Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 29-03-2013, 17:26   #46
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
Don't subscribe to Sky Movies anymore but just browsing through what's new in on demand for XL and found Pirates of the Carribbean Dead Mans Chest. Says I'm subscribed too! Checked the Sky Movies catch up channel and it says I am not subscribed so clearly a boo boo on VMs part. Unfortunately the HD selection doesn't work.

Watch it before the remove it!
Have you tried watching it? I've got the same thing but don't want to risk playing it and end up being charged. That and Palace are on!
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2013, 18:07   #47
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
-I have been told that Virgin Media are in talks with Sky to carry 'Sky Atlantic SD', 'Sky News HD' and 'Sky Sports News HD'.
Almost choked on my malt there, this news is as old as the friggin moon! and it's down for December!! You couldn't make it up, or erm, rubs chin suspiciously, could you?

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Exactly, the only one moaning is obviously MarkC1984.

I agree with you PB, it's too long, too full of info and difficult to spot the actual changes, but as you said it's MB's thread and can post it however he wants but isn't exempt from criticism like every other member.

Well said mate!
Old 29-03-2013, 18:21   #48
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Just seen an advert stating new channel H2 to launch on Virgin Media channel 236. This may mean the closure of Military History or that it is moving to a new channel number.
Old 29-03-2013, 18:56   #49
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
Just seen an advert stating new channel H2 to launch on Virgin Media channel 236. This may mean the closure of Military History or that it is moving to a new channel number.
l would be quite unhappy if they closed Military History but somehow l cannot see this happening unless MB knows something different.
Old 29-03-2013, 19:01   #50
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Nothing on their website.
Old 29-03-2013, 20:11   #51
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Have you tried watching it? I've got the same thing but don't want to risk playing it and end up being charged. That and Palace are on!
Yeah I watched it, said I was subscribed and no charges showing on my virgin media!
Old 29-03-2013, 20:30   #52
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Don't subscribe to Sky Movies anymore but just browsing through what's new in on demand for XL and found Pirates of the Carribbean Dead Mans Chest. Says I'm subscribed too! Checked the Sky Movies catch up channel and it says I am not subscribed so clearly a boo boo on VMs part. Unfortunately the HD selection doesn't work.

Watch it before the remove it!
Thanks for the tip. I'm only on XL too and I just tried it, it works! Had to go through Search then All OD. Also there's -

Brave
BURN-E
Chicken Little
Hunchback Of Notre Dame
Snow Buddies

Watch them while you can!

I don't use OD much often but the programme length on some of the assets are showing up wrong.
Old 29-03-2013, 20:50   #53
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Quote:
Nothing on their website.
All the advert said was coming soon and showed a few clips from current History shows. At the end it had the Sky and VM channel numbers
Old 29-03-2013, 21:06   #54
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yeah I watched it, said I was subscribed and no charges showing on my virgin media!
Cheers - I should have put one of them on as it turned out
Old 29-03-2013, 21:11   #55
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Charges take 24 hours to show up online, I found that out once when I ordered a film to rent.
Old 29-03-2013, 21:46   #56
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
That and Palace are on!
Which explains the noisy ruddy chopper earlier
Old 29-03-2013, 21:56   #57
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn012 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I'm only on XL too and I just tried it, it works! Had to go through Search then All OD. Also there's -

Brave
BURN-E
Chicken Little
Hunchback Of Notre Dame
Snow Buddies

Watch them while you can!

I don't use OD much often but the programme length on some of the assets are showing up wrong.
How did you find out those ones worked?

I tried POTC and says subscribed by going in via Search & Browse > Search Catch Up & On Demand > Then typed in Pirates..

Is there an easier way to find others?

If I go via Catch Up & On Demand > Movies > Sky Movies > New This Week its saying Unsubscribed.
Old 29-03-2013, 22:09   #58
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

On TiVo go through Search All TV instead, it worked for Brave earlier. The availability could be down to what region you're connected to.

Homeward Bound II is also available.
Old 30-03-2013, 10:58   #59
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
I know that Military History shows some of HISTORY old shows - so maybe an rebrand on it way?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 30-03-2013, 11:02   #60
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

The History Channel in some regions have rebranded Military History or History International to H2 over the past year or so
Closed Thread