Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 30-03-2013, 11:02   #61
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

UPDATE:

Military History is set to be rebranded as H2 on May 4th 2013.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...1&postcount=55
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2013, 11:05   #62
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
UPDATE:

Military History is set to be rebranded as H2 on May 4th 2013.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...1&postcount=55
Cheers MB, I could not find a date for the change
Old 30-03-2013, 16:04   #63
Jameseh

They should move 90% of the 'factual' channels because all they show is tripe.

Old 30-03-2013, 21:24   #64
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Which explains the noisy ruddy chopper earlier
Only way to collect all the high balls.
Old 31-03-2013, 11:37   #65
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Found this on Digital Spy:

Quote:
Sky Arts 2 has changed its name to Sky Arts Rieu in honour of the Classical Brit Award-winning violinist André Rieu. From Saturday 30th March until Sunday 14th April.
http://skyarts.sky.com/andre-rieu-co...ace-sky-arts-2
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 31-03-2013, 13:38   #66
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

I'll get me coat
Old 01-04-2013, 05:29   #67
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

I think it's safe to ignore news about Virgin taking over Sky and any new and unusual channels appearing for the rest of today.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:06   #68
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I think it's safe to ignore news about Virgin taking over Sky and any new and unusual channels appearing for the rest of today.
Even this one?

http://www.a516digital.com/2013/04/n...view.html#more

and this one has to be true.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2013/04/mogg...or-animal-dab/

Old 01-04-2013, 10:35   #69
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
And todays date is?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:39   #70
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Game of Thrones is not over rated at all. Its so well done it compares in no way to any average tv series, its a quality production in every way. No one can deny that, even if its not the type of show they personally like.

I watched the first episode of The Following and even though it was good its not my kind of thing. Its that personal preference difference and the Atlantic channel seems to have at least one show for every taste, which is maybe why it appears so appealing.

As for the GoT, there is nothing to stop you reading the books AND getting the awesome eye candy and fast paced, jaw dropping tv series too

Spoiler: 
Couldn't agree more mate, just wish we had it on Virgin! There's also Blue Bloods, Boardwalk Empire, or have those shows finished now?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:07   #71
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Couldn't agree more mate, just wish we had it on Virgin! There's also Blue Bloods, Boardwalk Empire, or have those shows finished now?
Blue Bloods is still showing , Boardwalk Empire Season 4 will air later in the year.

TV Wise are reporting that A&E Networks UK a joint venture of A&E Networks and BSKYB are planning to launch the 'Lifetime Channel' later in the year in the UK.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:44   #72
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

I can understand why Sky have put Game of thrones and other US cable shows on Atlantic, but The Following is from a US TV network broadcaster, Fox and should have been put on Sky One. Other Fox shows, such as Fringe, Glee and Touch have not gone on to Atlantic.

The same applies to Blue Bloods, which is from another US TV Network channel, CBS; any of the other shows that Sky have bought from them have not gone on Atlantic.

I think people understood that HBO, Showtime etc. type shows would end up on Atlantic, but to put US Network shows on Atlantic is taking the 'P' in my opinion.
Old 01-04-2013, 13:02   #73
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I can understand why Sky have put Game of thrones and other US cable shows on Atlantic, but The Following is from a US TV network broadcaster, Fox and should have been put on Sky One. Other Fox shows, such as Fringe, Glee and Touch have not gone on to Atlantic.

The same applies to Blue Bloods, which is from another US TV Network channel, CBS; any of the other shows that Sky have bought from them have not gone on Atlantic.

I think people understood that HBO, Showtime etc. type shows would end up on Atlantic, but to put US Network shows on Atlantic is taking the 'P' in my opinion.
It is more they are taling the "S", "k" or "y", rather than a "p"
Old 01-04-2013, 13:12   #74
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

I kind of agree. I've noticed that all top tier drama from America that SKY agree deals for ends up on SKY Atlantic. Everything else ends up on SKY 1 or SKY Living.

I remember before SKY Atlantic launched, they released the following PDF:

http://www.skymedia.co.uk/_downloads...ogos%20(W).pdf

"It’s TV for a discerning audience who love storytelling that is smart, immersive magnetic and truly world-class."

"Sky Atlantic HD will be an extraordinary TV channel. It will have compulsive television that pushes creative boundaries and tells great stories."

"Smart content for the engaged mind."

SKY have created a level of snobbery with SKY Atlantic. Whilst shows like Touch, Revolution and Fringe are very entertaining, they don't fit in with the ethos of Atlantic. They very much are SKY One entertainment type shows.

Put it this way as long as SKY Atlantic is broadcasting, all future top quality drama acquired by SKY will appear on that channel. I would say however that some of the British content that is broadcast on SKY Atlantic is terrible.
Old 01-04-2013, 13:14   #75
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
It is more they are taling the "S", "k" or "y", rather than a "p"
My my Colin is very chipper today.