Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | More VM Jobs could be lost to the Philippines.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

More VM Jobs could be lost to the Philippines.

Old 07-11-2017, 17:49   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
More VM Jobs could be lost to the Philippines.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/20...-in-gateshead/

I detest dealing with these idiots, much prefer talking to someone from the UK.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2017, 18:07   #2
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: More VM could be lost to the Philippines.

I have discussed this in the past with friends and family and this is the one thing that annoys me tbh about VM.

I think I may just leave VM simply being as it's bad enough atm trying to get through to a UK call center.
Old 07-11-2017, 19:45   #3
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one
Re: More VM could be lost to the Philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I have discussed this in the past with friends and family and this is the one thing that annoys me tbh about VM.

I think I may just leave VM simply being as it's bad enough atm trying to get through to a UK call center.
And tell me a company who doesn't do the same? They may have UK call centres but they are just a token gesture to may you think they have UK call centres exclusively.
Old 07-11-2017, 19:51   #4
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: More VM Jobs could be lost to the Philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I find it disappointing that you call anyone simply trying to do their job an 'idiot'. In fact it is completely disrespectful.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 19:56   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I find it disappointing that you call anyone simply trying to do their job an 'idiot'. In fact it is completely disrespectful.
They are just doing their job IMO as my gripe is why are Virgin Media as a company not employing British workers fully.

Last edited by denphone; 07-11-2017 at 20:44.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 20:03   #6
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Agreed !!
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 20:31   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

They cannot even come up with an excuse that makes sense ;

Quote:
A spokesman said they were receiving fewer phone calls from the public, with many people making enquiries online.
How does that mean you need to transfer the jobs to the Philippines

It may mean fewer jobs, but thats not the same thing at all.

(and who is dealing with all the online queries ?)

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 21:52   #8
Mr Banana

Quote:

Richard why would you call them idiots? They may not be up to the standard that you DEMAND but i'm pretty sure they are not idiots and please remember that they are simply doing their job and have families to provide for.

Last edited by Mr Banana; 07-11-2017 at 21:58.
Old 07-11-2017, 22:53   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Many can hardly speak English and lack the most basic of intelligence. If you find me sharing my honest experience "disrespectful", then so be it.
Old 07-11-2017, 23:29   #10
Mr Banana

Quote:
Many can hardly speak English and lack the most basic of intelligence. If you find me sharing my honest experience "disrespectful", then so be it.
Lack the most basic of intelligence? You make my blood boil with some of your posts.
  Reply With Quote Received Warning
Old 08-11-2017, 01:53   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Posts edited.

Wind it in, both of you, or the "Wrath of Admin" will descend further upon you.

(That goes for anyone else in this thread as well).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:15   #12
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
Lack the most basic of intelligence? You make my blood boil with some of your posts.
Some of the frankly bizarre nonsense that they come out with has led me to this conclusion.

It's not only VM though, I rang Asda (Phillipinos) the other week and she kept going on about something I hadn't even queried and kept ignoring what I had actually asked!

I really don't think it's too much to ask to expect a sensible conversation when you call a UK company. I don't suppose that the 100 or so VM employees are that chuffed about it either.

---------- Post added at 01:15 ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
They cannot even come up with an excuse that makes sense ;

How does that mean you need to transfer the jobs to the Philippines

It may mean fewer jobs, but thats not the same thing at all.

It's just corporate BS, in reality it's because they are cheap.

However, what these companies don't seem to take into account is that some customers will leave because of this practice.

Also, (according to a VM employee based in the UK that I spoke to recently) they lie and get things wrong which takes up a lot of their resources in correcting. He also told me that 95% of complaints were either about them or the errors that they make.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:47   #13
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I do not mean to offend anyone but this is just my opinion and experience with VM and call centers.

I do think being able to make yourself understood is necessary don't get me wrong I do feel sorry for them simply being it must be extremely for both parties when both parties cannot understand what each other is saying.

Maybe it's me and maybe I have a strong Scottish accent that they have difficulty with example if you have a strong regional accent then maybe they are going to have trouble understanding you as that seems to the problem I have.

I do wonder if they have difficulty with other regional accents or is just me?

I just feel most of the time when I get through to them we seem to be communicating in a different language to each other with very little understanding of how to rectify the problem due to the lack of understanding of both accents.

I personally find this extremely frustrating and tbh it is not very good for customer relations. I may be selfish but when I phone with a problem to customer services I do expect to get some sort assistance maybe I'm asking too much or being selfish here to expect this

I do not think they lack intelligence nor do I think that they are idiots but what I do think is both parties must find the experience of not being able to understand each other fully, very frustrating and that is not good for both the customer or the business. I do find them very polite when they say sorry Mam I do not understand or Oh I'm sorry Mam that is not correct.

I fully appreciate that these call centers are needed at times but did it not use to be that offshore take the calls out of hours, plus any overflow during the day.

Lately it just seems impossible to get through to a UK call center that's all.
Old 08-11-2017, 13:34   #14
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
How's your Phillipino? or do you lack the basic intelligence to speak it?

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
The computers.
Old 08-11-2017, 14:04   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
How's your Phillipino? or do you lack the basic intelligence to speak it?
I don't speak a word of it, but there again I don't need to as I aren't taking a Phillipino job whilst their own people are being made unemployed.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I do not mean to offend anyone but this is just my opinion and experience with VM and call centers.

I do think being able to make yourself understood is necessary don't get me wrong I do feel sorry for them simply being it must be extremely for both parties when both parties cannot understand what each other is saying.

Maybe it's me and maybe I have a strong Scottish accent that they have difficulty with example if you have a strong regional accent then maybe they are going to have trouble understanding you as that seems to the problem I have.

I do wonder if they have difficulty with other regional accents or is just me?

I just feel most of the time when I get through to them we seem to be communicating in a different language to each other with very little understanding of how to rectify the problem due to the lack of understanding of both accents.

I personally find this extremely frustrating and tbh it is not very good for customer relations. I may be selfish but when I phone with a problem to customer services I do expect to get some sort assistance maybe I'm asking too much or being selfish here to expect this

I do not think they lack intelligence nor do I think that they are idiots but what I do think is both parties must find the experience of not being able to understand each other fully, very frustrating and that is not good for both the customer or the business. I do find them very polite when they say sorry Mam I do not understand or Oh I'm sorry Mam that is not correct.

I fully appreciate that these call centers are needed at times but did it not use to be that offshore take the calls out of hours, plus any overflow during the day.

Lately it just seems impossible to get through to a UK call center that's all.
I think that their poor command of the English language is a contributory factor (some are better than others), but a lack of common sense is too.

I don't suppose reading everything from a script helps either.

At one time, because I refused to deal with them, I had a special UK number allocated for me to call. Malones Liberty Global 'efficiency savings' put paid to that.

It wasn't free like 150, but was worth every penny to be able to speak to someone and have a normal proper conversation; I remember people asking, almost begging me for it, but I had been given strict instructions not to divulge it.