Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky+ Boxes phased out

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky+ Boxes phased out

Old 04-02-2010, 11:57   #31
zing_deleted

Re: Sky+ Boxes phased out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightscot View Post
My install is booked for this Monday - so i'll be fitting some larger trunking to the skirting board this weekend

One other (silly) question - does the install include an HDMI cable - or do i have to supply one?

mine did
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2010, 11:59   #32
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Yup, comes with a hdmi
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:10   #33
Tightscot
Inactive

Tightscot has reached the bronze age
Tightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze age

Thanks
Tightscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 15:16   #34
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
OK it's all working, BUT, I've programmed in all my recordings that I wrote down off my old box and the option to series link isn't coming up on 10 out of 12 or so of the series' I was able to link fine on my old box :\ Any ideas?
Did you copy all the settings from the plus (+) box including from the installers menu - the RF channel output and the software update?
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 21:47   #35
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Just curious but if I called to get just a HD box would I face an extra monthly charge?

I have sky+ at the moment and just want any free HD and none that I have to pay extra for
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:10   #36
webcrawler2050
Inactive

webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age

You have to pay £10 for HD.

I've just had mine installed chuffed.

250GB for personal
250Gb for anytime

Engineer, said you don't need an engineer and if you don't get a landline just a £25 charge.
Old 06-02-2010, 13:59   #37
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
You have to pay £10 for HD.

I've just had mine installed chuffed.

250GB for personal
250Gb for anytime

Engineer, said you don't need an engineer and if you don't get a landline just a £25 charge.
Wow, they have to split 50/50 storage for anytime?

Still, 250GB is still good.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 14:25   #38
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Wow, they have to split 50/50 storage for anytime?

Still, 250GB is still good.

Thats what the engineer told me, nice bloke
Old 06-02-2010, 17:00   #39
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKnowledge View Post
Did you copy all the settings from the plus (+) box including from the installers menu - the RF channel output and the software update?
It's working now, it just took ages to get the series link settings down
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 15:24   #40
Tightscot
Inactive

Tightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze age

well i got my sky+ installed without a hitch.... or so i thought.

Firstly i got a 160GB box would have preferred a bigger drive but never mind.

Secondly, i've just discovered that my EPG is not the new one but is still the old style one. From what i've seen, the new EPG started coming out early last year, so quite why my new box hasn't updated confuses me...

Is it true that i can't force the EPG to update?

Also, i don't have the box connected to the phone line, will this affect updates?
Old 10-02-2010, 19:49   #41
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
Just curious but if I called to get just a HD box would I face an extra monthly charge?

I have sky+ at the moment and just want any free HD and none that I have to pay extra for
you can have the sky+ HD box without the HD subscription but it will cost you £149 + install fee (thats what i was quoted as an existing full hit customer),
anyways,just took the advice off here and rang them,box is due to arrive in post on 15/02 and only a £30 charge,have subscribed to HD package,if you do it online you have to register and they get back to you with a date (this was as of last night when i nearly ordered it online).
seems like sky are taking a leaf out of VM's book with the self install
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 20:18   #42
Tightscot
Inactive

to update my previous post, i just forced a software upgrade and now have the new EPG
Old 10-02-2010, 20:21   #43
on in an hour!
Inactive

on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightscot View Post
to update my previous post, i just forced a software upgrade and now have the new EPG
pray tell me how,im stuck with the old EPG on my sky+ box also.
Old 10-02-2010, 21:01   #44
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by on in an hour! View Post
pray tell me how,im stuck with the old EPG on my sky+ box also.
The new EPG is for Sky+HD boxes only.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 21:06   #45
on in an hour!
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
The new EPG is for Sky+HD boxes only.
ok,thanks matt, found out off DS how to do a software update so had already started doing it nevermind,thanks for the reply.