Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | re Sky tv

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

re Sky tv

Old 30-05-2012, 16:38   #46
buba3d
cf.geek

Services: XL 2x v+, 1 stb, 50mb, phone
buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to buba3d Send a message via Yahoo to buba3d
Re: re Sky tv

its a flat with a shared dish, the housing don't want dishes all over the place so its a shared dish, in each room there is a connection for the out door ariel, all he said to me was he doesn't do tat type of installation.
buba3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2012, 16:43   #47
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

then call someone that does. did they not say they will send someone senior out? does each box need its own cable from the dish itself or can the feed be split within your property?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 16:46   #48
buba3d
cf.geek

buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light

i asked about using a spliter, he said it can't be done because the lnb would burn out
Old 30-05-2012, 16:51   #49
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

he's right, you can't (googled it) not sure what your going to do now. contact the housing people and push for an agreement between sky and the housing people or tell them to get VM feeds installed
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 13:21   #50
buba3d
cf.geek

Bt ole reach just sent me a MSG saying I don't need a engineer to come out to install bb and phone and that I can do it my elf on Thursday, if that's the case how the hell can I not have it activated sooner rather than later

Need to get the clerks of work out, the freeview wall plates don't work in the bedrooms.