Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | re Sky tv

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

re Sky tv

Old 14-05-2012, 15:30   #31
buba3d
cf.geek

Services: XL 2x v+, 1 stb, 50mb, phone
buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to buba3d Send a message via Yahoo to buba3d
Re: re Sky tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
thanks man. they send you out the equipment and then openreach come out and installs it for you I think
is there any chance i can contact sky and have them send out the equipment to my old adress as i haven't moved in yet
buba3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-05-2012, 15:33   #32
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

probably, not sure. postman pat might end up giving it to your new neighbours
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 15:49   #33
buba3d
cf.geek

buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light

problem sorted, engineer is bringing the equipment, thats a load off my mind
Old 14-05-2012, 15:54   #34
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Anytime+ will function perfectly well even at your lowest speed , I receive 9mb through Sky Unlimited BB and Anytime+ HD content is generally available to play within 30-45 seconds.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

What experiences you don't have any of Sky
He has to receive within that guideline or he can cancel , his line can obviously cope with the minimum 9mb , my estimate was 5-11mb I get 9mb.
l have had several experiences in the last couple of years whilst staying with family in several places and the speed we got was 0.5MB to 1.0MB.
Old 14-05-2012, 15:57   #35
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have had several experiences in the last couple of years whilst staying with family in several places and the speed we got was 0.5MB to 1.0MB.
Simple answer to that Den is there on a long line from the exchange or have a fault , my parents can't get much over 1mb with a BT line due to being on a long line however theyre exchange is due to be upgraded for fibre later this year.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 16:07   #36
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Simple answer to that Den is there on a long line from the exchange or have a fault , my parents can't get much over 1mb with a BT line due to being on a long line however theyre exchange is due to be upgraded for fibre later this year.
l think there is a lot of truth in how far users are from the exchange as both members of my family are 8 to 10 miles from the exchange.
Old 14-05-2012, 16:11   #37
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l think there is a lot of truth in how far users are from the exchange as both members of my family are 8 to 10 miles from the exchange.
Unfortunately Den , that is the limitation for some with long lines , my Sky BB line gives me 9mb which for my use i'm more than happy with until a time when my exchange is upgraded to fibre giving me the option to upgrade to either 40/2 or 80/20 service from Sky.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2012, 13:32   #38
buba3d
cf.geek

Due to a mess up by vm my new install date for phone and bRoadband and is now the 7th of June

I have 3 non activated phone jacks (living room and 1 in each bedroom) 2 bedrooms so will sky still install the box plus 2 multirooms or is this gonna be a further delay?
Old 21-05-2012, 13:34   #39
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

there'll fit new cables for the boxes via the dish
Old 30-05-2012, 15:48   #40
buba3d
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
there'll fit new cables for the boxes via the dish
they didn't, i got shafted big style and now i'm on the war path with the housing people, the return connection for sky+ is apparently not working, no multiroom either because there was sky connectors in the rooms, so because of the total balls up i never got the 1tb sky+hd box

absolutely furious
Old 30-05-2012, 15:55   #41
thenry
Inactive

huh?
Old 30-05-2012, 15:58   #42
buba3d
cf.geek

i got sky hd, thats it, nothing more nothing less, 1 box that only records 1 channel
Old 30-05-2012, 16:02   #43
thenry
Inactive

why? could you elaborate please
Old 30-05-2012, 16:25   #44
buba3d
cf.geek

the 2 installers came up to install the sky tb box, plus the 2x multirooms, but when they went into the room they said it couldn't be done i'd have to get the housing to sort it or id have fork out the money for it, , so i never got the 2x multiroom installed (i have no idea why) just said they don't do that type of install whatever the hell that meant, so the engineer passed me onto the cs, was asked a few questions and then the installer said we have another problem, the return connection in my house aint working so i can only have the tb box but can only record 1 thing at a time, i said fine so the guy installs the tb box and it all goes well, 5 mins later the the other installer comes up and says because of the order you made and because we can't do the instal for that order you cant get the tb box they then installed the hd+ box

no tb box, no multirooms and only 1 recordable feed.

5 mins with sky and now i ask my self the question, why did i even bother
Old 30-05-2012, 16:29   #45
thenry
Inactive

you live in a flat or house? they meant to say they wont drill holes etc. ?