Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky looking at up to 10% price increases in September

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky looking at up to 10% price increases in September

Old 09-06-2013, 02:37   #16
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Sky looking at up to 10% price increases in September

the costs are getting beyond a joke now only ever keep going up
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2013, 02:43   #17
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
the costs are getting beyond a joke now only ever keep going up
Could be some major changes next week.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/92...-page-140.html

We know what BT are doing and SKY seems to have something up their sleeve. This could be a good thing regardless of your TV provider. If SKY do something radical in reply to BT's free sports offer it should force Virgin to come up with something too.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:21   #18
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
If its really 10% and VM reflect that in our prices then its good bye to the movies and sport and hello to increased media centre usage and a large increase in my newsgroup subscription usage.
Indeed as 10% of the sports and movies price rise including the HD variants would be nearly £4 a month rise and that's unacceptable in my opinion.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:05   #19
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Indeed as 10% of the sports and movies price rise including the HD variants would be nearly £4 a month rise and that's unacceptable in my opinion.
This WILL be the impetus i need to get rid of the movies and sports pack, i can find my Super league fix in other places and to be honest that is the ONLY reason i subscribe to Sky sports and i have NO REASON what so ever to subscribe to BT sports.

As far as the movies are concerned there are far cheaper options out there and my media centress and newsgroup subscription will see increased usage. It can only be a Win Win situation for me as far as i am concerned. If a lot more were to do this it would hit Sky hard as the income they get from VM's subscribers and from there own would decrease substantially.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:16   #20
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

This thread is daft.

The Sky contract has always had within it the right to increase the package cost by up to 10% in in any one year. This isn't something new and everyone getting all upset about it is pointless.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:48   #21
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
This thread is daft.

The Sky contract has always had within it the right to increase the package cost by up to 10% in in any one year. This isn't something new and everyone getting all upset about it is pointless.
We are not getting upset as we are voicing our opinions and the last time l heard there is nothing wrong with that as please remember the golden goose will only lay eggs for so long as prices don't go up too much but l am afraid in the last couple of years prices seem to have gone relentlessly one way and that is up.
Old 10-06-2013, 13:56   #22
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
This thread is daft.

The majority of the people posting in this thread don't have SKY like you and I. They don't have a contract with SKY so don't really know or care about what SKY have tucked away in the terms and conditions. They are simply a little concerned about how a price increase at SKY's end might impact their subcripton price for SKY Sports and SKY Movies via Virgin.

Not everyone is getting upset. If anything the majority of people in this thread have been reserved about the subject.
Old 10-06-2013, 14:19   #23
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

It says up to 10%. So that's a maximum of £6.57 on the Sky World package. (the top package).

It's safe to predict they will probably up the HD fee from £5.25 to £6

Prob put a £1 on basic TV package from £21.50 to £22.50

which leaves up to £4.82 which they will prob take from sports and movies. I rekon £3 increase on both packages together and £2 on either individually.

Which would make VIP package increase to £117.55 before BT sport
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 21:20   #24
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Any news on this possible free BB pay info? Is it defo this week when they release the info?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 21:50   #25
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Any news on this possible free BB pay info? Is it defo this week when they release the info?
Nothing for definite. The story was run by the Telegraph but has not been confirmed by anyone at SKY. Every other news outlet covering the story have credited The Telegraph as being their original source. It could be that the story run by the Telegraph is not accurate. If we don't hear anything from SKY in the next week or so, we can assume The Telegraph story was nothing more than unsubstantiated rumor.
Old 11-06-2013, 22:01   #26
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Nothing for definite. The story was run by the Telegraph but has not been confirmed by anyone at SKY. Every other news outlet covering the story have credited The Telegraph as being their original source. It could be that the story run by the Telegraph is not accurate. If we don't hear anything from SKY in the next week or so, we can assume The Telegraph story was nothing more than unsubstantiated rumor.
Thats one of reason why i hate news papers
Old 18-06-2013, 15:18   #27
LogicalReflex
Inactive

LogicalReflex is an unknown quantity at this point

Get rid of sport and movies... You don't really need it.
Get netflix... I get my netflix completely free.

Keep sky though... virgin is a lot more expensive and worse quality.
LogicalReflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47   #28
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Had a letter today telling me that my Sky bill is going up a whole 50 pence. Definitely preferring Sky's price rises over Virgins

The letter goes on to give reasons for this massice increase, saying that 4 new UK call centres have been opened and some blurb about them offering the UK's biggest catchup tv service.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 13:17   #29
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Had a letter today telling me that my Sky bill is going up a whole 50 pence. Definitely preferring Sky's price rises over Virgins

The letter goes on to give reasons for this massice increase, saying that 4 new UK call centres have been opened and some blurb about them offering the UK's biggest catchup tv service.
Not had a letter yet but from other thread with the costs my bill will go up by £2.50 but i Sky Go Extra is rumoured to be free for multiroom customers which will go down by £5 but due to price rise i will save £2.50 a month. So i defo prefer Sky's price rise than VM's as i get a price reduction
Old 01-07-2013, 13:51   #30
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
So i defo prefer Sky's price rise than VM's as i get a price reduction
Awesome!

My bill went down a fiver when I added the 3D channel and sacrificed the F1 one in the Entertainment Extra change. Pleasantly surprised
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote