Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2013, 17:00   #1501
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I can't believe it wasn't stopped either.

I'm recording Prizefighter, I really can't watch it live. Far too much betting talk and Johnny Nelson. I can usually watch a Prizefighter within 1 hour by fast forwarding through all the chat, adverts, between rounds and post fight interviews. Not really a big fan of Prizefighter.

I am however really looking forward to the action from the States.
There is a dedicated thread for the discussion of all things Boxnation ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Looks like Sky's on demand offering is now dwarfing Virgin Media's on demand choice.
Hopefully when the transaction finishes with Liberty Global, the new CEO will slam down his iron fists with some juicy new deals!
After Sky treated me like they did 12 years ago, all personal and business contracts were allowed to expire following their refusal to make amends. This has resulted in a loss of business far outweighing the money they made by doing what they did. It now looks like they have finally realised this and have started sending me letter after letter urging (bordering on pleading) me to give them another chance. The last letter stated that Sky now has more on demand than VM, which confirms your suspicions.

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
The fact that Virgin has a website to sign up for details to me confirms something is going to happen, if you weren't going to get it, you wouldn't create a page about it.
I see where you're coming from, but the website may have been put there to try and stop people from leaving the VM platform if they thought that BT Sports would not be available. It may even ultimately be used to inform all those who signed up for it that BT Sports will not be coming to VM.

Having said that, I don't think that this will happen. This, however, is my opinion only, as BT Sport negotiations are said to be "extremely commercially sensitive" and measures have been put in place to "prevent unauthorised disclosure". I assumed this to mean that confidentiality agreements have been put in place etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
Any more news on the UKTV on demand content that we were promised what seems like an eternity ago
This was discussed in this thread a few weeks ago. The general consenus was that VM had the rights to include the UKTV on demand material, but had chosen not to offer it.

The reasons put forward were that VM probably felt it pointless to pay for this inclusion, as most, if not all, of it was included anyway on the BBC iplayer.

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
If Liberty plan to sell the CBS channels, then they will make a lot of customers unhappy as these channels have brilliant shows on them.

Regarding +1 channels, the only reason why l was saying they are a waste of time, I spoke with CS and they said they dont have enough capacity on the network to take anymore channels, so bring the +1 channels on.
So, you are saying that CS told you that VM has no more space for any more channels (incorrect), so instead "bring on" +1 channels in this non existent space instead

Sometimes your posts make no sense at all.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleInfi View Post
A couple of days ago, Bio, Nat Geo Wild, and CI appeared on the L package for half a day, but were taken away, what gives? Was this some kind of glitch or something?

I have them saved on my favourites still but can't access as they're not on my package anymore.

I thought perhaps Virgin Media were moving channels to lower packages in preparation for new ones but it appears not. Still baffled why they gave me 3 channels and took away quite quickly though lol
Testing purposes?
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2013, 17:18   #1502
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
There are quite a few channels in addition to Sky Atlantic that people would like to see on the VM platform.
Such as?

(Don't say Sky Sports 3, 4, News HD)
Old 23-05-2013, 18:14   #1503
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
There are quite a few channels in addition to Sky Atlantic that people would like to see on the VM platform.

Like what for instance?
Old 23-05-2013, 18:16   #1504
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Is it really necessary to post all this stuff?
Quote:
By all means keep people up to date with relevant whats coming etc, but do you have to list the companies who own this channel and that channel etc etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
It can be useful to know which channels we can possibly get when contracts are up for renewal with particular providers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Yes but it's on the first page of the thread and rarely changes on the updates. It would be easier to follow if it just listed changes from the original listing.
Why not just list the changes from last time and also a link to the full list?

Personally, because the vast majority of the post is repeated information, and sorting out what is new a bit of a hassle, I just skip to the next post. If only changes were listed, I would read it.
Old 23-05-2013, 18:27   #1505
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Personally, because the vast majority of the post is repeated information, and sorting out what is new a bit of a hassle, I just skip to the next post. If only changes were listed, I would read it.
This......
Old 23-05-2013, 18:30   #1506
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
Such as?

History HD , Universal HD , Food Network and several others.
Old 23-05-2013, 18:33   #1507
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
they're all minor channels.

There are no "mainstream" channels left.
Old 23-05-2013, 18:53   #1508
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Such as?

Quote:
Like what for instance?
Quote:
Denphone has provided some examples, others are contained throughout this thread.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

Quote:

I wouldn't class these as minor channels. I would say that channels such as The Africa Channel, the recent asian additions, radio stations etc are examples of what is meant by the term "minor channels."
Old 23-05-2013, 18:57   #1509
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

It seems some of you are never happy with your lot no matter what happens.
Old 23-05-2013, 18:58   #1510
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It seems some of you are never happy with your lot no matter what happens.
I am.

though i still wouldn't say no to a lottery win, I'm not holding my breath waiting
Old 23-05-2013, 19:03   #1511
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I am.

though i still wouldn't say no to a lottery win, I'm not holding my breath waiting
Well you can always ask your master to sub you a loan as he can't be far from millionaire status now.
Old 23-05-2013, 19:11   #1512
coulsontom
Inactive

Who watches "the food network".

It's not exactly got the quality of "Saturday Kitchen" or "Two Greedy Italians" or one of Rick Stein's programmes.
Old 23-05-2013, 19:26   #1513
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleInfi View Post
A couple of days ago, Bio, Nat Geo Wild, and CI appeared on the L package for half a day, but were taken away, what gives? Was this some kind of glitch or something?

I have them saved on my favourites still but can't access as they're not on my package anymore.

I thought perhaps Virgin Media were moving channels to lower packages in preparation for new ones but it appears not. Still baffled why they gave me 3 channels and took away quite quickly though lol
Unconfirmed:

Mmmm...

1) Virgin Media got new broadcasting deal signed with channels own by A+E Networks UK (A&E Television Networks/British Sky Broadcasting) and NGC-UK Partnership (National Geographic Society/Fox International Channels)?
2) Virgin Media has an glitch with them.
3) Some more channels numbers may move (From Channels 228 to 242).
4) If an new deal has been signed we may see the following channels coming online soon:

-Bio. +1
-CI HD
-CI +1
-HISTORY HD
-HISTORY +1
-Nat Wild HD

All info on this post is the list of channels we may get if Virgin has signed new deals with A+E Networks UK (A&E Television Networks/British Sky Broadcasting) and NGC-UK Partnership (National Geographic Society/Fox International Channels).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 23-05-2013, 19:30   #1514
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Who watches "the food network".

It's not exactly got the quality of "Saturday Kitchen" or "Two Greedy Italians" or one of Rick Stein's programmes.
There are quite a few who would like the Food Network judging from past posts.
Old 23-05-2013, 19:33   #1515
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
There are quite a few who would like the Food Network judging from past posts.
I am always to busy eating to watch.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread