Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky here i come for TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky here i come for TV

Old 07-06-2007, 15:04   #16
fizgog
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD , VM Phone [XL], VM BB [M]
fizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to all
Re: Sky here i come for TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcclanuk View Post
How did u manage that??? That is what I am waiting for!!!
Maybe you should give them a ring and quote the ref number, just pretend you had a letter
fizgog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2007, 15:19   #17
dreko07
Inactive

dreko07 will become famous soon enoughdreko07 will become famous soon enoughdreko07 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizgog View Post
Maybe you should give them a ring and quote the ref number, just pretend you had a letter
I like your style
dreko07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 17:38   #18
leics poshie
Inactive

Services: 2 for £20 Tv and Braodband calls unlimited
leics poshie is an unknown quantity at this point

just spoke to them and i am getting the 80gb box
leics poshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 20:37   #19
dreko07
Inactive

dreko07 will become famous soon enoughdreko07 will become famous soon enoughdreko07 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by leics poshie View Post
thats okay thats what I have and its perfectly good.
Old 07-06-2007, 21:16   #20
zing_deleted

you get a refurb box. They phoned me and offered me the same deal I got 2 months free also
Old 07-06-2007, 21:37   #21
fizgog
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD , VM Phone [XL], VM BB [M]
fizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by leics poshie View Post
Will the box be able to handle Sky Anytime when it comes out?
fizgog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 21:42   #22
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
On they Sky site it says Anytime
We're always working hard to bring our customers the latest technology to enhance their enjoyment and experience of Sky. Sky Anytime on TV is available now to customers with a Sky HD box and to most customers with the latest Sky+ box. It will be rolled out to the remaining customers with the latest Sky+ box over the coming weeks.
The most recent Sky+ boxes have a larger hard drive in them which means they can support the latest services that we have to offer, such as Sky Anytime on TV. You can check to see if you have a recent Sky+ box by doing the following:
  • Press the Services button on your remote control
  • Press 4 - System Setup
  • Then press 5 - System Details.
The first 4 digits in the Version Number field will tell you what type of Sky+ box you have and you'll then be able to determine if you can receive Sky Anytime on TV. Boxes with version codes 4F21, 9F22, 4E21 and 4E30 will be able to receive this service over the coming weeks. Unfortunately those with codes 4F20, 9F23, 9F21, 9F20 & 4E20 will not.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:16   #23
leics poshie
Inactive

Quote:
Because i am a new customer i am getting either

AMSTRAD DRX-280 160GB (80GB) = PVR3 - [4F21nn]

PACE TDS470N 160GB (80GB) = PVR3 - [9F22nn]

THOMSON DSI8210 160GB (80GB) = PVR3 - [4E21nn]

Both these boxes can handle skyanytime and i am getting a brand new box just phoned to check, it is current customers who are getting offered refurb boxes

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
you get a refurb box. They phoned me and offered me the same deal I got 2 months free also

wrong
Old 08-06-2007, 16:29   #24
dreko07
Inactive

Quote:
its out already i think, isnt anytime just for hd boxes?
Old 08-06-2007, 17:19   #25
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreko07 View Post
its out already i think, isnt anytime just for hd boxes?
As in the post above -
The first 4 digits in the Version Number field will tell you what type of Sky+ box you have and you'll then be able to determine if you can receive Sky Anytime on TV. Boxes with version codes 4F21, 9F22, 4E21 and 4E30 will be able to receive this service over the coming weeks. Unfortunately those with codes 4F20, 9F23, 9F21, 9F20 & 4E20 will not.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 21:22   #26
iain_herts
Ex SKY Engineer

Services: 2x sky+ /sky16Mb/bt phone
iain_herts has reached the bronze age
iain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to iain_herts

sky still do the 160Hdd sky+ box but these are push items they dont get carried on any van's and u have to request it.

all new sky+ and skyHd box's will recived sky anytime (my option i think its crap)

please be aware even tho u have been promised a new box check wen the installer arrives ask him what his job sheet says as most of the jobs were booked as a grade A install (a trick that they been playing)
Old 09-06-2007, 01:01   #27
UnReaL
Inactive

UnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcclanuk View Post
How did u manage that??? That is what I am waiting for!!!
You get an "A Grade" Sky + Box, which is refurbished and very buggy, if left on for a couple of hours not doing anything in stand by mode, it freezes and you have to switch off the Box and put it on again, it takes around 6 minutes (less if your really, really lucky) to "warm up" and if its on the green light and showing any particular channel for a while, it again freezes up and requires a restart.

The recording is great, watching one channel and recording another, or recording two at the same time, but then you can only watch only one of the two channels that are being recorded (hence the change of two LNB (Sky Multiroom, to four LNB for Sky +).

The Box itself looks new, its packaged like its never been used before, until you read the small print.

I forgot to mention that the reaction time for the Sky + Box to pick up a signal from the Remote Control is off by a mile, probably because of buggy software, or maybe because its refurbished, because used boxes tend to slow down after a while.

Two Pictures of my Sky + included..

A post from a different thread, this is the deal I got:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnReaL View Post
I had a phone call from Sky today at about 1:30pm, I was given an offer of a free Sky+ box with £25 credit added to my Account.

So basically I got the following:

1. Free Sky+ box w/ £25 credit added to Account.
2. No minimum contract (so contract free, can cancel anytime and will be able to keep the Sky + box).
2. 1st month free.
3. 2nd month = £5.xx plus an added 10% discount.

I can basically pay the £5.xx for the 2nd month, cancel 30 days before next month and still keep box, paying for just the 2nd month. This is a bargain without a doubt.

Before anyone says anything, I know that you cannot record programmes without a subscription, but I have no problem with that, given that I'm only paying £5.xx for a "spare" box incase my other Multiroom box messes up on me (out of contract box).
----------

I've also remembered, has anyone received a promotional letter by Sky yesterday?

It comes in the shape a 50 pence piece, you'll see that inside it clearly says in the small print that you receive a refurbished Sky + box:

Quote:
**An A Grade Sky+ box is a refurbished Sky+ box and is provided "as new". This means that the equipment has previously been used and has been refurbished by the manufacturer or its authorised agent.
UnReaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:32   #28
leics poshie
Inactive

http://sam-radford.me.uk/skyplus.htm
Old 12-06-2007, 08:07   #29
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

hello im geting a grade A box to, but i didnt ask sky if it was a 40gb or 80gb, also can you tell me if signal quality from sky+ box is better than standard box as i always had problems when it rained picture would just freeze.. are the grade A boxes PVR3 or older models.thanks for any help
albertsteptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:36   #30
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Heh Heh nice try Sky but seriously, not good enough!
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote