Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 28-11-2017, 18:58   #4861
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Sorry to hear that Den. This is not a good time of year to lose your job. Will he get some redundancy pay?
He has been there 3 years so we shall see if he gets any redundancy pay heero.
Old 28-11-2017, 19:02   #4862
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Some of the moans in this thread makes my own moans seem really really trivial. Let's just hope that 2018 is a much better year for all of us. This year has sucked.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 20:02   #4863
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
I have a feeling that you may be a tad optimistic on getting the car back that quickly. I had a wing mirror housing replaced and that took over a week.
What!

I had a clip on my Mondeo that damaged the front right wing, bumper and smashed the headlight.

I got it back within 2 days.
Old 28-11-2017, 21:33   #4864
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Just clicked on dl repair status and my car should be ready on Thursday now that is what I call fantastic service.

There was a slight hiccup with the tracking service but that was sorted fairly quickly once it was brought to the garages attention the reg had a wrong letter in it, Y instead of a K.

Last edited by weenie; 28-11-2017 at 22:18.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 11:35   #4865
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Oh den I'm sorry to hear this, there is no good time to hear new's like this, but it seems even worse at this time of year if you know what I mean.
He is going in for the last time today weenie to collect his personal belongings from the locker but what really makes me angry is the 4000 employees found out the company had gone into administration from the internet before they were told the bad news by the company.
Old 30-11-2017, 12:22   #4866
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

That really is quite disgusting den but sadly this does not surprise me at all in this day and age.

I remember a few years ago a jewelry shop closed down and the poor staff turned up for work only to find that there place of work was no more and the shop empty they had no idea what was going on, I personally found this disgusting also.

I hope your brother finds employment soon den.

Last edited by weenie; 30-11-2017 at 12:26.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 13:03   #4867
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Let down very badly by A&E today
Sorry to hear this Dill ,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 20:46   #4868
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

End of the second day without a boiler (condenser).

British Gas boiler engineer came out this morning (pleased with the speedy response), investigated, and believed it was an electrical fault. He called Despatch, and asked for an engineer, and was given a date of 21st December - he was very good, and convinced Despatch to escalate, and they got an on-call (not BG) electrician who has just left.

It’s (apparently) not an electrical problem, but an issue with the pump in the airing cupboard upstairs, which needs a heating engineer (apparently different from a boiler engineer) - he’s called it in, and I should be getting a call in the morning informing me what happens next...

Luckily we have a gas fire in the lounge, and an immersion heater we can use for hot water.

Here’s hoping for a speedy resolution to this issue.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 21:00   #4869
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

British Gas boiler engineer came out this morning (pleased with the speedy response), investigated, and believed it was an electrical fault. He called Despatch, and asked for an engineer, and was given a date of 21st December - he was very good, and convinced Despatch to escalate, and they got an on-call (not BG) electrician who has just left.

It’s (apparently) not an electrical problem, but an issue with the pump in the airing cupboard upstairs, which needs a heating engineer (apparently different from a boiler engineer) - he’s called it in, and I should be getting a call in the morning informing me what happens next...

Luckily we have a gas fire in the lounge, and an immersion heater we can use for hot water.

Modern boilers seem to be crap. My sons constantly breaks down; however he's renting and it's the landlord who constantly has to fix.
Mine is circa 1979, has never broken down (touch wood !).
Forget BG Hugh, they will just say they don't have the parts, and try and flog you another boiler. Get a local independent trader to have a look, nothing lost. A pump should be simple to replace.

Last edited by Mr K; 04-12-2017 at 21:17.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 21:12   #4870
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I have a Service Agreement, which covers all costs (including replacement).

tbf, the boiler is 10 years old and it’s the first problem we’ve had with it ( we did get it fitted by a local independent, just use BG for the Service Agreement) and it’s probably the pump in the airing cupboard, which is 33 years old...

Last edited by Hugh; 04-12-2017 at 21:18.
Old 04-12-2017, 21:16   #4871
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I have a Service Agreement, which covers all costs (including replacement).
Yes, which isn't going to help you with the cold snap coming this weekend. If it was me I'd pay someone to fix it, be warm, and claim the money off BG (mention Watchdog ! ).
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 21:19   #4872
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Yes, which isn't going to help you with the cold snap coming this weekend. If it was me I'd pay someone to fix it, be warm, and claim the money off BG (mention Watchdog ! ).
That’s Plan B if it’s not resolved in a day or two...
Old 05-12-2017, 12:10   #4873
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Dentist today and sadly in 2 weeks..
Old 05-12-2017, 15:05   #4874
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

Now fixed by BG.

Faulty fan and blown fuse in boiler PCB - the house is now toasty again, rather than just the lounge....
Old 05-12-2017, 19:09   #4875
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Now fixed by BG.

Faulty fan and blown fuse in boiler PCB - the house is now toasty again, rather than just the lounge....
So glad you are all nice and warm
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote