Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | re Sky tv

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

re Sky tv

Old 12-05-2012, 00:08   #1
buba3d
cf.geek

Services: XL 2x v+, 1 stb, 50mb, phone
buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to buba3d Send a message via Yahoo to buba3d
re Sky tv

Currently a vm customer however have to move to a new house because the old one is getting demolished, anyways the new apartment doesn't have vm (not a cabled area) but i do have a shared dish, each room has the sky connection (living room, and both bedrooms) however i want to have sky in each room but dont want to have to suffer watching the same stuff as the person in the living room.

i assume i have to get bt and can i get sky bb bundle? i move in on monday and i need to get all this stuff sorted before 2 weeks (carpets, laminated flooring etc)

how much do you think it will cost as i keep reading stuff about £199 a box
buba3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2012, 00:15   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: re Sky tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by buba3d View Post
Currently a vm customer however have to move to a new house because the old one is getting demolished, anyways the new apartment doesn't have vm (not a cabled area) but i do have a shared dish, each room has the sky connection (living room, and both bedrooms) however i want to have sky in each room but dont want to have to suffer watching the same stuff as the person in the living room.

i assume i have to get bt and can i get sky bb bundle? i move in on monday and i need to get all this stuff sorted before 2 weeks (carpets, laminated flooring etc)

how much do you think it will cost as i keep reading stuff about £199 a box
Sky+HD box is free and a second box non recordable HD is free with a £10.25 fee a month.
Try and build a bundle here
http://www.sky.com/shop/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:20   #3
buba3d
cf.geek

buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light

is the sky world package, all the packages combined apart from mutv, chelsea and espn?
Old 12-05-2012, 00:21   #4
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

if the new place has infinity enabled go for a Sky package including fibre broadband. the broadband package you want to be on is called sky fibre pro or something which hasnt got the 2mb up cap. that of course is down to your usage and willingness to spend.

with regards to tv, sky multiroom is what your after. boxes are free but you pay extra per month.

call up and try to haggle
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:23   #5
buba3d
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
if the new place has infinity enabled go for a Sky package including fibre broadband. the broadband package you want to be on is called sky fibre pro or something which hasnt got the 2mb up cap. that of course is down to your usage and willingness to spend.

with regards to tv, sky multiroom is what your after. boxes are free but you pay extra per month.

call up and try to hangle
infinity for my area is september 2012
Old 12-05-2012, 00:25   #6
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

use that to your advantage. endure ADSL with Sky then move up when Skys fibre product becomes available. they want your £££
Old 12-05-2012, 00:44   #7
buba3d
cf.geek

just done a post code search and it says i can get Sky Broadband Everyday Lite and Unlimited as long as i take sky line rental

currently forking out £130+ for vm
Old 12-05-2012, 00:57   #8
thenry
Inactive

call Skys CS
Old 12-05-2012, 10:22   #9
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by buba3d View Post
just done a post code search and it says i can get Sky Broadband Everyday Lite and Unlimited as long as i take sky line rental

currently forking out £130+ for vm
The prices currently are as follows
Sky World £53.00
HD Pack £10.25
Sky Multiroom £10.25 with a free non recordable HD box
Sky Unlimited BB £7.50
Sky Talk £12.25 includes 01/02 calls after 7pm and weekends
Sky Talk Unlimited £5.00 for calls all day to 01/02 numbers

Total £98.25 if you took Sky Talk Unlimited , there are currently offers on via online for half price BB

When Fibre Optic becomes available at your exchange I believe the pricing is as follows

Upto 40mb / 2mb upload unlimited £20.00 which would add £12.50 to above price
Upto 80mb / 20mb upload unlimited £30.00 which would add £22.50 to above price.

Some prices may rise in September bear in mind , it's also worth noting ESPN would cost you an additional £9.00 if you have Sky Sports or £12.00 if you don't subscribe to Sky Sports.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 13:12   #10
buba3d
cf.geek

thats it all ordered, all booked for the 29th of may

now its time for the dreaded vm call
Old 14-05-2012, 13:16   #11
thenry
Inactive

what did you order and whats the break down of the deal you got?
Old 14-05-2012, 13:22   #12
buba3d
cf.geek

well my mum wanted the 1tb box

• Sky+HD 1TB box £149
  • SkyHD Box Free
  • SkyHD Box £49
  • TV standard set-up Free
  • Broadband Hardware Postage £2.18
  • Line Rental Set-up £10
  • Anytime+ engineer set-up Free
  • Sky TV £40.50
    • - Entertainment Extra
    • - Sports 1 Pack
    • - Sports 2 Pack
    • - Movies 1 Pack
    • - Movies 2 Pack
  • Sky Sports 3 Free
  • Sky Sports 4 Free
  • Sky Movies Premiere Free
  • Disney Cinemagic Free
  • HD Pack £5.12
  • 2 x Multiroom subscription £20.50
  • Broadband Unlimited £7.50
  • Sky Talk Freetime Free
  • Sky Talk Line Rental £12.25
£103 a month
i was paying about 130-140 a month for vm
Old 14-05-2012, 13:25   #13
thenry
Inactive

broadband postage and set up? thats nice of them. did you speak them about fibre becoming available later on in the year?
Old 14-05-2012, 13:28   #14
buba3d
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
broadband postage and set up? thats nice of them. did you speak them about fibre becoming available later on in the year?
september
Old 14-05-2012, 13:32   #15
thenry
Inactive

so there'll upgrade you when it becomes available or do you have to call in?