Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 28-03-2013, 20:15   #16
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Lets just concentrate on what's coming soon instead of nitpicking and criticising MB when he does a very good job which no one else seems very keen to do.
Yes, let's ban opinion on this thread.

No one has suggested that MB doesn't do a very good job. To the contrary, he does a very great service in providing the information that he does, and we all appreciate what he does very much. That is a given, and not what is being discussed.
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2013, 20:15   #17
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Leave MB alone guys, he does a terrific job
Old 28-03-2013, 20:17   #18
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post

Back on topic

E! HD, serious waste of bandwidth, bit like sky getting HD channels just to tick a box. I guess someone watches it occasionally but i can't imagine it was on top of anyones wanted list?

Cue the flaming from 'celebrity' watchers who have it on all day in the background
I never watch it, but why should those that do be deprived of the HD version? Sounds like a bit of channel snobbery on your part to me.
Old 28-03-2013, 20:20   #19
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I never watch it, but why should those that do be deprived of the HD version? Sounds like a bit of channel snobbery on your part to me.
The 90% botox faces in high definition might scare the kids.

Old 28-03-2013, 20:21   #20
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Channel snobbery? that's a new insult for me i need to hang around here more.

I guess my point was i'd imagine VM would please more people if they HD'd a channel with better viewing figures, is what i was trying to say but didn't do it very well, obviously
Old 28-03-2013, 20:26   #21
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:

I guess my point was i'd imagine VM would please more people if they HD'd a channel with better viewing figures, is what i was trying to say but didn't do it very well, obviously
VM can't pick and choose which HD channels they can get, so we welcome any new HD channel they are able to obtain, even if it's one we personally wouldn't watch. I don't watch sports channels, but I'll be really pleased if VM ever get HD versions Sky Sports 3 & 4.
Old 28-03-2013, 20:35   #22
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hi Media Boy, Is there any news on BT Sports channels, it say that they will launch in July, is there any confirmation on this yet
Old 28-03-2013, 20:35   #23
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Gone very quite on the three new HD channels coming soon?

Old 28-03-2013, 20:39   #24
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Mrs M has a couple of series links on E! It's not anything I'd watch but it will be used in my house. As, sadly, will Style - any confirmation of that coming in April, MB?
Old 28-03-2013, 20:41   #25
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Mrs M has a couple of series links on E! It's not anything I'd watch but it will be used in my house. As, sadly, will Style - any confirmation of that coming in April, MB?
Its on 285.

Old 28-03-2013, 21:03   #26
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Sounds like a bit of channel snobbery on your part to me.
Erm-hum, this is real channel snobbery

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 28-03-2013, 21:05   #27
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
I think the idea of a new thread every 3 months is actually a good idea, can you imagine a new member clicking on the post for the first time and trawling through 'breaking' news 9 months old?

At least this way it won't be more than 3 months out of date at the very worst.
The last thread "Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 1" was 202 pages, so your point is hardly relevant, no one is going to read through it all anyway. So surely a better way would just be to have the 'latest update' posted in the initial post no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
Leave MB alone guys, he does a terrific job
Again, no one is picking on him for what he does, the discussion is about how that information he gets is passed on.
Old 28-03-2013, 21:10   #28
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

New thread, New start, eh! Let's see Q2 literally explode with all the rumours of new channels coming to VM! Or I will not be happy!
Old 28-03-2013, 21:24   #29
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Its on 285.
Ah that passed me by. Cheers. Now, to tell, or not to tell...
Old 28-03-2013, 22:20   #30
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
The last thread "Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 1" was 202 pages, so your point is hardly relevant, no one is going to read through it all anyway. So surely a better way would just be to have the 'latest update' posted in the initial post no?

Again, no one is picking on him for what he does, the discussion is about how that information he gets is passed on.
Of course, if anyone wants to open their own thread and pass on their own information they can publish it in any format and timeframe they like so if you fancy it give it a go otherwise give MB that same freedom. As always if you don't like what he does, or the way he does it, you don't have read his thread. For my part I'm happy to receive any information he has in any format he likes.
Closed Thread