in, as well as Motors on CH71, back downstairs and the COM7 channels and motors isn't working. Signal quality and strength register as 0% on all of them.
Don't think i'll bother investing in a booster though.
*EDIT*

I also can't get any internet channels, it says device not compatible?
It's connected to the internet fine as i can view on demand, although i didn't have 4OD or ITVPlayer to start off with. I did a software update and they appeared afterwards.

I thought this box was just a BT branded retail box but now i'm wondering whether it isn't and BT have blocked some functionality?

Maybe the box is a duff one? Any thoughts?

TIA
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 13:36   #19
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Well i bought the one i linked to in my first post but am having some problems.

I can't receive any of the COM7 channels? Not sure if that is the aerial not receiving a strong enough signal, maybe the cable run to the living room is too long?
I think i read those channels are right down the frequency?

I also can't get any internet channels, it says device not compatible?
It's connected to the internet fine as i can view on demand, although i didn't have 4OD or ITVPlayer to start off with. I did a software update and they appeared afterwards.

I thought this box was just a BT branded retail box but now i'm wondering whether it isn't and BT have blocked some functionality?

Maybe the box is a duff one? Any thoughts?

TIA
I don't know about the COM 7 channels.

YouView wasn't originally able to get any of the internet channels but you should be able to receive some but not all of them. Those you can get now are Motors (Channel 240), Vintage TV (Channel 242) and RT Doc (Available through the channel, RT, which is on channel 135). Hopefully, the others will follow in time.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 14:01   #20
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I don't know about the COM 7 channels.

YouView wasn't originally able to get any of the internet channels but you should be able to receive some but not all of them. Those you can get now are Motors (Channel 240), Vintage TV (Channel 242) and RT Doc (Available through the channel, RT, which is on channel 135). Hopefully, the others will follow in time.
Thanks for the reply Andrew.

I updated the software earlier but didn't realise it wouldn't install the latest update straight away.
I had to update it three times to get the latest version, the streamed channels work now also Netflix has appeared in the online players as well.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote