Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky to freeze prices until 2012.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky to freeze prices until 2012.

Old 24-06-2011, 19:04   #16
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Sky to freeze prices until 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Yes that was a gripe I have with VM , the phone bundle prices they are way over the top. Sky are also dropping the per Box HD charge from September , basically if you have the HD pack you will get HD on all boxes.
Then Virgin will have to change their pricing so that you only have to pay one HD charge no matter how many boxes a customer has.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-06-2011, 20:00   #17
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Then Virgin will have to change their pricing so that you only have to pay one HD charge no matter how many boxes a customer has.
I would suppose that would depend on the commercial agreement sky and virgin media have in place denphone..
Old 24-06-2011, 20:05   #18
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
I would suppose that would depend on the commercial agreement sky and virgin media have in place denphone..
And they are not going to tell us anything.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 20:05   #19
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliedontsurf View Post
To be fair you'll be hard pushed to find any service provider EG

SKY,O2,VM,BT,TALKTALK, ECT who will give you anything while you're in contract with them.

An if you're out of contract with VM, customer relations will usually make you a decent offer if you agree to stay.
I would like to point out that VM have upgraded me from 512kb to 2MB and then up to 10MB without being asked to do so and indeed provided the upgrades for free.
Not sure any one else has done anything similar.
Old 24-06-2011, 20:52   #20
Charliedontsurf
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HDx4,Skyworld+Multiroom. VM 50Mb
Charliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But will they still charge the £49.99 fee to "activate" the HD?
Charliedontsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 21:05   #21
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I would like to point out that VM have upgraded me from 512kb to 2MB and then up to 10MB without being asked to do so and indeed provided the upgrades for free.
My partners dad has been the same as well.

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

Quote:
Yes they may will but at least they will not have the ongoing monthly fee for the HD
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 21:55   #22
Charliedontsurf
Permanently Banned

Charliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Another good point of how VM have increased charges and one I had forgotten about.

You now have to pay an "upgrade" fee to get what was once free so technically yet another price increase for long standing customers.
Old 24-06-2011, 22:34   #23
Jameseh

Now I know I'l be £13 better off every month for at least 12 month
Old 24-06-2011, 23:31   #24
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Another good point of how VM have increased charges and one I had forgotten about.

You now have to pay an "upgrade" fee to get what was once free so technically yet another price increase for long standing customers.
I get this feeling you don't like Virgin Media very much, but have a thing for Sky

---------- Post added at 23:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:29 ----------

Virgin Media customers have always had to pay to upgrade to the next tier up, but upgrades on the same tier are free. That hasn't changed
Old 24-06-2011, 23:40   #25
Charliedontsurf
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I get this feeling you don't like Virgin Media very much, but have a thing for Sky

---------- Post added at 23:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:29 ----------

Virgin Media customers have always had to pay to upgrade to the next tier up, but upgrades on the same tier are free. That hasn't changed
Last time I cable it was called Telewest and you could upgrade/down grade whenever you wanted free of charge no new contracts.

I don't have a preference for either company I have stated VM's services when running correctly and billed correctly are very good.

The phone service is too expensive for me and the TV service didn't offer what I wanted but I still have the broadband.

If VM let me ditch the broadband tomorrow for free would I? HELL YES but thats personal preference.

I'm used to my broadband workin for xboxlive and youtube, it doesnt on Virginmedia.
Old 24-06-2011, 23:48   #26
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Last time I cable it was called Telewest and you could upgrade/down grade whenever you wanted free of charge no new contracts.
Alot of investment has occured since Telewest, which has to be paid for somehow

But as this is a Sky price change thread I'll not drag it off topic any further

Back to topic, if all Sky telephone customers are getting a price increase, isn't the topic title misleading?
Old 25-06-2011, 09:35   #27
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Alot of investment has occured since Telewest, which has to be paid for somehow

But as this is a Sky price change thread I'll not drag it off topic any further

Back to topic, if all Sky telephone customers are getting a price increase, isn't the topic title misleading?
Yes it should be Sky TV prices to be froze.

As for telephone increases a Sky customer from September pays 12.25 and gets line rental and evening + weekend calls for 12.25 compare to a whopping 13.90 + 4.00 = 17.90 with VM a difference of 5.65.

You can also pay a year upfront with Sky at 9.25 a month so from September 10.25 saving you 7.65 a month over VM L phone package.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 17:06   #28
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I never paid any fee to activate HD...
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 21:14   #29
beeman
Kiss My Stinger

Services: Virgin VIP package, FREEVIEW
beeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
I never paid any fee to activate HD...
neither did i, then again at the time my HD was activated i had access to a massive HALF a channel (BBC HD)
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 18:39   #30
redredlisa77
Inactive

redredlisa77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had both and i think there both as bad as each other vm are having a line rental increase of 91p in august but prices for sky are also going up for line rental as for skys 'Price freeze ' as normal there advertising is missleading us there will still be increases on there line rental or broadband services and i have seen on there website that there will be a slight increase for sports / movie packages. vm have recently done foc activation for all already excisting customers who applied for it via there web site and charged £20 for delivery of the box vm supply hd channels on there packages foc as long as you have the box they only charge extra if on movies and sports premiums. I am currently with vm now in my new home and am in a contract for this, i can and have called vm in past and upgraded and downgraded my packages sometimes puts me in contract but on the most when doing a downgrade no contract is needed. only thing i will say broadband with vm is 10 times better then sky will ever be .
redredlisa77 is offline   Reply With Quote