Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | re Sky tv

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

re Sky tv

Old 14-05-2012, 13:35   #16
buba3d
cf.geek

Services: XL 2x v+, 1 stb, 50mb, phone
buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to buba3d Send a message via Yahoo to buba3d
Re: re Sky tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
so there'll upgrade you when it becomes available or do you have to call in?
they said they will phone me once it becomes available
buba3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-05-2012, 13:39   #17
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 13:43   #18
buba3d
cf.geek

buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light

been on the phone for a 20+ mins trying to cancel vm, and they still wont take no for an answer

VM "but we can provide vm to you at your new address, cheaper bla bla"
me "i want to cancel vm"
vm "why"
me "because i've got a sky install coming tomorrow"
vm "you need to phone them after after this call and cancel them"
me "un fricken real" i then put the phone down
Old 14-05-2012, 13:48   #19
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

was that retentions? tell them your getting fibre and your 30meters away from the cabinet and half mile away from the local exchange. and your getting sky sports 3, 4, f1 etc. in H 'bloody' D
Old 14-05-2012, 13:51   #20
buba3d
cf.geek

lol, i'll sort it during the week, i need to gear my self up for another long exhausting call.
Old 14-05-2012, 14:16   #21
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

What speed have Sky estimated for your line until you get fibre ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 15:05   #22
buba3d
cf.geek

between 9 -16mb
Old 14-05-2012, 15:07   #23
thenry
Inactive

could you be kind enough to set up ping monitors for both your ADSL connection and then Fibre when you get upgraded ?
Old 14-05-2012, 15:12   #24
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by buba3d View Post
between 9 -16mb
You will be lucky if you get that from my experiences.
Old 14-05-2012, 15:17   #25
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
between 9 -16mb
Anytime+ will function perfectly well even at your lowest speed , I receive 9mb through Sky Unlimited BB and Anytime+ HD content is generally available to play within 30-45 seconds.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You will be lucky if you get that from my experiences.
What experiences you don't have any of Sky
He has to receive within that guideline or he can cancel , his line can obviously cope with the minimum 9mb , my estimate was 5-11mb I get 9mb.
Old 14-05-2012, 15:21   #26
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Anytime+ will function perfectly well even at your lowest speed , I receive 9mb through Sky Unlimited BB and Anytime+ HD content is generally available to play within 30-45 seconds.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

He has to receive within that guideline or he can cancel , his line can obviously cope with the minimum 9mb , my estimate was 5-11mb I get 9mb.
My estimate was 9.6 - 16 but im getting 20mb
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 15:22   #27
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

My estimate was 1.5 to 2.5 ish Mbps and I get close to 6

Roll on the 28th when I hopefully get Sky fibre installed.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 15:26   #28
buba3d
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
could you be kind enough to set up ping monitors for both your ADSL connection and then Fibre when you get upgraded ?
will do, quick question does the sky equipment get posted days before the visit or does the sky engineer bring the equipment?
reason i ask is that i haven't moved into the new house yet (between flit)
Old 14-05-2012, 15:28   #29
thenry
Inactive

thanks man. they send you out the equipment and then openreach come out and installs it for you I think
Old 14-05-2012, 15:28   #30
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
will do, quick question does the sky equipment get posted days before the visit or does the sky engineer bring the equipment?
reason i ask is that i haven't moved into the new house yet (between flit)
Mine was posted out , I received it approximately one week before my line went live.