Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stupid Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Stupid Sky

Old 27-02-2008, 15:25   #16
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Stupid Sky

Some one pass the popcorn this is getting interesting lol!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2008, 15:26   #17
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
I was going to go with wallys, but your answer was much better
well of course it was
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 15:28   #18
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
well of course it was
Well, the Law of Averages dictates that you had to come out with something funnier than me eventually
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 15:42   #19
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Well, the Law of Averages dictates that you had to come out with something funnier than me eventually
well, lets be fair, a plate of jelly comes out with funnier things than you
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 16:37   #20
Nugget
Inactive

Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Yeah, but only Lime jelly - the rest of it's just dull
Old 27-02-2008, 16:42   #21
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
It must be jelly, because jam don't shake like that.......
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 16:45   #22
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
It must be jelly, because jam don't shake like that.......
Now that depends on how much you threaten it...
Old 27-02-2008, 16:48   #23
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Back on topic please.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 18:17   #24
xspeedyx

I bet loads of sky customers get away with free movies seems a bit of a dogy system coudlnt they just use the satelites to collect the information?
Old 27-02-2008, 21:37   #25
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
Well, this is a little long so bear with it.

We used to have normal every day SKY - been wanting Sky + for months & months, I have never had the spare cash though.

So we moved into our new property and as I was mooching around the house, in the attic I saw a silver box, thought it was a dvd player, but it turned out to be a SKY + box - thought to my wahoo - lucky git!

So I plugged it in, rang sky and they confirmed I could use the box, they just wanted serial number etc. So - they activated it, said the Live service would be on in 4 hours. 6 Hours later it's not, so I rang back, its now around 4:30PM - they said, the signal hadn't been sent so they sent it, again they repeated wait for hours. So I did - still nothing, I was a little miffed and tired as it was 23:45 - I rang expecting to get "Sorry we are closed" but I got an answer, wowzers, the women said, theres a debt on your account. I said WHAT! no there isnt, its all paid as it should be, checked my statements to be sure. They confirmed it was for movies, I said, we havn't had any movies since December, it was £105.00 so I was a little shocked and annoyed.

Anywho after establishing they confirmed - our old sky box hadn't called the system back to confirm our purchases - they said it was our phone line, I said it was the box.

Anywho the women demanded payment now, I said jog on, dont get paid for a few days yet.. She said I can't put your sky+ on until the bill is paid, I said, it will be paid on the 28th - kicked off a little and she went away and said, "Ill see what I can do"

Anywho - she came back and said, Ive found a work around. I said, loverly apologised for snapping and said also thanks for the help especially at this time of the night.

So I will be switching to V+ whne my contract is up. Seems a better service anywho!
Are you on drugs?

You run up the bill, and then they give you a workaround that means you can upgrade to Sky+ for free even though you still owe them the money and you're complaining about the service?

andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 21:45   #26
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

So I will be switching to V+ whne my contract is up. Seems a better service anywho!

Well, you'll have another year of Sky first, as AFAIK taking Sky+ ties you to another 12 month contract.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 23:25   #27
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlinux View Post
I bet loads of sky customers get away with free movies seems a bit of a dogy system coudlnt they just use the satelites to collect the information?
I doubt if they 'get away' with it - as I said, in my case, the box just sent the signal about several matches all at once
Old 04-03-2008, 01:01   #28
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
Are you on drugs?

You run up the bill, and then they give you a workaround that means you can upgrade to Sky+ for free even though you still owe them the money and you're complaining about the service?
No no drugs today! Anywho the point of fact was that the films where ordered in June / July / August / September / October / November and where paid for month by month on the 13th of every month - so my point is / was why in the blue hell am I being charged twice and why has the Sky Box called back twice?

Quote:
Well, you'll have another year of Sky first, as AFAIK taking Sky+ ties you to another 12 month contract.
3 months left of the Sky Contract!
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:49   #29
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The fact that Sky didnt tell me about the bill until 24 hours ago and there box ****** up!
I don't get it.

You're not disputing the charges???

So you owe them the money, obviously the movies hadn't shown on your bill in previous months and you were happy to let it ride.

Then when you're found out, Sky even let you connect up with the amount still owing.

Sounds like good customer service to me.

There may have been a technical glich with the box, but still good CS.

I can't still what you have to complain about.
Old 04-03-2008, 13:31   #30
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlinux View Post
Not unless they want to give their subscribers dishes a lot larger than the current ones, and possibly pay Ofcom for creating millions of unlicenced broadcasters.

AFAIK, the various Astra satellites Sky use simply re-transmit the signals they recieve from Sky. They can not do anything else (which is why it is possible to recieve all sky channels given a hacked card and why Sky invested millions in an encryption system to prevent this).

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I can't still what you have to complain about.
Same here.. Sky (like any company) have their faults, but it seems that in this case, their customer service has been excellent.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote